• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wichu

Izayoi said:
Defense.

Bitches don't know 'bout my Steel type.
We can be defensive friends.

Also, Normal and Electric for best types. I don't really use Electric-types much, but I love Electric-type Pokémon.

Gonna have to put Poison somewhere, too. Poison is underrated.
Normal > Electric > Poison > Bug > Water > Grass > Everything else > Dark
I dislike Dark types (though Dark-type moves are generally pretty rad).

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Flying > Water => Steel > Dark > Dragon > All other types
1zm1lqf.jpg

Bug > Electric > Fighting > Water > Fire > Ghost > Dark > Steel > Dragon > Grass > Psychic > Poison > Ground > Rock > Ice > Normal > Flying.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade overuses one of his two GIFs for the 57th bazillionth time: take 27

Cutesy comic time!

NFCMe.jpg

bAc9w.jpg

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Wiseblade's least favorite type is flying?

What a joker.
Flying has some great Pokémon, but they're vastly outnumbered by the duds. Conversely, the Bug type is overwhelmingly awesome.

EDIT: to be fair, most of the terrible Flying type Pokémon are normal too, s omake flying second worst.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bug is also seriously like the worst type. Like, even objectively. The fact that there are no awesomely-designed bug Pokemon except Scolipede and Genesect suits the type well.

Wiseblade said:
Conversely, the Bug type is overwhelmingly awesome.

I lol'd.

Andrex said:
Bug is also seriously like the worst type. Like, even objectively. The fact that there are no awesomely-designed bug Pokemon except Scolipede and Genesect suits the type well.
Agreed.
On the other hand, Fire >>>>>>> every other type

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bugs are awesome.

Dark > Steel > Fire > Bug > Electric > Dragon > Normal > Fighting > Water > Rock > Ghost > Grass > Ground > Psychic > Ice > Poison

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Syph Medwes said:
Agreed.
On the other hand, Fire >>>>>>> every other type

Fire is a solid choice. Although unfortunately Gen 5 didn't deliver much outside the awesome Chandelure family. Although Victini and Volcarona are OK.

That reminds me, replace Steel with Ghost on my list.

So for me it's: Flying > Water > Ghost > Basically everything else

EvilMario said:
Bugs are awesome.

Dark > Steel > Fire > Bug > Electric > Dragon > Normal > Fighting > Water > Rock > Ghost > Grass > Ground > Psychic > Ice > Poison

Did you deliberately forget the best type? I can understand, it should go without saying Flying is the best.

OMG Aero

Andrex said:
I used to think you were cool Andrex. Bug is an awesome type.

Galvantula and Volcarona are like the best new Pokemon. Also they have the most adorable pre-evolutions.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Fire is a solid choice. Although unfortunately Gen 5 didn't deliver much outside the awesome Chandelure family. Although Victini and Volcarona are OK.

That reminds me, replace Steel with Ghost on my list.

So for me it's: Flying > Water > Ghost > Basically everything else

Did you deliberately forget the best type? I can understand, it should go without saying Flying is the best.

I don't need to list the worst type!

Firestorm

Andrex said:

I lol'd.
Heracross and Butterfree are and look awesome. Also the type resists fighting and ground. Rock weakness is unfortunate.

And yeah Poison is ass.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OMG Aero said:
I used to think you were cool Andrex.

Galvantula and Volcarona are like the best new Pokemon.

I know I should like Galvantula's design, but I just can't bring myself to.

Leavany is cool though. And Volcarona is good.

EvilMario said:
I don't need to list the worst type!

But you put Bug fourth...

Andrex said:
Yeah I was seriously disappointed with Gen 5's fire types, or rather, lack thereof.

And Billychu, there just aren't enough electric types for me to like.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:

I lol'd.
You seriously want to play this game? Okay then, lets go.

Spr_5b_127.png
Spr_5b_617.png
Spr_5b_012_m.png
Spr_5b_015.png
Spr_5b_123_m.png
Spr_5b_168.png
Spr_5b_193.png
Spr_5b_212_m.png

Spr_5b_214_m.png
Spr_5b_291.png
Spr_5b_292.png
Spr_5b_416.png
Spr_5b_469.png
542.png
Spr_5b_545.png
Spr_5b_557.png

Spr_5b_589.png
Spr_5b_596.png
Spr_5b_637.png
Spr_5b_649B.png

Let's see you beat that.

Worst Types. Normal though that technically doesn't even need to be included, thats how bad it is. So the worst type ia poison, followed by uh, Flying (but then Togekiss is my bro).

Best Types are Fire, Electric, Fighting, Ghost and Bug.

Absolute best? uh Ghost! Idk.

Damn Accelgor looks so badass, totally forgot about him.

And lol my favourite electric Pokemon might actually be Pikachu hahaha

EDIT: Wait, perhaps Thundurus.

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
That's called being a fickle ! You're not a true fan.
No. A true fan can appreciate that all of the types have awesome Pokemon, and therefor all of the types are good, regardless of perceived "usefulness".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For the record I was making this before Wiseblade posted his.

4EVXo.png
Yy5uo.png
XaNud.png
2Wy3B.png
T7t0L.png
ZioD3.png
HuZdI.png
D9ayP.png
G9r01.png
ECSO1.png
UOwrN.png
1iOKL.png
Cw9hU.png
YYWDz.png
HFsNZ.png
7Mi1b.png
Crg2i.png
0IREr.png
YHMQO.png
32JOZ.png
XyjZf.png

A couple overlaps with bugs to be sure. Really I don't really hate any types (although fighting is low on my list.) I just really love flying. <3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DoomXploder7 said:
Worst Types. Normal though that technically doesn't even need to be included, thats how bad it is. So the worst type ia poison, followed by uh, Flying (but then Togekiss is my bro).

Togekiss is becoming my favorite Pokemon for some reason, and I don't know why. <3

Izayoi said:
No. A true fan can appreciate that all of the types have awesome Pokemon, and therefor all of the types are good, regardless of perceived "usefulness".

Whoa there, who was talking about usefulness?(ok maybe those other people were) I was talking about favorites and dislikes.yes all of the types have awesome pokemon but that doesn't change the fact that some have less awesome pokemon than other types.

Wiseblade

Izayoi said:
When did competitive merit come into this? Sure every type has awesome Pokémon, but some are more awesome than others.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DoomXploder7 said:
you know I'd probably like flying better if it was "Wind/Air' type and they used more inspiration than just birds.

Well, they did that in Gen 5 and it was called Tornadus. Yeah. FU Game Freak!
<3

Pure flying types can be whatever. Seems like ___/flying is what they make birds of that primary type. So now that the floodgates have been opened, we might see more non-bird pure flying types in the future. Hopefully, anyways.

They are like genies, granting me my wish wrong ;_;. Part of why I like Togekiss despite being 2 typings I hate is that it looks more like a plane/jet than just a bird.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wait four gens and 13 years for a pure flying type and that's what they give me. >_< Still hurts.

Wiseblade

DoomXploder7 said:
you know I'd probably like flying better if it was "Wind/Air' type and they used more inspiration than just birds.
Yeah, this is my biggest problem with the type too. It's just bird after bird after bird. It's Water type only made fourth on my list. Fish after fish after fish gets boring after a while.

EDIT: Seriously, having Braviary in that list just invalidates your argument.

Andrex said:
Charizard, Gyarados, and Drifblim are totally birds...

well yea i kinda like those, i wonder why.
Also Braviary not being Fight/Flying is the third ,fourth fifth greatest sin of gen V right after the two single type starters ,the genies and those single type ice abominations.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Charizard, Gyarados, and Drifblim are totally birds...
So that's 3 out of 84, or 3.6% of all flying types. So diverse...

And Staraptor totally should have been Fighting/Flying. They totally need to pull a Magneton and rectify that in Gen VI.

Top Bottom