• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think it was a combo of listening to too much FotF (Focus on the Family) and the episode where Ash and co. first met the ghosts, after getting thrashed by Sabrina. That was the end of that...=(

Shame because I liked it as a kid.

Your mom should loosen up a bit.

Firestorm

Lol i think this is the first time you posted in this thread since like...... the start.

Actually checking who posted this is your first post in the thread

Speaking of which current wall of shame/fame:
JAIpy.png

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BROWSER FONT SETTING

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm a Deino OMG!!

Or I was when that screen was taken. OMG Hydreigon line ownz, best dragons ever (outside Kyruem. <3)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chet as president of PokeGAF I demand you make me a MH3-ized version of Barry. Preferably Great Sword or Long Sword. And Raichu as Cha-Cha.

Please. :)

Wiseblade

Chet as president of PokeGAF I demand you make me a MH3-ized version of Barry. Preferably Great Sword or Long Sword. And Raichu as Cha-Cha.

Please. :)

What is this, a grab at power within my kingdom? I guess it's time for me to return to the throne and set things straight.

Empoleon is BACK.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hello, PokeGAF!

I missed the entire Pokemon phenomenon by a couple of years (I was too "old" for the series when it debuted. Thanks to a GBA find, I have just started playing FireRed.

I do not think I'll be sleeping tonight. Really an excellent little game so far! Question though. With just the one version, how many pokemon can I actually end up with?

Kaper

Hello, PokeGAF!

I missed the entire Pokemon phenomenon by a couple of years (I was too "old" for the series when it debuted. Thanks to a GBA find, I have just started playing FireRed.

I do not think I'll be sleeping tonight. Really an excellent little game so far! Question though. With just the one version, how many pokemon can I actually end up with? A

http://serebii.net/red_green/exclusives.shtml

+1 For picking up Fire Red, the better version.

And if you're lucky enough to have a DS Lite, you can import some of those Pokemon to a DS one (Like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Heart Gold/Soul Silver). Don't think it works on Black/White though.

And another vote for FireRed.

WanderingWind

Okay, so. I got a Pikachu a Pidgey, Ratttata and Charmander. Is there a set level that Pokemon level up to their next form?

And it's Gary.

Besides the drive to catch them all, is there a reason to do this? I don't want to make Pikachu into something else. It's pikachu, dammit.

Each pokemon have different base stats in each category (speed,atk,special atk,def,sp def,hp) changing them to different pokemon obviously changes their base stats and most evolutions have better stats than their previous form.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Okay, so. I got a Pikachu a Pidgey, Ratttata and Charmander. Is there a set level that Pokemon level up to their next form?

And it's Gary.

Pokemon level up at various points through level up, mostly dependent on 'how strong' a Pokemon is. ie; Metapod evolves into Butterfree at level 10, but Dragonair doesn't evolve into Dragonite until level 55.

There are some Pokemon (like Pikachu) that level up another way, through an item, through trading (sometimes while holding an item), leveling up at day/night could effect what it turns into, and happiness. The vast majority of Pokemon you'll meet though will just evolve through level up.

There is some reason not to evolve a Pokemon right away (you can press B to cancel an evolution, and it will try to evolve at next level up). One would be something like Scyther is quite different than Scizor, and you might not want to level it up. The second would be that some pre-evolutions learn moves their evolutions will never learn, or they learn it at a much earlier level.

WanderingWind

Thanks for the answers guys. Guess there was a bit more depth that I had thought. But seriously. Who would want a worm Pokemon? Gross.

Top Bottom