• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrkSage

Can someone give me a detailed walk trough on how to effectively power up and evolve Pokemon?

I had an eevee which I powered up all the way to 230 (almost full arc) and it went to 567 then I powered it up a bit more.

Did I do right?

What about pokemons that have more than 1 evolution

Pokievision doesn't work at all for me. Scans for like 2 nearby Pokémon every 30 secs, whereas the app I can run from my desktop and view from my phone while outside is up-to-date every second.

Found a Jynx just awhile ago using this.

mStudios

There's a taurus nearby me T_T

CVwiktH.png

Daimos

Neo Member
Pokievision doesn't work at all for me. Scans for like 2 nearby Pokémon every 30 secs, whereas the app I can run from my desktop and view from my phone while outside is up-to-date every second.

Found a Jynx just awhile ago using this.

How can you view it from your phone?

Memles

Can someone give me a detailed walk trough on how to effectively power up and evolve Pokemon?

I had an eevee which I powered up all the way to 230 (almost full arc) and it went to 567 then I powered it up a bit more.

Did I do right?

What about pokemons that have more than 1 evolution

There are worse strategies, particularly if you're swimming in Eevees (versus saving for more evolutions).

That said, the max CP is determined by your level in the game, so there's an argument that you shouldn't be evolving Pokemon too early unless you're interested in battling. You're better off saving your Stardust and waiting until you are at a higher level, at which point you'll probably start catching Eevees with much higher CPs, and the Eevee you spent all that time evolving is no longer really worth much of anything. My first Eevee-lution was a 600 CP Vaporeon, but now I have three above 1300, and so that one got transferred.

I have wondered about that, I use a second account for it just in case. However you still need to go and catch the Pokemon, so it's not any near as bad as GPS spoofing.

I don't think it's as bad either. Still though, I definitely have an advantage over other players. I have four different play styles.

1. Training/Battles
2. Set up a lure and catch everything
3. Mass evolutions to gain levels
4. Filling out the 'dex

If the nearby function was up I could do #4 no problem as I'm constantly moving during that. The Python script covers that, but it goes that one step further. I've still got to put in work to go catch them though. I figure we'll be seeing more apps and websites pop up shortly, Pokevision was up in no time. I assume the Pokemon scanners will get wide spread unless Niantic does something to combat it.

Damn I used it for a few minutes. I'm scared now.

I'm sure you'll be fine, it was just a few minutes.

Foxxsoxx

This game is getting depressing. I like it but the grind it has just drives me crazy. I keep finding the same pokes everywhere I go and the thought that grinding pidgeys is the best way to level blows my mind. Why do I get 100 XP if I catch a Charizard? Shouldn't you get more since it is more difficult? Why can't we give the prof more than 1 Poke at a time? My Pokemon are constantly full even after getting a bag. Why is the battle system so barebones? The tracker bug still isn't fixed, and I'm cranky because of all the potential this has but we're hearing nothing about fixes coming.

/rant

Still love it doe D:

mStudios

This game is getting depressing. I like it but the grind it has just drives me crazy. I keep finding the same pokes everywhere I go and the thought that grinding pidgeys is the best way to level. Why do I get 100 xp if I catch a Charizard? Shouldn't you get more since it is more difficult? Why can't we give the prof more than 1 Poke at a time? My Pokemon are constantly full even after getting a bag. The tracker bug still isn't fixed, and I'm cranky because of all the potential this has but we're hearing nothing about fixes coming.

/rant

Still love it doe D:

Mass evolve + lucky egg = ez lvls

This game is getting depressing. I like it but the grind it has just drives me crazy. I keep finding the same pokes everywhere I go and the thought that grinding pidgeys is the best way to level. Why do I get 100 xp if I catch a Charizard? Shouldn't you get more since it is more difficult? Why can't we give the prof more than 1 Poke at a time? My Pokemon are constantly full even after getting a bag. The tracker bug still isn't fixed, and I'm cranky because of all the potential this has but we're hearing nothing about fixes coming.

/rant

Still love it doe D:

The concept has so much untapped potential. It feels like an early access game at the moment.

Foxxsoxx

Mass evolve + lucky egg = ez lvls

I know, that is what irks me, you get more XP for evolving pidgeys than you do going out and trying to catch a rare Poke. It doesn't really reward you for going to find and catch rare repeats because a pidgey is just as much XP if you already have them.

So, after messing with it an hour to get it to work, finally got Python working!

Holy shit is it cool. My experiment was walking over two blocks to see if a Squirtle would be there, and he was...except the little bastard ran away even with two Raspberries and a Great Ball =/

Still, pretty happy I got it working. Shout out to all the peeps that made it and Oscar for pointing it out!

Eklipsis

Just started playing out of curiosity and then nostalgia set in and I'm hooked. Caught a Tauros and a Ghastly recently and tonight visited my first pokestop because I was out of poke balls and choose my team because there was a gym nearby. #TeamInstinct

guek

Banned
This game is getting depressing. I like it but the grind it has just drives me crazy. I keep finding the same pokes everywhere I go and the thought that grinding pidgeys is the best way to level blows my mind. Why do I get 100 XP if I catch a Charizard? Shouldn't you get more since it is more difficult? Why can't we give the prof more than 1 Poke at a time? My Pokemon are constantly full even after getting a bag. Why is the battle system so barebones? The tracker bug still isn't fixed, and I'm cranky because of all the potential this has but we're hearing nothing about fixes coming.

/rant

Still love it doe D:
I find the game much more enjoyable after you stop caring about levels past 15 or so.

v1lla21

Every motherfucking pokemon is the same goddamn shit. Don't matter what their cp is, they all break free. Got some dumbass 15cp doduo popping out the fucking pokeball. Take me about 5-8 balls to catch a motherfucker. This shit done piss me off. Caught a machoke on the 2ND try so that was okay but damn. Ain't no zubat worth more than one pokeball.

The concept has so much untapped potential. It feels like an early access game at the moment.
Almost everyone i meet or talk to, keep mentioning PVP. If they don't add that it's a super wasted potential.
And if compared to pokemon cards, well you could play with those cards too :p they were designed for pvp ! (and collecting)

Here's my top guys at the moment:
Shiiiet. What level ? lvl 16 here, and my top guy (on paper) is from a 10 km egg. Aerodactyl. In reality it's probably a 697 Pidgeot or a 504 Beedrill (because it's got a high damage attack)

Every motherfucking pokemon is the same goddamn shit. Don't matter what their cp is, they all break free. Got some dumbass 15cp doduo popping out the fucking pokeball. Take me about 5-8 balls to catch a motherfucker. This shit done piss me off. Caught a machoke on the 2ND try so that was okay but damn. Ain't no zubat worth more than one pokeball.
The more you level up, the higher cp should really be green when you try to catch.. Maybe it is, but it doesnt' seem to scale well with your level :p

v1lla21

The more you level up, the higher cp should really be green when you try to catch.. Maybe it is, but it doesnt' seem to scale well with your level :p
I'm level 10 so I don't see why it's so hard to capture low cp pokemon for me. My sister on the other hand is level 8 and she catches em without breaking a sweat. She even gets higher cp mons more frequently than i do.

adamy

Banned
I'm level 10 so I don't see why it's so hard to capture low cp pokemon for me. My sister on the other hand is level 8 and she catches em without breaking a sweat. She even gets higher cp mons more frequently than i do.

Gotta learn how to land that shot properly bro

Holy fuck, he was CP??? and I almost shit myself when I caught him and saw the level lol. Was 1598 and I leveled him up once.

Here's my top guys at the moment:

Lick is a better quick move than Zen Headbutt, but with CP like that it'll hold gyms down.

My goal is to hit 20 this week, then maybe start working on a gym team.

^Cool. Hope I have something comparable when I hit 20.

Honestly for me the 10 cp ones rarely escape. But anything above 100 they often pop out of the balls which can be super annoying if you are catching a pidgey. Wasting balls :p

Wollan

Wow at Pokévision. I wonder how long it will take for them to close their API for access outside of app, I doubt it will be very soon with the rollout and all.

Evolved a bunch of creatures with my morning coffee just now. Close to lvl 21.

At least you still actually have to be out and about and going to the areas to get them.

Way better than spoofing your GPS location.

Yep, it still got me to run over two blocks twice to test the thing out and see if the Pokemon were really there. (and they were :D)

Love your avatar!

Staf

Played it for the first time ever yesterday, first mobile game i have ever played. Went out to the park met a couple of cool guys and ended up in the pub with them drinking some beer. Is that normal for mobile games lol? If so sign me up!

v1lla21

^Cool. Hope I have something comparable when I hit 20.

Honestly for me the 10 cp ones rarely escape. But anything above 100 they often pop out of the balls which can be super annoying if you are catching a pidgey. Wasting balls :p
Yeah, i get balls quick but it's still frustrating that it happens.
Gotta learn how to land that shot properly bro
They are good throws. They just escape for some reason. It's all good though, just keeps me playing longer. Lol

quabba

got the python script working, would the dummy account being lvl 1 make a difference to the pokemon that it can find?

Also ponyta why are you so far out into the ocean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom