• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svafnir

Made a basic Pokemon database. You can find move sets and all that. You can also do things like order by combined stats or chance for a Pokemon to flee from battle and things like that. Also made a really basic tool to compare the stats of two Pokemon. I will get around to adding a tier list and more advanced formulas for figuring out attack damage once I am back Monday. For now there is just the basic attack list where you can see attack dps and what Pokemon can learn that attack.

The guides themselves are just a rough draft and I need to rewrite them still, so don't worry about those. Just looking for feedback on the Pokemon / Attack database and what people would want to see from the comparison tool, which is in a very early state right now.

Word. I thought it might be a neat little trick, but it's been 100% accurate on 5 for 5 rare spawns around the office today. Hit my personal high on a 1300CP Dragonite in an area that I never normally check.

I'm tryin' to stay pure fam, but the thought of some prime Gym killers has me excited.

It's not like it'd be hard for me to learn the script too...

I DON'T NEED IT.

Says the guy who full well took advantage of the SV / TV egg stuff in X&Y...

The Cowboy

Has anyone else tried the PokeVision website? I put a marker down on my location, but it seems off. It only shows some Pokemon, many of which are not appearing on my local on my phone. I also thought it would show me the Pokemon for the whole area that showed up on that map.
Worked 100% for me today, got a seaking, a meowth, a dratini and a starmie. I don't think it shows the random spawns, only those on a timer.

Everything was exactly where it said it would be.

Cant log in to my secondary account i made for python bc it says suspicious activity and i gave it a fake phone number.
It begins! Unleash the Nintendo/Niantic Ninjas!

giphy.gif

Messing around with PokéVision has confirmed a suspicion I already thought to be true: more, better, and cooler Pokémon spawn in urban areas. Small towns and rural areas get vermin.

I just checked ten locations, some in Maine and some in New Hampshire, and checked places I know have lots of PokéStops. Lots by the water, too.

Pidgeys, Weedles, Rattatas, Spearows, and Eevees. I know that these Pokémon spawn everywhere, but nothing ELSE is spawning alongside them. I just searched everywhere I could conceivably drive to and walk around to hunt Pokémon and there is no variety whatsoever.

Maaaaan, this sucks. At least I know people who tell me to "walk around, it's not hard" have no idea what they're talking about.

I guess I'll be sticking with eggs.

FinKL

Made a basic Pokemon database. You can find move sets and all that. You can also do things like order by combined stats or chance for a Pokemon to flee from battle and things like that. Also made a really basic tool to compare the stats of two Pokemon. I will get around to adding a tier list and more advanced formulas for figuring out attack damage once I am back Monday. For now there is just the basic attack list where you can see attack dps and what Pokemon can learn that attack.

The guides themselves are just a rough draft and I need to rewrite them still, so don't worry about those. Just looking for feedback on the Pokemon / Attack database and what people would want to see from the comparison tool, which is in a very early state right now.

Awesome work, was wondering if I'd ever find a DPS by move guide and I found it for regular attacks!

Attack - DPS
Lick Ghost 20.00
Scratch Normal 20.00
Water Gun Water 20.00
Mud Shot Ground 21.81
Psycho Cut Psychic 26.31

Everyone saying Vaporeon and it's Water Gun is OP, but Alakazam will be the real MVP (if I ever get one)

Messing around with PokéVision has confirmed a suspicion I already thought to be true: more, better, and cooler Pokémon spawn in urban areas. Small towns and rural areas get vermin.

I just checked ten locations, some in Maine and some in New Hampshire, and checked places I know have lots of PokéStops. Lots by the water, too.

Pidgeys, Weedles, Rattatas, Spearows, and Eevees. I know that these Pokémon spawn everywhere, but nothing ELSE is spawning alongside them. I just searched everywhere I could conceivably drive to and walk around to hunt Pokémon and there is no variety whatsoever.

Maaaaan, this sucks. At least I know people who tell me to "walk around, it's not hard" have no idea what they're talking about.

Yep, its just Pidgey, Weedle, and Rattata til you puke for miles around the suburbs where I live and work. I don't really find it worth traveling into the city just to hunt Pikachu.

Xanathus

The funny thing is that you level faster by catching the same crappy pokemon over and over again because you can keep evolving them, whereas people who find a variety get a short boost from discovering new ones the first time but then slow down. And in the end you can still easily beat gyms by having strong Vaporeons because the entire stat/battling system is a joke.

Pachimari

Thank you for this, big effort! I'll surely check it out. :)

Also, I can't get Python to work so I'll just forget about it.

Anarion07

You have to check throughout the day.
in my town (20.000 people) its mostly rattatas pidgeys etc.
BUT. Every hour theres like 2-3 rare spawns

Ultryx

Worked 100% for me today, got a seaking, a meowth, a dratini and a starmie. I don't think it shows the random spawns, only those on a timer.

Everything was exactly where it said it would be.

Does it only show up to 1/4 mile away from you or something? Didn't realize there were random spawns also that it doesn't show.

Awesome work, was wondering if I'd ever find a DPS by move guide and I found it for regular attacks!

Attack - DPS
Lick Ghost 20.00
Scratch Normal 20.00
Water Gun Water 20.00
Mud Shot Ground 21.81
Psycho Cut Psychic 26.31

Everyone saying Vaporeon and it's Water Gun is OP, but Alakazam will be the real MVP (if I ever get one)
Problem is, that's just the base move, that's not accounting for the base attack stat on the mons themselves :p

yllekz

Banned

Fellow NHer here. Can confirm nearly everything you've said. Nothing but trash tier pokemon around where I live.

Septimius

Personally, I think they should just get rid of it. Instead, plan some truce with Pokevision and/or create a full on map with locations of pokestops and gyms in addition to pokemon locations (make it a bit vague to keep the exploring factor). Similar to the ingress intel map that Niantic hosts

This would be perfect for people (like myself) who wants to plan an outing for pokemon hunting, and would like to see where there's healthy amounts of stops/gyms are, as well as pokemon.

I disagree. It's easy to understand where there are pokémons and where there are stops. I disagree also with how this game places more pokémons where more people are, because you get these gathering places where you can just farm pokémon like no tomorrow. I think it should be uniformly distributed to a certain degree.

Pokévision ruins it for me. If tracking was back, I'd be happy. There's no need to have a full map of where pokémons are, and you can't plan getting them, anyway, since they're on short timers.

I disagree. It's easy to understand where there are pokémons and where there are stops. I disagree also with how this game places more pokémons where more people are, because you get these gathering places where you can just farm pokémon like no tomorrow. I think it should be uniformly distributed to a certain degree.

Pokévision ruins it for me. If tracking was back, I'd be happy. There's no need to have a full map of where pokémons are, and you can't plan getting them, anyway, since they're on short timers.
Actually I caught my first and only eevee, as well as a scyther thanks to pokevision. Trick is to only search places less than 15 minitab away :p

I agree with your thoughts on distribution though

FinKL

Problem is, that's just the base move, that's not accounting for the base attack stat on the mons themselves :p

Dang I was under the impression that DPS was mainly determined by speed of the move (unlisted in App) X damage listed and that's why Water Gun was sooo good. Oh well, didn't think base stats were taken into account. Basically this is confirming Mewtwo is god tier then on attack.

Another interesting note on the website is the base catch rate for the rarest of pokemon is 10%, which I'm assuming is before Balls/Berries which is interesting.

Is the Python script superior to Pokévision in terms of spotting creatures?
In my experience, the radius of Pokevision is super small, I think it matches what the trainer's radius is.

Durden77

Ip07fhB.jpg

Paramedics put down a lure at a cemetery they were posted up at. I pulled up and we found nothing but Pidgeys and Caterpies, and it was amazing. (The one on my right is with Instinct, hence why she is far cooler)

Will be taking that into current and STAB once I figure out a good formula to rank all that.
Nice! :D

Dang I was under the impression that DPS was mainly determined by speed of the move (unlisted in App) X damage listed and that's why Water Gun was sooo good. Oh well, didn't think base stats were taken into account. Basically this is confirming Mewtwo is god tier then on attack.
Well, you're half right. The attack speed is indeed entirely based off the move, but the damage is based on a formula using the move's attack, modified by the attacking pokemon's attack stats vs the defending pokemon's defence stats with things like type modifiers added in for extra measure :3
But yeah, water gun is super good as a move, it's just that when you slap it on tanky high stat vaporeon then you get high damage and speed :p

jwhit28

According to PokeVision, there is a weedle like 5 blocks from me and nothing else. Fuck the suburbs.

I wonder how this works because I live in a very rural area and python script shows me currently a Bulbasaur, Arbok, Eevees and Pinsirs along with evolution grinding garbage. I have one pokestop and no gyms within my area of the map. A Rhydon popped up last night but I couldn't reach it without going into someone's cornfield.

It is the same everywhere. Other Pokémon than the ones you mentioned are rare. There is no place where you can find rare Pokémon constantly. But if you are lucky you can get one. I tried Pokevision only a few times, suspiciously the two rarer ones I found today did not show up on the Pokevision map.

jwhit28

Ugh, my 10km egg hatched into a Pinsir. I catch like nine Pinsirs a day just around my apartment complex. USELESS.

Yeah this hurts. I like Pinsir but even with the CP advantage he is usually garbage. When I found out about IV's I thought maybe he was just a weak one, but he seems to be above 88% perfect. I hope they rework some move animations.

javac

Went out today, my feet are hurting and my battery is dead but I did catch some Pokemon including a Tentacool, Meowth, Nidoran, Psyduck, Jynx, Golbat and a Poliwrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom