• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Conquest |OT| Gotta conquer 'em all

Tagg9

Wow, I'm really surprised IGN gave it a 9. Figured it wouldn't be "mainstream" enough for them to give it a high score.

Subscribed. I'm picking this game up on Monday and looking forward to smashing my friends' faces into the ground with some genuine Scrafty tactics.

mjc

Looks like Gamestop has five exclusive Pokemon..how does that work? It looks like Lapras, Pikachu, Scyther, Riolu, and Emolga are the ones..aren't they in the game anyways?

Busaiku

Looks like Gamestop has five exclusive Pokemon..how does that work? It looks like Lapras, Pikachu, Scyther, Riolu, and Emolga are the ones..aren't they in the game anyways?

Preorders get passwords, once they're up online, anyone can get them.

Kifimbo

Early and short impressions: the game is awesome so far. Note: I'm not a fan of regular Pokemon games, but I love SRPG.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Does anyone actually know if the game is region-locked on DSi/3DS, or are people just assuming it will be because it's DSi-enhanced? Pokemon Black/White are DSi-enhanced, too, but the NA/PAL versions aren't region-locked.

Izayoi

Banned
Does this work on the good ol usa ds lite?
Yup. As long as it's not a DSi, region is doesn't matter.

Does anyone actually know if the game is region-locked on DSi/3DS, or are people just assuming it will be because it's DSi-enhanced? Pokemon Black/White are DSi-enhanced, too, but the NA/PAL versions aren't region-locked.
That's actually a good question. If I still had my Japanese 3DS I'd test it.

Grokbu

Hrm. I've got a Phat, Lite, XL and an American 3DS, but I would prefer to play it on my XL. It's European though, but I was thinking; would it be possible to import this from NA and make a backup of the game and play it on my XL? Or is there no region lock bypass at all?

Would really like to play on my XL, but I'll use my Lite or 3DS if I have to.

EDIT: I was so sure that I remember seing that this would get a European release this summer. :(

Also, I might wait and see if the AU version will work.

Kazerei

Banned
Hrm. I've got a Phat, Lite, XL and an American 3DS, but I would prefer to play it on my XL. It's European though, but I was thinking; would it be possible to import this from NA and make a backup of the game and play it on my XL? Or is there no region lock bypass at all?

Would really like to play on my XL, but I'll use my Lite or 3DS if I have to.

EDIT: I was so sure that I remember seing that this would get a European release this summer. :(

Also, I might wait and see if the AU version will work.

There's a greater chance the AU version will work in you DSiXL. But apparently it's more expensive to import the AU version than the NA version. If you do decide to import, let us know what happens :)

Grokbu

There's a greater chance the AU version will work in you DSiXL. But apparently it's more expensive to import the AU version than the NA version. If you do decide to import, let us know what happens :)

Hm, yeah. Either it'll work with XL or it won't, so I might as well. I might not buy it at release though, so someone else will probably be reporting about the region thingy before me.

I hate Pokemon games, but I seem to enjoy a lot of the Pokemon spinoff games (Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Trozei). Will definitely check this one out. If it sucks, I'm sure the resale value will be high simply for the brand alone. I can't seem to find it in the OP, but what are the DSi enhancements? And is the online play limited like many other DS titles in that it will only connect to routers using outdated encryption methods?

How much does this resemble a proper Nobunaga game? I'll be getting it either way, but is it tied in just name and theme or does it have similar gameplay?

JimboJones

I hate Pokemon games, but I seem to enjoy a lot of the Pokemon spinoff games (Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Trozei). Will definitely check this one out. If it sucks, I'm sure the resale value will be high simply for the brand alone. I can't seem to find it in the OP, but what are the DSi enhancements? And is the online play limited like many other DS titles in that it will only connect to routers using outdated encryption methods?

Being DSi enchanced should allow it to connect to WPA encrypted routers as long as you use DSi or 3DS hardware.

M-PG71C

Damnit, I can't pull myself away from what will be an amazing game! I pre-ordered it today on Amazon and should be getting it by Tuesday.

This is going to suck some time away from me, isn't? >_>

Kazerei

Banned
Oh crap, I was planning to buy this game from Future Shop because they have a trade-in deal. But their website now lists the release date as June 19. Hnnnngh. I'm too impatient, I'll probably just buy it from Wal-Mart or GameStop tomorrow.

I was going to purchase this at Best Buy ($29.99) and take advantage of the 100% trade in deal, but apparently they aren't getting it this week?

I would get it at Gamestop tomorrow ($34.99..eww lol) but I'm also hearing they may not sell until Tuesday? Which isn't a big deal. It's just...I'm impatient, haha.

I called the mom and pop store I usually go to here in NYC and they already have copies for $35 so if I have no luck with BB/GS tomorrow, I'll may just head down to Chinatown.

Before today, even though I knew this game was coming out, I wasn't planning on getting it day 1 but for some reason the urge to get it crept up on me lol. Sounds like a solid game with a ton of things to do post game.

Dammit Nintendo just fold on hardware already so I can buy this on iPhone.

whatswrong8jjhz.gif

Blizzard

Banned
My delivery estimate from Amazon is Thursday. What's going on, Amazon? :(
Mine hasn't yet shipped, and is estimated to arrive next Monday through next Friday some time. I had to learn years ago that ordering a newly released game from Amazon takes FOREVER.

Top Bottom