• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
It's saurus cause I'm serious, you're P Powder delirious, with a vine like mine you wouldn't dare to cross this line. I'm here, like a leaves on a tree, don't shake or else you'll get poison ivy.

You have Bulb envy Snivy, just don't dare to glare my typing, the 4 times resistance will leave you griping with my Solar Beam sniping.

It's saurus cause I'm serious, you're P Powder delirious, with a vine like mine you wouldn't dare to cross this line. I'm here, like a leaves on a tree, don't shake or else you'll get poison ivy.

You have Bulb envy Snivy, just don't dare to glare my typing, the 4 times resistance will leave you griping with my Solar Beam sniping.
OH GOD THIS IS AMAZING. Kokonoe, you should make money out of this, call GameFreak and tell them to hire you for the music department.

OMG Aero

lol, you don't know me at all, do you?
Nope because you are just another person on the internet, same way you don't know me at all but that has nothing to do with the point I was making.
Metroid Prime like Kid Icarus Uprising was, at the time, a completely new game in a dormant series. It played completely different to how the other games in the series played, the story was completely different and the only similarity between it and the other games is that the main character and a few (not even the majority) of the enemies are based on the same sprites and that they share the basic concept, that you are a lone bounty hunter/angel and you have to kill aliens/monsters while exploring/using hearts to buy items to help to reach the end of the game.
It doesn't matter if you like the Prime series or not because that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was trying to say that saying you will never even think of trying Uprising because you didn't like the other Kid Icarus games is just like me saying I will never even try Metroid Prime because I don't like NES Metroid, which is crazy.

LeleSocho

Banned
Would you care to explain what is so humerous about my statement, Mr. Socho?

On topic, you hate Dunsparce, Kid Icarus and Pushmo, Professor Beef. What do you like?

Of these 8 "awesome" games 2 are actually good and one of these two have broken controls... and yet you left out the maybe single awesome game on the 3ds.
haters gonna hate
B43ft.gif

but enough of these stupid things... let's talk on how gen3 is the best gen that will ever exist.

Of these 8 "awesome" games 2 are actually good and one of these two have broken controls... and yet you left out the maybe single awesome game on the 3ds.
haters gonna hate

tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

The general concensus is that all of the games listed are at least good if not great if not fantastic. Thanks for the .gif though; I'll he sure to use it in the future.

haters gonna hate
B43ft.gif

but enough of these stupid things... let's talk on how gen3 is the best gen that will ever exist.
Well.... Gen. 3 does have Treecko.....
hm...... But Gen. 5 has Snivy.. .and Oshawott....
BUT GEN. 3 HAS MUDKIP.
Why is this so hard?

Ehhh Team Rocket still is the best evil team...so good they had to bring them back! It does have some of the best Pokemon and boy is that region oh so pretty. Rivals? Ehhhh I don't know really. I kind of wish they let Wally be your rival the entire time but it was a surprise when he showed up, for sure.

OMG Aero

best rival best evil team best champion best region

best game
Gen 3 has the worst evil teams because their plans are fucking stupid.
"Mwahaha we are going to create more land/sea for some badly explained reason and don't see how this will go wrong for us in the future at all!"

All the other evil teams have actual motivations and good plans. Team Rocket are just straight up criminals and commit various crimes to either get money or power for themselves, Cyrus plans to use Dialga/Palkia/Giratina to recreate the world in his own image and Team Plasma want to rid everyone else of their Pokemon so they alone are left in a dominant position in the world.

And you are just straight up crazy if you think gen 3 has the best rival.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cheren was basically Silver but less of a jerk and more focused on becoming just Champion instead "teh best trainer ever." They're cut from the same bland cloth.

Speaking only of BW1 here.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Except for the fact you can't do them whenever and have to rely on a call or playing at the right time and day. It is dumb

You can call them as many times as you want during the window though. As long as you have all their numbers, setting up a string of matches isn't that hard.

Yea, you also have to leave the route they're on before you can match them again but that isn't too hard to get around either. First generation had it the worst...I remember getting my team up to level 100 but I can't tell you how many times I rematched the Elite Four...it's probably a terrifying number.

Top Bottom