• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Lkr

Yea, it's a pretty versatile Pokemon and can learn a decent amount of TM's. I know its final evolution is nothing to sneeze at. If you're playing in game, a LOT of Pokemon will do the trick.

ok, how quickly does togepi evolve into togetic though? i have already raised it to level 10, but there is no way to check happiness afaik

You just have to use him a lot in battles, keep him in the front of your party and interact with him when you're walking around. Also take them to the Haircut brothers and get their haircut because that will also raise happiness. And once you evolve him, get a Shiny Stone and then the fun really begins.

Happiness
This link will explain it a bit better than I can.

Lkr

You just have to use him a lot in battles, keep him in the front of your party and interact with him when you're walking around. Also take them to the Haircut brothers and get their haircut because that will also raise happiness. And once you evolve him, get a Shiny Stone and then the fun really begins.

Happiness
This link will explain it a bit better than I can.

any idea what the phrases are to gauge happiness when walking around and talking to it? if i can get togepi and an umbreon in one night i will be a happy camper

Hmmm...I can't think of any specifics because it's been awhile since I played HG/SS but the more happier it sounds and usually they try to nuzzle you, be affectionate or find things on the ground and give them to you. If they're doing that, you're on the right path.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Without using a soothe bell and without haircuts or vitamins or other happiness inducers it usually takes a newly hatched pokemon about 30 levelups, give or take depending on how exactly you do it.

Without using a soothe bell and without haircuts or vitamins or other happiness inducers it usually takes a newly hatched pokemon about 30 levelups, give or take depending on how exactly you do it.

I think Togepi gains happiness faster than most other Pokémon, since mine evolved at Level 21 with no Vitamin or item assistance in SoulSilver.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Togepi gains happiness faster than most other Pokémon, since mine evolved at Level 21 with no Vitamin or item assistance in SoulSilver.

Hatched pokemon start at 120 and happiness evolution happens at 220. 20 levels would put you quite a bit below that mark unless you did something else.

Lkr

i got a haircut, about to go get the soothe bell

MikeMyers

tumblr_m8auqlaIOW1rc2oovo1_500.png

Found a picture of Professor Beef's bedroom

Wichu

Awesome. Giant Victini especially.

Though I'm happy with my big Pikachu, Chimchar with stuffing leaking out, and Turtwig born with a lopsided face (still cute). Also Arceus figurine and Ho-oh figurine with its tail broken off. I should get around to fixing that someday.

Seeing that giant Victini reminds me of this giant Pikachu I saw at the thrift store yesterday except it had the most...nightmare fuel eyes you had ever seen and had the body of a Munna after a giant feast. I wish I had gotten a picture.

So, I'm probably thinking way too far ahead, but when Chet posts his BW2 International Release thread in early October, will my JPN BW2 thread become the designated spoiler thread as to avoid any slip-ups?

Random question but are you using bootcamp?
Yup. Boot Camp'd Windows 7.

I raise you the GIF
tumblr_m8envseTu71qdippyo1_500.gif

Seeing that giant Victini reminds me of this giant Pikachu I saw at the thrift store yesterday except it had the most...nightmare fuel eyes you had ever seen and had the body of a Munna after a giant feast. I wish I had gotten a picture.
I think I might have seen something like that... A ridiculously fat Pikachu? Sounds a bit familiar...

In this video, we learn how Meganium is a check for Heatran, Scizor, AND Gyarados.

Too damn overpowered, she is.

I think I know a certain friend of mine that will be pleased. :p

Wichu

Possibly the same one I have. Also, chubby Pikachu is best Pikachu. Chubby Pikachu > chubby Raichu > slim Pikachu > slim Raichu.

Also, Exterminieren, success?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just got around to watching last week's anime episode. Is it me or does someone on the writing stuff just adore Leavanny? Burgh has one, that movie-making kid has one, and now Ash has one. It's just weird.
Other than that, boring ass episode.

Top Bottom