• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small tip for those hunting with the nearby system: when you restart the app it clears out all the invalid pokemon that tend to clutter it up, so if you're desperate to find something without using pokevision or the like you can do so by moving around and restarting to see where it appears and disappears from your nearby list on startup. It's pretty clunky but it's about the best you can do outside of aimless wandering or resorting to pokevision :p

Hustler

Is pokevision that accurate for everyone? When I load up the website and search my area, I may see 1 pokemon if that. I'm talking Downtown Cincinnati too.

As long as we're sharing hilariously weak Pokémon.

Oh! We're doing weak rare captures?

I found this guy just this morning:

1ZeUACC.jpg

Has it been confirmed that Pokemon spawns are based on level?

For example, as a lvl 1 trainer you will never see rare pokemon vs a lvl 20?
Can confirm spawns are NOT based on levels. My brother was a level 2 and I was a 15 and we found the exact same Pokemon.

Qwark

Sooo... Are they planning on fixing the step counter?

The rumor is that they disabled that intentionally to help the servers out. If true, they'll probably reenable it once the servers are stable.

Is pokevision that accurate for everyone? When I load up the website and search my area, I may see 1 pokemon if that. I'm talking Downtown Cincinnati too.

It's acting weird for me too. I see very few Pokemon on the map. It seems like they might be filtering out the very common ones or something, otherwise it's busted.

How? If anything, you'd be accidentally evolving them.

If you hit Transfer, and it doesn't instantly give you the message, you can scroll to the next pokemon. Because of the code, the transfer seems to think you mean the pokemon you are looking at right now, and not the pokemon you hit the button on.

so if you want to transfer an Eevee, and then scroll over to your Jolteon to try to power him up, there is a good chance you just transfered your Jolteon on accident.

Basically, if you hit transfer, never close or change the screen until you get the candy for your transfer.

Meier

I had heard you could get an Eevee from a 10k egg.. and can confirm that is indeed true as my first and only 10k just turned out to be an Eevee. Hugely disappointing. :(

Tracking? I sure hope so.

Personally, I think they should just get rid of it. Instead, plan some truce with Pokevision and/or create a full on map with locations of pokestops and gyms in addition to pokemon locations (make it a bit vague to keep the exploring factor). Similar to the ingress intel map that Niantic hosts

This would be perfect for people (like myself) who wants to plan an outing for pokemon hunting, and would like to see where there's healthy amounts of stops/gyms are, as well as pokemon.

Astral

I really hate how you can't really raise your Pokemon. You can raise your favorite Pokemon's CP all you want but unless you capture it with an already high CP, it won't amount to shit. You'll just be wasting all of your stardust. You pretty much have to hope you find another one later on with a higher CP.

idonteven

i wonder how they are gonna do legendarys...can't make it too easy because it would OP but you cant make them roam the wild because people would find them with the cheats

and events is unfair if its super far away from where you live

zoukka

I really hate how you can't really raise your Pokemon. You can raise your favorite Pokemon's CP all you want but unless you capture it with an already high CP, it won't amount to shit. You'll just be wasting all of your stardust. You pretty much have to hope you find another one later on with a higher CP.

Same with the console games (IV and natures)

Chiramii

Almost that time for the servers to crash.
Some friends and I were planning to GO outside tonight and pop some lures and have a great time together since we're experiencing the warmest day so far in Norway (90°F), and I'm just sitting at my computer desk watching the server status waiting for them to go down once again. Any minute now...

PSFan

I thought that exclusivity thing was debunked. It's really stupid of them to do region exclusives like that. That's just another turnoff of this game for me.

Actually, depends on their IVs. If it has IVs at 80% or above you're not super likely to find ones that you be better when upgraded to the same level... if it's 90% to 95% perfect then your chances of finding better are incredibly tiny :3
Of course, this is all assuming it has a decent moveset to begin with :p

idonteven

Actually, depends on their IVs. If it has IVs at 80% or above you're not super likely to find ones that you be better when upgraded to the same level... if it's 90% to 95% perfect then your chances of finding better are incredibly tiny :3
Of course, this is all assuming it has a decent moveset to begin with :p

i see people talking about attack and stamina but i cant find the stats of mine

FinKL

I thought that exclusivity thing was debunked. It's really stupid of them to do region exclusives like that. That's just another turnoff of this game for me.

To be fair, they hatch from eggs too, you just can't find the region exclusive in the wild

Random Pokemon Go fact: Hatched Pokemons have higher IVs than nonhatched, +3 on average.
Yup.
The only downside is that eggs won't come higher than level 20 so you'll have a lot more upgrading to do on hatched ones than wild ones (though wild pokemon don't come higher than level 30, so if you want a level 40 pokemon you're going to need that stardust no matter what :3 )

Used a lure on a Pokestop where I found Psyduck, Staryu and Magickarp nearby... still only found Pidgeys and Rattata.

At least I finally found a Pikachu, though. In a Burger King.

i see people talking about attack and stamina but i cant find the stats of mine

They're hidden. You need to reverse engineer their CP value using the HP and stardust to work out the rest. There's a spreadsheet that does it for you here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ed_iv_calculator_automatically_calculate_ivs/
Make sure you read the first post before you do anything though as you can't edit/use the original version and have to make a copy :3

CP is just an amalgamation of all their stats so you have a rough idea of how powerful they currently are, but it's slightly annoying because it doesn't give you a breakdown relative to their level so it's not immediately obvious how good the IVs are. You can see how they're calculated here: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-stats-advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom