• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Anth0ny

I've reached episode 23 in my journey to catch up in the Pokemon anime. It's the episode where Gastly, Haunter and Gengar aren't really evil, they're just trolls.

I love this show lol

I've reached episode 23 in my journey to catch up in the Pokemon anime. It's the episode where Gastly, Haunter and Gengar aren't really evil, they're just trolls.

I love this show lol

If anything i'm now thinking of Sabrina's dad and his "TELEPORTATION" powers from the episode beforehand, man those Sabrina episodes confused the hell out of me when i was a kid.
I like how Ash essentially dies in the ghost episode so that the ghosts have someone to join them on a merry go round, they truly are trolls.

I like how Ash essentially dies in the ghost episode so that the ghosts have someone to join them on a merry go round, they truly are trolls.

This is why ghost pokemon are the best. In game they are all cute/cool looking with sinister intentions. In the anime they are awesome trolls. truly both interpretations are so lovable.

Gravijah

we were discussing hgss last night, and here are some things that came up

lance being champion sucks. having two dragon type trainers as gym leader/champion sucks. THREE DRAGONITE? REALLY?

koga should have had a venusaur.

1 new dragon & 1 new ghost introduced in gen 2 really sucked.

we were discussing hgss last night, and here are some things that came up

lance being champion sucks. having two dragon type trainers as gym leader/champion sucks. THREE DRAGONITE? REALLY?

koga should have had a venusaur.

1 new dragon & 1 new ghost introduced in gen 2 really sucked.

seriously This is just highlighted by making those typings gym leaders and champions. Heck a champion that uses a single typing just plain sucks . -looks at Wallace and Lance-

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was surprised in HGSS, that they didn't allow Lance to reach outside of Gen 2's limited Dragon types in the Pokedex and pull a few from Gen 3/4.

At least one of his Dragonite's could have been Dragonair, just to.. change it up.. I guess?

I was surprised in HGSS, that they didn't allow Lance to reach outside of Gen 2's limited Dragon types in the Pokedex and pull a few from Gen 3/4.

At least one of his Dragonite's could have been Dragonair, just to.. change it up.. I guess?
In his second fight he has Garchomp, Salamence, and Altaria. At least that's something!

Yea both steven and alder use 3 of the same type. but that still Isnt as bad as using the same exact pokemon 3 times plus game freak taunting us with 2 pokemon they very well know should be part dragon.

Well, that's mostly become less of a problem over time, right? It's a good thing that now (with a National dex), one could make a strong monotype team of potentially any type, even Bug thanks to Gen V.

Gravijah

Well, that's mostly become less of a problem over time, right? It's a good thing that now (with a National dex), one could make a strong monotype team of potentially any type, even Bug thanks to Gen V.

well, personally, i'm hoping every new gen (not counting remakes or sequels, if we ever get those) are self contained, like unova.

Well if not in the main battles, then definitely in rematches (which I fully expect in 'certain' upcoming games)

As an aside, I guess we'll only see full Battle Frontier in 3rd versions from now :|

well, personally, i'm hoping every new gen (not counting remakes or sequels, if we ever get those) are self contained, like unova.
I'm not a big fan of them just making replacement Geodudes and Zubats every generation. They might as well just bring them back.

Gravijah

No!

Well, there's
Gigalith - Golem
Swoobat - Golbat
Conkeldurr - Machamp
Gothitelle - Gardevoir
Unfezant - Pidgeot*
Watchog - Raticate*

* Though to be fair, these always get replaced every generation.

i wouldn't consider gothitelle and gardevoir similar. conkeldurr was also awesome.

You see i dont recall seeing any of those stuff as much as i've seen zubat/tentacool/etc. They were at least these abundant/there was more variety per area.

Gravijah

to be fair, cute electric types are introduced in every gen.

pichu
plusle/minun
pachirisu
emolga

garbodor and muk are quite unique. seismitoad... ehhh, i dunno.

Boney

Banned
Gen 4 Lance could've had more dragon types, but by gen 2 they were still ultra super awesome rare and I like that. Them being weak to ice is stupid but they were still supposed to represent the unbeatable type, hence why they were so rare.

Ooh, no.

I enjoyed the fresh feel of B/W, but seeing new evos of past Pokemon and what they bring to the lines is one of my favourite parts of a new Pokemon generation. I loved the Diamond and Pearl reveals more than BW's, that's for sure.

Gravijah

Gen 4 Lance could've had more dragon types, but by gen 2 they were still ultra super awesome rare and I like that. Them being weak to ice is stupid but they were still supposed to represent the unbeatable type, hence why they were so rare.

so what about ghost

and why make a GYM LEADER AND CHAMPION BASED AROUND THEM

Ooh, no.

I enjoyed the fresh feel of B/W, but seeing new evos of past Pokemon and what they bring to the lines is one of my favourite parts of a new Pokemon generation. I loved the Diamond and Pearl reveals more than BW's, that's for sure.

a few old pokemon being around to get new evos would be fine, like some new eevee. i also didn't have many pokemon from dp or bw spoiled for me, i didn't see most of them until i encountered them in game.

Kaper

eOrni.png

Jaina Solo's torso? Good choice.

a few old pokemon being around to get new evos would be fine, like some new eevee. i also didn't have many pokemon from dp or bw spoiled for me, i didn't see most of them until i encountered them in game.

Yeah, but you're king of blackouts, whereas I am weak to spoilers.

Besides, I enjoy the hypestorm.

Gravijah

ghost as well

i mean they're ghost pokemon that shit's gotta be rare!

as i said in irc last night, i don't think game freak knew what to do with ghost types until gen 4/5. we got misdreavus in gen 2, and the banette/dusclops lines in gen 3, but starting with gen 4 we started to get very cool unique ghosts like froslass, giratina, golurk, drifblim, jellicent, etc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I had like a four-way connector that worked for both GB and GBC. Was sweet. I also had a second GB and both Gold and Silver. Oh man. Such good times.

I also had a GameShark but I could never get the damn thing to work, so I just stuck to in-game glitches like turning off while box transferring to clone.

Anth0ny

I had like a four-way connector that worked for both GB and GBC. Was sweet. I also had a second GB and both Gold and Silver. Oh man. Such good times.

I also had a GameShark but I could never get the damn thing to work, so I just stuck to in-game glitches like turning off while box transferring to clone.

01XXD8CF

XX=15 for Mew

Gameshark nostalgia <3

Top Bottom