• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Conquest |OT| Gotta conquer 'em all

XeroSauce

0UckL.jpg

Only 7 spaces for your name.

What is with Pokemon and tiny names nowadays, Pokemon Black had like 5 spaces or something ridiculous.

ALRIGHT.

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION OF THREAD

Boy or Girl?

Despite being a man myself, I've always played as a girl in Pokemon games when given the option. My reasoning is that the early games forced you to be a boy, and the male character usually has a silly looking hat, while the girl trainer has a better hat.

massoluk

Banned
Despite being a man myself, I've always played as a girl in Pokemon games when given the option. My reasoning is that the early games forced you to be a boy, and the male character usually has a silly looking hat, while the girl trainer has a better hat.

What is this? Your life changing decision is based on hats? Girls are icky and should be thrown into jail and not allowed in playground and they smell! BOY!

EDIT: Amazon order expected delivery June 21.... What gives. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Haha, I was thinking of exactly this earlier. What was up with the hats?!

C.T.

prepordered and already shipped. My gf loves pokemon and srpgs so big win to hear it's a good srpg too.

Picked up the game today. Preordered at Gamestop and apparently they had it on Sunday but didn't call me. =_=

Anyway, I've captured the first two kingdoms so far. Ignis and Greenleaf, I believe? I've got Eevee, Jigglypuff, Darumaka, Charmander and Sewaddle. I'm really liking this game so far, but it is on the easy side from what I can tell.

I'm a bit nervous about months passing by. Is there a time limit? I want to take my time and enjoy this game, but skipping by months is just a bit nerve wracking for me.

Tom_Cody

Picked up the game today. Preordered at Gamestop and apparently they had it on Sunday but didn't call me. =_=

Anyway, I've captured the first two kingdoms so far. Ignis and Greenleaf, I believe? I've got Eevee, Jigglypuff, Darumaka, Charmander and Sewaddle. I'm really liking this game so far, but it is on the easy side from what I can tell.

I'm a bit nervous about months passing by. Is there a time limit? I want to take my time and enjoy this game, but skipping by months is just a bit nerve wracking for me.
Can you explain what you mean by this? I am not familiar with the game system you are describing.

Blizzard

Banned
Only one save.

The custom art for this game is AMAZING.
According to one review, you only have one chance to get some pokemon (legendaries? not sure) so you need to make sure to save first, too.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter since I was reading the game had up to 60+ hours of playtime after the main mission stuff is over, but I'm not certain.

Well, let's say you enter a kingdom. You fight some wild Pokemon or recruit some Warriors. After that, it says you can't do anything else, and you go to the next month. At the side of the screen it says (Month name), (Year 1) or whatever. So I'm wondering how many months or years you have to beat the main game, or if it's just infinite. I'm not entirely sure what it's for. There are other things you can do like mining for gold or going to shops but I'm not sure if those take up time or if it's just clearing the map.

Kifimbo

Could be wrong, but I think it's just another way of saying Turn 1, Turn 2, Turn 3, etc.

Tom_Cody

Well, let's say you enter a kingdom. You fight some wild Pokemon or recruit some Warriors. After that, it says you can't do anything else, and you go to the next month. At the side of the screen it says (Month name), (Year 1) or whatever. So I'm wondering how many months or years you have to beat the main game, or if it's just infinite. I'm not entirely sure what it's for. There are other things you can do like mining for gold or going to shops but I'm not sure if those take up time or if it's just clearing the map.

Could be wrong, but I think it's just another way of saying Turn 1, Turn 2, Turn 3, etc.
Hmm. I guess we'll see.

This sort of thing can actually bother me a lot.

XeroSauce

Pretty sure it's just for events and other things, I doubt there is a cap.

XeroSauce

Okay this is weird.

There's a map that I played, where there is treasure on the other side of a river that I can't cross unless I had a water pokemon. So I missed the treasure.

I reloaded the save, and the treasure, AND enemy spawn, was changed. I could no get the treasure AND Wooper was easier to kill.

So...random map seeds? I'll have to try with the kingdom battles.

Blizzard

Banned
From the description, it reminds me of cycling weeks and seasons ala FFTA(2?).

Though it would suck if there are missable one-time-only events of that nature. Anyone have info on that?

With one save slot, is there any trading? It would be extra bad if you're trying to catch'em all and missed something, and could never get it without restarting your game. :p

And actually...does this mean this is the first ever Pokemon game where you can get all the Pokemon in the game without needing a second person?

What is this? Your life changing decision is based on hats? Girls are icky and should be thrown into jail and not allowed in playground and they smell! BOY!

EDIT: Amazon order expected delivery June 21.... What gives. :(

It's not a life-changing decision. It's just Pokemon.

XeroSauce

Hey, did you manage to recruit the Greenleaf Warlord by any chance?

Hey, did you manage to recruit the Greenleaf Warlord by any chance?

No. =( I wasn't sure if you could. Thinking about it, I should've sent my Fire types to face his Snivy but I ended up using my Eevee instead, damn it! But I heard there's an extra condition to get special Warlords, so I'm not sure what those are.

XeroSauce

No. =( I wasn't sure if you could. Thinking about it, I should've sent my Fire types to face his Snivy but I ended up using my Eevee instead, damn it! But I heard there's an extra condition to get special Warlords, so I'm not sure what those are.

I've beaten Fontaine and Greenleaf warlords with super effective moves, but I still couldn't recruit them. I think you're right with the special conditions thing.

Kazerei

Banned
From the Nintendo Power preview:

If you meet certain conditions while battling another Warrior, such as defeating their Pokemon in less than four turns or by using a supereffective move, that Warrior will want to join your side and will become available to recruit after you win the battle.

Edit: oh wait, these conditions are just for Warriors. There are special conditions for Warlords.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh wait, this comes out next week? I was excited to go look at Best Buy/Wally World after work today. :(

E: OP says today, but Best Buy says 6/25/12. ffff?

Kazerei

Banned
Oh wait, this comes out next week? I was excited to go look at Best Buy/Wally World after work today. :(

E: OP says today, but Best Buy says 6/25/12. ffff?

Seems to be a problem with Best Buy not getting the first shipment. I bought the game from GameStop today.

I was able to get a copy here in NYC. One of the mom and pop stores I go to for early releases had it. $35.

All the Gamestop stores I called said tomorrow they'll have it.

Flipped through the manual on the train ride home. Excited to play in a few.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This thing is like $37 on Amazon. I forgot that Nintendo games on Amazon are stupidly priced.

Wow, I was checking it out on Amazon a few hour ago and it was 29.97. Sure enough, check now and it's 37. Weird.

Blizzard

Banned
This thing is like $37 on Amazon. I forgot that Nintendo games on Amazon are stupidly priced.
Huh, I preordered it discounted for like $29.96, and I thought it listed the full price at $29.99 or something. It's not sold by Amazon directly though, so presumably that's why?

Forkball

Huh, I preordered it discounted for like $29.96, and I thought it listed the full price at $29.99 or something. It's not sold by Amazon directly though, so presumably that's why?

On the side it shows multiple sellers, one is Amazon for $30, didn't notice it at first. But the shipping time is pretty long. I guess I'll just pick it up at Best Buy and waste my Amazon gift card on books or something.

TehOh

My local Target had a bunch of copies, so I picked one up and cancelled my Amazon preorder. Screw waiting until Thursday.

Can't wait to dive it.

zashga

This game looks great, but I may have to wait a while to pick it up. Between the annual FF5 extravaganza and the Civ5 expansion that hits tomorrow, my live is just full of fives right now.
Also I already tried to buy it today and Fry's totally let me down.

Kazerei

Banned
Nintendo shipping is apparently failing alot of people.

From what I can tell, Walmart and GameStop stores in southeastern Ontario have the game. FutureShop and Best Buy are getting the game tomorrow.

noone around me has it so I'll just wait until the weekend. Got lots of work to do this week anyway and wouldn't have time to enjoy it properly.

Even though I haven't got my copy yet, I'll post some passwords I found here, maybe someone with the game gets a good use out of them:

Code:
Dratini     Sr5Z5GqAgR
Pansear     niE33w9rwM
Gyarados    mq2xRVNgRL
Oshawott    frCLRpXG88
Eevee       2rz3XFCKmR
Panpour     CNZF3wpq3x
Gible       LTb3n3RYJ8

EDIT: Oops, already on OP. Sorry.

Top Bottom