• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Boogiepop

Guys, the EV formula works so the +4 from the EV specific items applies first, right? So a pokemon that gives 2 would give 12, not 8 with pokerus, correct?

Boogiepop

Well damn it. I need a water stone to finish my Cloyster, but I have every stone in my possession currently... except a water stone. :| I also don't have nearly enough dream world points to find one there yet. Bleh.

Kaper

Well damn it. I need a water stone to finish my Cloyster, but I have every stone in my possession currently... except a water stone. :| I also don't have nearly enough dream world points to find one there yet. Bleh.

Man, wish I could give you one since I have more than there are pokemon that need it to evolve :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Chat tonight

[23:50] <Billychu> blargh
[23:50] <Grav2> blaarg
[23:51] <Grav2> blarg
[23:51] <Billychu> blaargh
[23:51] <Grav2> blaargh
[23:51] <Billychu> blarg
[23:51] <Billychu> blaarg
[23:51] <Grav2> blargg
[23:51] <ChetRippo> gargantua blaarg

Feel like I have been missing out on Pokemon and its been bugging me. Bought Black when it came out and only put in 1/2 hour before trading it back. But seeing how damn popular the series is I really want to give it another chance to see what all the fuss is about. Gonna pick up one when I go get Mario Kart. So, should I go for Black or White?

I figure it takes a while before you really get hooked on the games, and I abandoned it a little too soon before I really got to see anything. Do they get challenging?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Feel like I have been missing out on Pokemon and its been bugging me. Bought Black when it came out and only put in 1/2 hour before trading it back. But seeing how damn popular the series is I really want to give it another chance to see what all the fuss is about. Gonna pick up one when I go get Mario Kart. So, should I go for Black or White?

I figure it takes a while before you really get hooked on the games, and I abandoned it a little too soon before I really got to see anything. Do they get challenging?

You can brute force your way through the single-player if you need to with items like Revive and Max Potion. Gyms will yield a decent challenge for newbies in the second half of the game, and the elite four should be taken pretty seriously (the five most powerful trainers in a row with no access to Pokemon Centers in between.)

I will also say I died on Team Plasma's leader in the final battle with him, so be prepared for that stuff too.

As for Black vs. White, it's down to preference. According to the official friend code spreadsheet...

e0QCE.png

This chart from the OT2 also goes over the differences:

U3ZUB.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The only loss is the lack of Lilligant, who you can access in an in-game trade anyway. Black is clearly the superior choice.

Only thing I would concede to Black is one you didn't list, Whimsicott. <3

Also Black has the only pure flying type ever. :/ And Reshiram is pretty cool.

I'd still give the edge to White though, because of Reuniclus, Braviary, White Forest, and Iris.

Thanks for the info Andrex! Looks like I am going for white.

Coolio! Hope you fall in love with it.

Izayoi

Banned
Thanks for the info Andrex! Looks like I am going for white.
You made a good decision.

Today is a good day for those with excellent taste.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw this image:

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6926

I know it's fake but I hope it becomes true! I would love a movie of the Legendary Trio, Keldoe and Kyurem. If this article is real, I'm going to be camping overnight this upcoming Tuesday! XD
Watch him be just as annoying as fucking Shaymin.

Then you'll feel terrible about getting excited.

Wiseblade

i dont know how to use gts

i dont know anything

its confusing

How to use GTS

1) Never search for anything, ever.

2) If you want something, deposit a starter Pokémon from that generation and request the pokemon you're looking for.

3) Check back the next day to recieve the requested Pokémon.

Mumei

I recently started reading the Pokemon Adventures manga thanks to this thread, so thanks for that. :D

Also, when I was younger I played R/B, G/S, Ru/Sa, and FR/LG; if I was interesting in getting one of the newer games, where should I start? I was thinking either Platinum, B/W, or SS/HG, but I wasn't sure.

Wiseblade

I recently started reading the Pokemon Adventures manga thanks to this thread, so thanks for that. :D

Also, when I was younger I played R/B, G/S, Ru/Sa, and FR/LG; if I was interesting in getting one of the newer games, where should I start? I was thinking either Platinum, B/W, or SS/HG, but I wasn't sure.

Get Black.

Keytar > Erhu

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

You would get a lot of nostalgia from HG/SS, but if you want to be "current" you could get B/W. Platinum's a good choice too.

Mumei

Heh. You know I was hoping that maybe I could get an idea whether or not Black or White would be better for me, but I'm seeing that it seems to be ultimately about personal preference. Personally, though, I really liked grinding and seeing my Pokemon get stronger and evolve, so I think I'd be leaning towards White.

Frost_Ace

Heh. You know I was hoping that maybe I could get an idea whether or not Black or White would be better for me, but I'm seeing that it seems to be ultimately about personal preference. Personally, though, I really liked grinding and seeing my Pokemon get stronger and evolve, so I think I'd be leaning towards White.

black city is better for grinding.

Top Bottom