• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You can't catch the regis in platinum if you don't have the movie regigigas but you can catch 2 of them in BW2.

True, but he did say "non-legends." :p

You can even get (one) of the Hoenn starters in HGSS. Will have to use GTS or GAF for the other two, though.

good news!

eMUdd.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
Ahh yes, now I see the K. So what nefarious plot does Team Koko have? How do they up the ante from Galactic and Plasma?

My plot is to rally up Suplex Kirby, Koffing, the Gold Power Ranger, Bulbasaurus, and Delibird to create a new world ruled by rectangle pieces of cardboard.

Kokonoe

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/12/exclusive-pokemon-distribution-catch-porygon

Who loves catching Pokémon? We here at IGN sure do. That's why we've teamed with the Pokémon Company to offer you lovely readers the chance to score one of the original 151 via our exclusive character distribution. The monster in question is the one and only Virtual Pokemon, Porygon.

QVsxr.jpg

Gotta catch 'em all!

All you need is to have your copy of Pokémon Black or Pokémon White registered at the Pokémon Global Link website (this is completely free of charge, and quite easy if you follow the instructions provided on the site). You also need to make sure you've received the C-Gear in your game, which happens after you beat the first gym.

If you have all that in order, just visit the PGL Promotions page (the link is at the top once you've logged) and enter the following password: IGNPORYGON

Viola! Just follow the instructions (it involves tucking a Pokémon into the Dream World in your game then playing with them on the website) and Porygon is yours.

3B3KL.jpg

Psybeam, GO!

So what's the occasion, you ask? Sheesh, way to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth. Other than the simple fact that Porygon is awesome, we're also holding this special distribution to commemorate the relaunch of the Pokémon Global Link website. The new site includes a brand new area to visit in the Dream World called Icy Cave, where players can catch Ice-Type Pokémon like Sneasel, Spheal and Swinub then transfer them into their game.The new Dream World will also give players more control over which Island of Dreams area they visit, based on which monster they have tucked in at the time.

The Global Trade Station has also launched on the site, allowing players to observe Pokémon trades taking place around the world. New player data is also available in the Reports and My Page sections.

BKf3Q.jpg

Show me your moves, Poygon!

The revamped site is also primed and ready for the North American release of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 on October 7. Only players who pick up these new games will be able to use the PGL to meet Unova region Pokémon in the Dream World. More PGL features for Black 2 and White 2 will be announced later this year, so keep it here on IGN for all the latest Pokémon news as it comes out.

MikeMyers

Watched all the Johto and Hoenn Gym Battles.

Is it me, or is most of Ash's decent strategy mostly consist of doing whatever Brock says?

Hmm, that's kinda cool. I've never used a Porygon before, maybe I should give him a go. I hope they do this more often.

Soooo I found this in a nearby thrift store. Interesting but man I wish they would release figures of some of the gym leaders or the game characters but noooooo. Man does Ash look weird though, lol!

GimMick

^ Got those same figurines like... over ten years ago. They should still be somewhere in the house along with all the other Pokémon figurines I had :p

Hello PokeGaf!
Been lurking around this thread for quite some time now, and this is actually my first post on NeoGaf.
So I wanted to know what everyone here thought about the Pokemon Larvitar, should I replace it with IGN Porygon? Do I keep it? It's from the Dream World, so it's lv.10,too.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hello PokeGaf!
Been lurking around this thread for quite some time now, and this is actually my first post on NeoGaf.
So I wanted to know what everyone here thought about the Pokemon Larvitar, should I replace it with IGN Porygon? Do I keep it? It's from the Dream World, so it's lv.10,too.

Those are two separate types of Pokemon, do you mean by personal like or stats?

I've never used a Porygon so someone else will have to fill in there but Larvitar does grow up into the impressive Tyranitar. I never cared much for his Godzilla like look (I would prefer to keep him as a little Larvitar) but he is super strong. He's slow but if you're only using him in game, he'll trample over a lot of things. Tends to suffer as Fighting Types got better moves but...I had one in Heart Gold and he trampled over most of the Elite Four and the Champion by himself...

Thank you guys for the advice, I guess I'll keep them both, I can do without Petilil/Liligant.

:) It's always a nice thing to keep them both, for that they both can be useful in a pinch. Petilil and co are a bit too fragile to be used comfortably in my opinion, even in-game.

Also: Welcome to the community! I'm also pretty new here.

I think I have never ever asked such a question, perhaps because I don't care a single bit about competitive battling and I like to change teams on a whim, without restrictions. Guess I like to be myself.

I've always wanted to start something like a weekly/monthly giveaway where we choose a few Pokémon for PokéGAF members to breed en mass and give to anyone who signs up for them.

Like the first giveaways could be devoted to each gen's starters.

It's an idea, anyway. There's no reason everyone on this board shouldn't have every single non-legendary.

Hello PokeGaf!

Welcome to the community, YoungBlade. I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to our ranks.

As for the question; I personally would drop Larvitar if I had to pick one or the other. Porygon2 is a godlike defensive wall with an Eviolite and Porygon-Z is a monster with Analytical and Choice Specs (and Hyper Beam + Analytical + Choice Specs breaks the game).

Maybe I'm just weird, but I'd root for the ol' polygon over some dumb kaiju monster any day.

I've made up my mind, I'm keeping Porygon, and letting Larvitar go. I already have some pretty strong Pokemon plus I feel like he's weak to many things that will not benefit me. Besides, I'm not into competitive matches so I'll just be doing in-game. Thank you all for welcoming me and for the advice.

EDIT- I actually traded that Larvitar for a Virizon, it seemed like a good deal to me.

Zeroth

I have a legit Deoxys and Jirachi in gen IV, but I'm missing many key legendaries (Ho-oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, the legendary dogs, darkrai, arceus, palkia, shaymin) before I can complete the national dex (not counting this generation's) for Black.

Well, I can't transfer my gen IV/III pokemon yet, so I'm not concerned about that, but down the road I'll seriously need to consider making some trades to register them all :p

i'm missing: mew, celebi, regigigas and regis trio, jirachi, deoxys, manaphy, phione, shaymin, meloetta, keldeo and genesect

god, thats so many. how can all those pokemon be event-only?

Top Bottom