• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What in the hell?

And is the House reference a legit Pokemon reference? I thought Arceus was just some random ancient god or something. That is amazing if he was talking about Pokemon Arceus.

No, it was definitely the Pokemon Arceus. No mistaking it.

What in the hell?

And is the House reference a legit Pokemon reference? I thought Arceus was just some random ancient god or something. That is amazing if he was talking about Pokemon Arceus.

I believe he even pronounced it correctly. His smug "look it up" afterwards was perfect.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I believe he even pronounced it correctly. His smug "look it up" afterwards was perfect.

Well, the movie said Ark-eus, but all official material before that was Ar-see-us. Personally I'm with House on this one. Arkeus just sounds dumb.

Gravijah

Well, the movie said Ark-eus, but all official material before that was Ar-see-us. Personally I'm with House on this one. Arkeus just sounds dumb.

"Its official pronunciation was then revealed in a Pokémon.com mailbag as "ARK-ee-us"

NOT A LAME ASS MOVIE

also, his name comes from archaic/etc. why would you pronounce it ar-SEE-us?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Its official pronunciation was then revealed in a Pokémon.com mailbag as "ARK-ee-us"

NOT A LAME ASS MOVIE

also, his name comes from archaic/etc. why would you pronounce it ar-SEE-us?

Basic English phonetics?

Anything on Pokemon.com is even more non-canon than anything in the anime.

If it was Archeus, I'd bite. But Arceus? Nah.

Emitan

While ar-SEE-us undoubtedly is the right pronunciation, my Britishness feels uneasy at the God Of All Pokemon being called arse-ius.

Teehee. You brits and your weird terms. Anyway going back to the Avatar thread to discus Benders.

EDIT:
oEhBf.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
so how do you pronounce arc mr

also, arceus isn't exactly english in origin.

Considering English is basically the bastard offspring of Latin and Greek with 12 other concubines thrown into the mix, I'd still say it's applicable.

Boogiepop

Arceus is supposed to be a more or less Enlish-ization of the Japanese version, which in no way implies an ARK sound. It's definitely Ar-see-us, and the anime is terrible for making people say otherwise.

Firestorm

Also going off the top of this page, did people forget it when he quoted Pokemon a couple months (maybe weeks) ago saying it was "a poet"?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
wFiuU.png

It's dub anime review time!

Pokemon Black & White
s14, ep44: "Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?"

MImhq.png

Wasn't it established Pokemon never cry except in the first movie to bring people back to life? Yeah, forget that. It never happened.

zdR0A.png

We have a new challenger for position of "worst voice actor" this week! Previously, Meowth was the uncontested champ of bad VA, but this character-of-the-week may have usurped the throne! For this week at least. Seriously, it's like someone was deliberately trying to parody a bad voice actor. Maybe they were, for all I know.

qaOtQ.png

Shut up Iris. Just... shut up.

KytQz.png

AU1iY.png

yXQT0.png

Seriously, this episode proves how much better Cilan is than Iris. Cilan knew Purrloin was bad, but Iris just went along with it like the dope she is.

Epgk9.png

I do find it weird how Meowth makes out Pokeballs to be some sort of prison. I'd almost say it was a clever reference to Plasma later on if I had any confidence in the writing.

fPxYQ.png

I can't be the only one who thought Excadrill's claws should have snapped the rope in twain. I mean, come on.

40zYO.png

obWHm.png

The "Gym Leader's Last Stand" music continues to be used incredibly effectively. Even though this part was super dumb (for a variety of reasons), the music still gets me pumped up.

Oh and something that really grated this week was the "Pokemon saying their names" thing. It's dumb in general, but Tranquil and Purrloin took it to a whole new level of annoying.

583j5.png

KOGhN.png

gGnTS.png

Furry love.

9E5IP.png

Lol. As previously established, Pokemon cannot be gay. Although it's peculiar Purrloin was able to fool Oshawott and Meowth into thinking it was a girl.

c0nA5.png

JqCBZ.png

Team Rocket stuff continues to ramp up. Getting hard to care at this point.

wcR1F.png

I had to laugh at this.

jfNxW.png

1/5

Wiseblade

Man, that episode sucked. Also, Oshawott's JP VS > US VA. In Japanese he sound like he actually trying to say things. In English, he just sound like a guy saying "Oshawott" over and over.

Well my thread on it is now on page 3 of gaming side so its completely died but anyway you guys might enjoy. Iwata Asks Super Pokemon Rumble. It has this:
ia_pokemonrumble_content_11.jpg

Plus Iwata Asks:pokedex 3D coming soon. Ah yeah.

I should just make an Iwata Asks |OT| or something as Iwata Asks threads tend to either die in <10 replies or get about 60 with nothing to do with it

Feels good to have a legitimate villain, for once.

He's the nearest thing that the mainline games have to being as evil as Cipher.

Damn, the Colosseum storylines were fucked up.

Also, how lenient are we being on unmarked spoilers here?

I'd say if there are any major spoilers to put a warning at the top of the post.

The games came out 8 months ago, and I doubt many in this thread aren't at least somewhat aware of the plot, but always nice to be cautious.

Top Bottom