• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taco543

Thank you, it seems that it didn't find the right location, i tested the direction again and it seemed to work fine. Can i ask you to try again? i would really appreciated (14.079645, -87.186088).

Enjoy!

odlFT2b.png

Razmos

We desperately need an option to get rid of eggs. All the incubators I bought have had to be wasted on 2k eggs because those are all I'm getting and they are stopping me from getting new ones

taco543

We desperately need an option to get rid of eggs. All the incubators I bought have had to be wasted on 2k eggs because those are all I'm getting and they are stopping me from getting new ones

I'm still happy to get 2k eggs since they give pikachus, charmanders, squirtles, and bulbasaurs.

Eh, not really sure why people are saying map scripts and websites will ruin the game. If anything, it's fun to be on my computer, see something's nearby, and run out and try to beat the timer. Actually utilizing the nearby feature is a bit more fun since there's an actual hunt involved, but when it's entirely broken now, and partially broken before (expired and out-of-range Pokémon often not being purged from the list), well... Yeah.

got the python script working, would the dummy account being lvl 1 make a difference to the pokemon that it can find?

Also ponyta why are you so far out into the ocean...

Incense aside, everyone gets the same Pokémon in the same area, as it's purely decided by the server. All that varies is the CP of those Pokémon (which is decided by your level). So no, it makes no difference for the map.

Skeletron

Yeah sorry guys, servers going down meant no scans.

Feel free to quote this with legit coordinates (some of the ones PM'd/posted have been wonky) and I'll do em as soon as the servers get stable again.

Edit: On google maps, just right click the general location you're interested in and click on "what's here?" to get the coordinates.
I'd love to see what's around here if you get a chance!

33.760684, -118.135897

taco543

Thanks!!!! Damn so many ekans...

yeah but that kabuto down near the bottom says it still has until 00:18:03 before it disappears. (8more mins)

Well I'm going to goto bed, but this saturday I'm off so I'll probably lurk the thread and post more screenshots for people that need em

What is this python script? Can I use it on my iPhone?

no
but you can run it at home, make it listen on your home IP, open a hole in your router, and use it that way. Its kind of slow though. A rather desperate solution to a problem that will be solved by a future native App, or closed off by changes Niantic might make to disable unauthorised use of their API (the python script mimics the app to login etc but isn't the app and they could easily tell, if their servers were not burning to the ground).

spekkeh

Banned
Whew, in the five minutes of relaxed cycling to the train station as part of my daily commute, I passed by 16 pokestops and caught six pokemons.

Bye bye traffic safety.

Jintor

day 3. rumours of pokemon go spread once more. no-one believed it this time. we've heard them all before. hordes of students, freed from their terrible schools but with nothing to do roam the streets, throwing berries at passers by. i saw two kids trying to make rats electrocute one another and claiming the local shrine for team akai and team ao manually. we can't go on like this

nin1000

Banned
Yeah sorry guys, servers going down meant no scans.

Feel free to quote this with legit coordinates (some of the ones PM'd/posted have been wonky) and I'll do em as soon as the servers get stable again.

Edit: On google maps, just right click the general location you're interested in and click on "what's here?" to get the coordinates.

Hey Oscar, If you have time. Could you check out this location

Since it's not a location that is a bug city u have the feeling that I will be stuck with pigeons for the foreseeable future.

trugs26

Yeah I had a look at that Pokemon Map stuff. It's definitely ruining the magic for me. I'm going to avoid it. I can understand why people are referring to it during the 3-step bug, but I hope people stop using it afterward (I know people won't, now that it's available). The core gameplay mechanic is looking for Pokemon. The map totally takes that away since you're told exactly where it is and for how long for.

Waldini

Yeah I had a look at that Pokemon Map stuff. It's definitely ruining the magic for me. I'm going to avoid it. I can understand why people are referring to it during the 3-step bug, but I hope people stop using it afterward (I know people won't, now that it's available).

Part of the fun is actually going out and finding a Pokemon. The map takes away the fun and, IMO, is not an excuse for the step-meter not working.

trugs26

Part of the fun is actually going out and finding a Pokemon. The map takes away the fun and, IMO, is not an excuse for the step-meter not working.
Yeah I think I agree with you. I mean, the 3-step thing might be broken, but there is still the ordering of the list which you can use to navigate. It's harder sure, but still do-able and fun to find Pokemon.

Wait that will work? Do you just need a dummy Google account or does the account have to have logged on to the game once?

Not sure to be honest.

Yeah I think I agree with you. I mean, the 3-step thing might be broken, but there is still the ordering of the list which you can use to navigate. It's harder sure, but still do-able and fun to find Pokemon.

The list ordering isn't even working for me. It'll show Pokemon that have disappeared thirty minutes before.

MurgenGW

Neo Member
In Japan, this guy is streaming a side-by-side view of the app stores on his iOS/Android devices, in anticipation of release over there. He comes and refreshes it every few minutes, and the stream has over 16k views (half an hour in).

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv270311375

I think they're pretty excited over it.

Is she going to do this every minute of her life until the release ?
She kind of reminds me of this poor Desmond in Lost, who had to press the button every 90mn for years.

Wazzy

Banned
Snorlax and Nidoqueen are my big catches today! I also found a dragonite but since I already had one it wasn't as big of a deal.

Midas

This gym thing. Can I pick several pokemons to fight? I took over a gym with only one guarding it, but it felt like I could have lots of them to fight. How does it all work?

Pachimari

I haven't used the map thing. It's so much fun just discovering the Pokemon randomly or see it turn up on the radar and then see if it move up or down on the list.

Nearby list presumably intentionally off to decrease server load and it would not need an update to be fixed. Communication? Chat? Do you really think they will implemented a chat so that creeps lure children?
I read about the nearby thing on Reddit, interesting if true.

Also I meant communication from Niantic on issues/updates. They've been rather quiet about everything lately. Even something as little as saying what bugs are actually bugs or known issues would be nice. Heck, even clarification on the nearby list as you mentioned would be nice.

Something!

That said, I'm not really upset. Just a little disappointed. I'm still enjoying the game despite all the bugs and issues. I just believe this could've been handled better by either TPC or Niantic.

I haven't even gotten an email back from TPC about my broken Trainer Club account, which I sent over a week ago. I still can't play Pokemon TCGO or change my password.

EDIT: I hope my post doesn't seem entitled/demanding. I realize the dev team is probably extremely small, overworked, and dealing with too much on their plate (servers, bugs, new launches, etc). It's more wishful thinking on my part.

This map stuff is going to make this game more dangerous, imo. Since there is a time limit, people will be speeding in cars to get to specific locations.

Right now it's past midnight by me and there are three cars of teens endless circling where I live and they are all playing the game, including all the drivers. There are parallel parked cars on both sides of the streets and it's only a matter of time before one of these idiots hits one. Plus people walk their dogs and there are a lot of undergound garages that empty out into the area that they are circling like zombies.

Overall, I see people driving and playing this all the time. It's worse than texting in a way because they are constantly looking and interacting with the screen. It commands more of their attention. While I love this game myself, I'm getting really tired of all the people playing it while driving. Fuck off with that before you cause real damage.

chrono01

Is she going to do this every minute of her life until the release ?
She kind of reminds me of this poor Desmond in Lost, who had to press the button every 90mn for years.
Probably, haha.

33k views now, insane.

Edit: I can sense the desperation with every finger press. Frustration is building...

zoukka

Of course it's an excuse. If you offer people a service that doesn't work, those people will find that service elsewhere.

deoee

If you're not living in the city you'll love the map and still need to travel greater distances to get the Pkmn you desire so - no, it's not ruining the fun imo and is perfect for hunting and avoiding the broken track mechanic.

Bishop89

Yeah I had a look at that Pokemon Map stuff. It's definitely ruining the magic for me. I'm going to avoid it. I can understand why people are referring to it during the 3-step bug, but I hope people stop using it afterward (I know people won't, now that it's available). The core gameplay mechanic is looking for Pokemon. The map totally takes that away since you're told exactly where it is and for how long for.

its no different in the actual games where they show what route a pokemon is on.

If the they showed up random in the games i would have been like "fuck this" im never going to catch em all.

Dreavus

This map stuff is going to make this game more dangerous, imo. Since there is a time limit, people will be speeding in cars to get to specific locations.

Right now it's past midnight by me and there are three cars of teens endless circling where I live and they are all playing the game, including all the drivers. There are parallel parked cars on both sides of the streets and it's only a matter of time before one of these idiots hits one. Plus people walk their dogs and there are a lot of undergound garages that empty out into the area that they are circling like zombies.

Overall, I see people driving and playing this all the time. It's worse than texting in a way because they are constantly looking and interacting with the screen. It commands more of their attention. While I love this game myself, I'm getting really tired of all the people playing it while driving. Fuck off with that before you cause real damage.

Yeah that's inexcusable.

Those guys need to grab a buddy and give both phones to the passenger. I know a few friends who have done this and still had fun, while being a million times more safe.

mugwhump

I wish gyms would copy the games a bit and have positions for level-capped trainers working under the gym leader.

In Japan, this guy is streaming a side-by-side view of the app stores on his iOS/Android devices, in anticipation of release over there. He comes and refreshes it every few minutes, and the stream has over 16k views (half an hour in).

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv270311375

I think they're pretty excited over it.

hahahaha, oh wow. I know it'll wreck the servers but I want them to release it in Japan just for the tales of madness that will ensue.
Those have been the best thing about go tbh

acm2000

for those of us that have a type-c device like my Nexus 6P:

got a iVoler 10,000mah usb-c powerbank yesterday and daaaamn so awesome, outputs 3a over type c so keeps your phone at 100% at all times while playing Pokemon Go!

Permanently A

Dear Reddit Users.

First and foremost I would like to express my sincerest apologies to all of you for the lack of communication that we have provided. Unfortunately, we have been dedicating a great deal of time and effort into keeping the servers running. This resulted in us not being transparent about many issues with our extremely valued users.

Thank you to those who submitted bugs via our support form. Those bugs that our team was able to reproduce are currently being worked on.

I would like to address the issue that is coming up a lot at the moment regarding releasing to more countries before stabilising our servers. Truth be told, we have been working on both of these things. Our team is still small and Pokémon Go has grown much faster than we could have imagined.

We are still working on releasing Pokémon Go to more countries as we want everyone around the globe to be able to enjoy the thrill of catching Pokémon through AR. We have read the stories of Reddit users achieving what they never thought they could because of Pokémon Go and it makes us so happy that it's more than just a game to some.

We are, however, working day and night in an attempt to keep our servers alive. With every release, we are increasing our server capacity. So please don't think that we are ignoring these issues.

Finally, I would like to address the Google Maps API issue that is causing the tracking and maps to not work as intended. Two updates ago, in a desperate attempt to keep the servers running a compromise was made. We submitted a false API with the update to reduce server loads. This will be changed when we are confident our servers can withstand the enormous userbase.

Thank you and our sincerest apologies, Niantic Labs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tvxz7/long_overdue_apology/

(no proof this is actually Niantic and its a new account... but its stickied so what the hey)

Daffy Duck

So, the local Church have been designated as a gym and have contacted us (print/design company) to create a flyer for them, what's the deal with the Pokemon/Go logo usage on the flyer they want to print?

We're a bit unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom