• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dratini spawn by my house seems extra lively tonight

PP0yicj.png

Caught a Dragonair when I got back to my desk, too.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Just FYI for anybody using Oscar's Python screencaps: keep in mind that these spawn points are all time limited and generally become inactive in less than 10 minutes. If you're able to run the script yourself, each of the pokemon icons are clickable and tells you how long you have left before the spawn disappears. But at least you can get an idea of what's in your area.

Anyway, the python locations are legit and precise. I was able to catch my first pikachu by finding it on the map, driving there within the time limit and the pikachu popped right up

ViciousDS

Banned
Just FYI for anybody using Oscar's Python screencaps: keep in mind that these spawn points are all time limited and generally become inactive in less than 10 minutes. If you're able to run the script yourself, each of the pokemon icons are clickable and tells you how long you have left before the spawn disappears. But at least you can get an idea of what's in your area.

Anyway, the python locations are legit and precise. I was able to catch my first pikachu by finding it on the map, driving there within the time limit and the pikachu popped right up

Can't wait for someone to make a nice GUI for it one day

Is there an easy way to run the script?

Magikarp haven lol.

Also, dat dratini!

Thanks! Yeah...magikarps everywhere :(. This gyarados better be badas

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Found my first Rhyhorn using Python. The pokemon locations are so accurate that it's game breaking. I would stay away from it if you want to maintain some sense of discovery/wonder with this game lol
qzYWBqe.png

Hikami

Wishing I had focused on completing my pokedex first instead of powerleveling. Catching new stuff at high CP is such a pain.

where can i grab this script?

PM if you need to, but I'd also like to know. That PokeVision search radius is ridiculously small.

And for some reason my programming-ignorant self though Python stuff could only be run in Ubuntu or Linux... I have a lot to learn I guess?

Well, I'm going back to college for programming so I will learn it. Eventually.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

MANUELF

Banned
How long do the pokemon stay in their spots? 15 minutes?
Also if anyone could help me with python 22.83516609888838,-105.7770538330078

Sarye

Yeah the python script is insane. I told myself I would just look, but ended up going for a drive and getting a Kingler, Dratini, Tauros, and Tentacool. If I was a bit more programmer savvy, I could easily turn this into a web app but don't have the time and I have a feeling they will shut this down somehow. It's that gamebreaking

Chaos17

Is there anyone that took a day break from this game?

I realized that I don't need to play as much as I live near Downtown Disney.

Ofc, you don't need to no life it.
Play at your own pace and don't follow the hype, what count in mmo and fitenss is long term.
Me, if I can go walk just once a day for 1 hour, will be totaly enough for me. I don't need more. I just want to get healthy habit.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
What's the max distance you can set?

Don't think there's a hard limit, but the way the script works, it manually "walks in a spiral" from your set GPS location, pauses at each step to ping the server and see if any pokemon are nearby. There's about a 5 second delay between each step. If you set too big of a distance, by the time the script returns to your original desired location to continue searching, the earlier Pokemon information it collected may have already expired

Is there anyone that took a day break from this game?

I realized that I don't need to play as much as I live near Downtown Disney.

I was at downtown Disney last weekend and you couldn't even play, there were so many people and the network was overloaded. That place is becoming intolerable to visit anymore, it's literally shoulder to shoulder traffic all night. I couldn't even order a drink at a bar because there was nowhere to sit.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
how do lures work? I was at a pokestop and right by one and for a half hour for the person who dropped it i only got three pokemon and a did an incense as well wtf

plainr_

On it, last one i'm doing for now.

How long does it usually take to generate a map? I'm running the py script for the first time and it's taking quite a while. I am running this on a raspberry pi though.

EDIT: NVM. It supposed to be constantly running.

Teknoman

Found my first Rhyhorn using Python. The pokemon locations are so accurate that it's game breaking. I would stay away from it if you want to maintain some sense of discovery/wonder with this game lol
qzYWBqe.png

I'm staying away from that and those stats that were dug up. I'm thinking i'm going to have to be just as forcefully blind when Sun/Moon hits.

B-Dex

It's happened. PokeDates is real. Sets up a date for you and the other person at a convenient pokestop or gym.

Pokemon GO was a mistake.

This walks you through the basics: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongod...go_map_visualization_google_maps_view/d5feu2f

I still had to do some troubleshooting to get it to work and it probably took me about 30 minutes in total to get it working correctly (I consider myself tech-savvy but not programmer-savvy). That thread is pretty helpful for troubleshooting the common problems

It took me well over an hour to get it running. I'm now known locally as the Team Mystic Recon Guy.

I feel a little shady using it, but I will keep using it until the nearby function works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom