• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Lkr

started over in soulsilver. right now i have quilava and onyx. is onyx worth keeping in a party, or does it not pack enough punch stat-wise? also wondering if it is worth having an eeveelution or not

MikeMyers

started over in soulsilver. right now i have quilava and onyx. is onyx worth keeping in a party, or does it not pack enough punch stat-wise? also wondering if it is worth having an eeveelution or not

Graveler > Onix, hell I think even Geodude has more attaack than Onix.

While none of the Eeveevolutions are super great...I think Vaporeon and Espeon are pretty decent. If you're talking about just in game, than they should be more than enough.

MikeMyers

484480_347028068716629_260871824_n.jpg

Wichu

How many cases of unsignature-d moves we have at this point, anyway?

As far as I'm aware, the only Pokémon that have gotten signature moves of legendaries are other legendaries. Lugia got Deoxys' Psycho Boost, Rayquaza got Victini's V-Create, Darkrai got Dialga and Palkia's Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, Arceus got those plus Giratina's Shadow Force, and Victini got Reshiram and Zekrom's Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt, as did Kyurem.
Non-legendary signature moves get tossed all around the place, ever since Seaking's Waterfall was made into a HM.

Wiseblade

As far as I'm aware, the only Pokémon that have gotten signature moves of legendaries are other legendaries. Lugia got Deoxys' Psycho Boost, Rayquaza got Victini's V-Create, Darkrai got Dialga and Palkia's Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, Arceus got those plus Giratina's Shadow Force, and Victini got Reshiram and Zekrom's Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt, as did Kyurem.
Non-legendary signature moves get tossed all around the place, ever since Seaking's Waterfall was made into a HM.

Aren't most of those examples also event Pokémon? Or in other words: Under normal circumstances, Legendary signature moves tend to stay exclusive.

It just got Outrage, and Wild Charge and Close Combat a year and a half earlier. At this rate, it's looking bright!

Haha, yeah! Its movepool has been vastly improved in Gen V.

Earthquake aside, all it really needs to take things to the next level is DRAGON DANCE. It has been learning Dragon-type moves since the beginning (Dragon Rage in Gen I, Dragon Breath in Gen II, Dragon Pulse in Gen IV/V, Outrage in Gen V), so let's cut to the chase and give it the one that makes use of its Attack Power and fixes the issues with its Speed.

I guess we could fix Flareon too. You guys talk about that a lot. Hahaha.

Kokonoe

Banned
Actually, now that I think about it, before they release another Pokemon game they should actually focus on making previous lackluster Pokemon less lackluster.

And I want Dunsparce to cease to exist.

They're gonna nerf Empoleon next generation.

Anywho, I would like Farfetch'd to get some stronger moves and a higher attack, Delibird to get some more off the wall moves, FLAREON to get some love in some shape or form and Mr. Mime to get a terrifying new evolution.

MikeMyers

Haha, yeah! Its movepool has been vastly improved in Gen V.

Earthquake aside, all it really needs to take things to the next level is DRAGON DANCE. It has been learning Dragon-type moves since the beginning (Dragon Rage in Gen I, Dragon Breath in Gen II, Dragon Pulse in Gen IV/V, Outrage in Gen V), so let's cut to the chase and give it the one that makes use of its Attack Power and fixes the issues with its Speed.
Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Earthquake...is that what you would run? Seems like a lot of recoil lol.

Speaking of which...ExtremeSpeed used to be Arcanine's signature move. Then Dratini went and stole it.

I guess we could fix Flareon too. You guys talk about that a lot. Hahaha.

Actually its mostly just me harping on about it, but no one seems to notice.

Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Earthquake...is that what you would run? Seems like a lot of recoil lol.

I'm hoping next gen adds another physical Fire move (without recoil). It could be a shared Arcanine/Flareon signature move! :D Something in the 80+ power range with 100% accuracy. Fire Fang (65 power/95% accuracy) and Flame Wheel (60 power) both suck.

If Arcanine ever got Dragon Dance, it would be tricky to set up and still have enough HP for multiple Flare Blitz/Wild Charge. So maybe it isn't as good as I want it to be. :/

Speaking of which...ExtremeSpeed used to be Arcanine's signature move. Then Dratini went and stole it.

It's okay. Dragonite is another of my favorite Pokemon, so I forgive it.

Wiseblade

And Rayquaza, Togekiss, Lucario, Pikachu, Zigzagoon...

Which makes me wonder, why doesn't Staraptor have it? That and Fighting typing are just obvious omissions for that Pokémon.

MikeMyers

Outrage used to be Dratini's signature move, then everyone stole it.

I'm hoping next gen adds another physical Fire move (without recoil). It could be a shared Arcanine/Flareon signature move! :D Something in the 80+ power range with 100% accuracy. Fire Fang (65 power/95% accuracy) and Flame Wheel (60 power) both suck.

Yeah, Fire sucks on the Physical Side. Maybe Arcanine can get Swords Dance? If Rayquaza can pull off Swords Dance + ExtrmeSpeed, maybe Arcanine can as well? He also gets Crunch to take out Ghosts.

Edit: WAIT, Pikachu has ExtremeSpeed?

Lkr

i up'd my togepi's sp atk, but i notice it only goes up +1 for level. is togepi worth using in a party for ingame? sorry, i'm a noob at actually caring about party stats

i up'd my togepi's sp atk, but i notice it only goes up +1 for level. is togepi worth using in a party for ingame? sorry, i'm a noob at actually caring about party stats

Yea, it's a pretty versatile Pokemon and can learn a decent amount of TM's. I know its final evolution is nothing to sneeze at. If you're playing in game, a LOT of Pokemon will do the trick.

backlot

I assume you used a vitamin to raise its special attack? A single vitamin won't do a whole lot so I wouldn't worry about it. In general if you're just using a Pokemon in game you don't have to worry about its stats compared to other Pokemon of the same species.

Top Bottom