• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MarkusRJR

garbodor.png

For the most part,yes.
I feel like Garbodor is like the red-headed step child of the massive Pokemon family that everyone hates. He's not even that bad. Look at the Ferroseed evolution chain, Cryogonal, Stunfisk, or Druddigon (if it had a different color scheme it'd be awesome). Those things are worse imo.

I feel like Garbodor is like the red-headed step child of the massive Pokemon family that everyone hates. He's not even that bad. Look at the Ferroseed evolution chain, Cryogonal, Stunfisk, or Druddigon (if it had a different color scheme it'd be awesome). Those things are worse imo.

I like Garbodor... sorta.

Also the Ferroseed line is actually popular...

Hey. Hey.

Hey.

You forgot Purugly. I know it's supposed to look bad but still.
Also, I thought Druddigon looked pretty cool but it was still kind of off.

Right here and right now let's form the "Garbodor Appreciation Club".
images

Hmph.

MikeMyers

Late to the party, but here's my favourite for each type:

Grass : Bulbasaur
Fire : Flareon
Water : Gyarados
Electric : Zapdos
Ground : Sandslash
Rock : Tyranitar
Fighting : Machamp
Psychic : Hypno
Normal : Clefable
Flying : Noctowl
Bug : Beedrill
Poison : Crobat
Ghost : Gengar
Dark : Cacturne (secondary typing >.>)
Steel : Lucario
Dragon : Rayquaza / Salamence (draw)
Ice : Articuno

You're just jealous that Garbodor smells like kitty litter mixed with coffee grounds and rotting meat.
I thought that was Purugly. Garbodor gives me the impression of smelling like Pokemon poop, I dunno why.
Also, does anyone have a Bagon? I thought of looking for him in the DW but I wanted to ask first.
I have nothing but a Verizon to trade tho.

MarkusRJR

So I tossed in Pokemon White for the first time in a long while (since my DSi got stolen and didn't want to play it on my 3DS), and holy shit this game looks really good even on the 3DS. I forgot how wonderful the presentation is. I've been playing Red on my old Game Boy Pocket so this is the most beautiful thing ever.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bug:
4aku3.gif

Dark:
uKV4h.gif

Dragon:
XRWPh.gif

Electric:
VvfWv.gif

Fighting:
rXeJu.gif

Fire:
pg6zo.gif

Flying:
6lc1w.gif

Ghost:
yxHHI.gif

Grass:
N1Huf.gif

Ground:
bLUT3.gif

Ice:
WM22Z.gif

Normal:
rousl.gif

Poison:
ImpFE.gif

Psychic:
gl9JN.gif

Rock:
e0TbW.gif

Steel:
wMZmG.gif

Water:
wyd3r.gif

None from Gen 3... lol. If I was forced to only choose single-types or primary types... might get a bit trickier. Kinda cheated with my Poison pick, heh.

Gen 1: 4
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 0
Gen 4: 3
Gen 5: 9

I hadn't touched Black in over a year, so I booted it up about a week ago and I was in that tower with the ghosts, I suppose EV training or something.

First thing I run into was a shiny candle dude. Jawesome.

MarkusRJR

So, while I was playing Pokemon White for the past bit (while skimming GAF during battles) I purchased Pokemon Snap. I loaded it up and got insta-nostalgia. My brother used to own it and would rarely let me play it. I used to watch him play it a lot though because I was so into Pokemon then. Now I can play it whenever I want. :')

So, while I was playing Pokemon White for the past bit (while skimming GAF during battles) I purchased Pokemon Snap. I loaded it up and got insta-nostalgia. My brother used to own it and would rarely let me play it. I used to watch him play it a lot though because I was so into Pokemon then. Now I can play it whenever I want. :')
This game.
God, this game.
I was so close to taking a photo of all the Pokemon, but I was missing two, and I never did find them
Those bastards.

MarkusRJR

Also, how is Pokemon Rumble and Rumble Blast? I tried the demo on the Wii Shop Channel and thought it was sorta fun. I'd imagine it'd be better on a portable due to it being a simple beat'em up. Has anyone here played it before?

Welp, tried to download that special Porygon while I was at my friend's place, but it turns out that my DS couldn't connect to HIS internet, either. It was at least able to detect it, though. :|

I need a DSi badly.

Also, how is Pokemon Rumble and Rumble Blast? I tried the demo on the Wii Shop Channel and thought it was sorta fun. I'd imagine it'd be better on a portable due to it being a simple beat'em up. Has anyone here played it before?
Played Rumble Blast from start to finish, it was actually pretty fun. I was also surprised with the story, it was rather mature for a Pokemon game, especially one where everyone is a toy.

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Pushmo
Mutant Mudds
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
Kingdom Hearts 3D

There's 8 awesome games off the top of my head.

- Never liked Kid Icarus
- I stopped caring about the series after MKWii
- Maybe
- Looks dumb
- Looks boring
- lolno
- Motion controls? Fuck that shit.
- Stopped caring about the series

- Never liked Kid Icarus
- I stopped caring about the series after MKWii
- Maybe
- Looks dumb
- Looks boring
- lolno
- Motion controls? Fuck that shit.
- Stopped caring about the series

Do not make fun of Pushmo until you have tried it. It's bloody brilliant.

And Rhythm Thief is awesome; motion controlls and all.

All of those are bad opinions. Just wrong. :/
But they're mine. dealwithit.gif
Do not make fun of Pushmo until you have tried it. It's bloody brilliant.

And Rhythm Thief is awesome; motion controlls and all.

I saw gameplay footage from Pushmo. It looks pretty dumb. I know there are lots of games that look dumb but play brilliantly, but I wasn't seeing the brilliance. I know this is where someone is going to try and post footage to prove me wrong, so I'm gonna nip this in the bud and say "don't bother" because I'm not even going to look at it.

My hatred for motion controls is equal-opportunity. Doesn't matter if it's XBox, Sorny, or Nintendo. The game would have to LITERALLY be the greatest game ever made in the history of humanity without a single flaw, graphic or otherwise, in order for me to touch it.

But they're mine. dealwithit.gif

I saw gameplay footage from Pushmo. It looks pretty dumb. I know there are lots of games that look dumb but play brilliantly, but I wasn't seeing the brilliance. I know this is where someone is going to try and post footage to prove me wrong, so I'm gonna nip this in the bud and say "don't bother" because I'm not even going to look at it.

My hatred for motion controls is equal-opportunity. Doesn't matter if it's XBox, Sorny, or Nintendo. The game would have to LITERALLY be the greatest game ever made in the history of humanity without a single flaw, graphic or otherwise, in order for me to touch it.
I'm sorry that you have to live such a life with out joy.

Top Bottom