• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

So a Vaporeon just spawned right near my house, so me and step son jump up and go searching. walked within a miles radius and didn't find it and then it fell off our nearby list :( assum it de-spawned.

How the hell do you track stuff in this game? I thought that if the bar pulsed green when you were walking in a certain direction, that meant it was that that way? Not the case

idonteven

They're hidden. You need to reverse engineer their CP value using the HP and stardust to work out the rest. There's a spreadsheet that does it for you here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ed_iv_calculator_automatically_calculate_ivs/
Make sure you read the first post before you do anything though as you can't edit/use the original version and have to make a copy :3

giphy.gif

Astral

So my cute little 150 CP Vulpix that I hatched might have chance of becoming a powerful Ninetails? I just somehow have to get a fuckload more Vulpix candies and stardust which will take forever.

Chaos17

Sölf;210853464 said:
Pokémon Go Maker Is Facing a Privacy Lawsuit Threat in Germany

Oh, yeah, please. Exactly what I wanted. I can already see it. The servers are finally stable and the app will no longer be available in Germany. >_>

That's EU for ya but I'm surprised they never noticed it before with Ingress.

Edit: I see all servers all green for now, will that last ? Fialy for over 2 weeks we won't crash ?
http://ispokemongodownornot.com/
Though there is a latency of 215ms

So a Vaporeon just spawned right near my house, so me and step son jump up and go searching. walked within a miles radius and didn't find it and then it fell off our nearby list :( assum it de-spawned.

How the hell do you track stuff in this game? I thought that if the bar pulsed green when you were walking in a certain direction, that meant it was that that way? Not the case

Nope. The way you're supposed to find them is using the nearby system but right now it's completely borked. If you don't want to use something like pokevision then the only way to do it right now is to walk in a direction for a bit, restart the app to see if it's still on the list and if it's not remember that as point 'A' and go back, repeating this in the new direction until it vanishes again (call that point 'B'). After that go to the midpoint between points A and B then go either left or right from there to find it :p
Did I mention nearby system is broken? XD

Can any of you folks that got the Python script running peek and see if this is a deadzone? I'm curious about the whole rural vs city thing.

33.6787372,-82.3210111

FinKL

Has it been confirmed that Pokemon spawn near where people are playing the game?

I think the prevailing theory is that pokemon spawn points are based on Ingress which is based on cell phone usage in that area (more specifically where Google Maps is accessed) that's why around your house/neighborhood you won't see much, but gas stations, intersections, and huge public places (wal-mart) you'll see a ton.

Has it been confirmed that Pokemon spawn near where people are playing the game?
As far as I've been able to decipher, pokemon spawns are based on XM pools in ingress which are theorised to be based on foot traffic in the area. So basically the more people who walk through a place with a phone with GPS on or something to that effect the higher the value, though it's not known for absolute sure what XM pools are really based on, this is just the most popular idea.

If you wanted to 'cheat' you could run ingress to see where the XM pools are and then open pokemon go and find pokemon at those locations :p

edit: heh, finKL beat me to it :D

I think the prevailing theory is that pokemon spawn points are based on Ingress which is based on cell phone usage in that area (more specifically where Google Maps is accessed) that's why around your house/neighborhood you won't see much, but gas stations, intersections, and huge public places (wal-mart) you'll see a ton.

I have an AT&T store right outside my neighborhood and every time I pass it there are usually 3 pokemon in their parking lot, and another 2 in the immediate vicinity.

I'm assuming it tries to spawn more stuff near where it thinks people are.

goldensun

Huge shoutout to whoever linked that Python post on reddit earlier. That shit is OP and I feel guilty and excited at the same time.

You da real MVP

psyfi

Banned
So my cute little 150 CP Vulpix that I hatched might have chance of becoming a powerful Ninetails? I just somehow have to get a fuckload more Vulpix candies and stardust which will take forever.
Yup.

This game is a lot of busy work. Not sure if I really enjoy it.

Kind of wish there was something constructive I could do with the 5 million zubats I've come across other than using them as less efficient power levelling fodder, like beating them to candy pulp with my pokemon to train them up or something :/

LucidFlux

I know it's ben mentioned before but try to keep a log of when and where you find the less common spawns.

I've been logging spawns near my home and office and I came across an awesome water type spawn near what the map thinks is a water "feature" in the back of my office's parking lot (it's a tiny creek).

From x:30 - x:45 every hour I get a spawn of 2-3 magikarp, and 1-3 slowpokes/psyducks. I've doubled my karp candy and easily had enough for both a psyduck/slowpoke evolve in just 2 days.

Gyarados here I come!

Nohar

French people were expecting the game to be officially released today. It still isn't the case. Some players are getting a little upset here, especially considering that France is the only european country where the game hasn't been released yet.

Anarion07

French people were expecting the game to be officially released today. It still isn't the case. Some players are getting a little upset here, especially considering that France is the only european country where the game hasn't been released yet.

Launch in more countries: "NIANTIC WTF the servers are down why u do dis"

Don't launch in more countries until everything is fine "NIANTIC WTF we want to play y u do dis"

Wollan

France is currently in a state of emergency. It's probably a lot of for and against releasing it right now.

Pachimari

I don't care how boring or grindy it'll eventually become, but I am sure to find all of the Pokémon and become a Pokémon master! Tomorrow's mission is to find that Pikachu I were supposed to already have, and catch all of the Pidgeys I can, because I am a Pokémon trainer!

esai

I read thats it working on Android N. I downgraded to play but would love to go back. Is anyone's playing it's one the developer preview?

Nohar

France is currently in a state of emergency. It's probably a lot of for and against releasing it right now.

Regarding state of emergency, France has been in this state for quite some time now (ever since November 13th 2015 - and our Parliament reconducted it for another 6 months recently).
I believe some newspapers (namely, The Figaro, through an "anonymous but reliable source") said that the game's release was postponed following what happened in Nice, but we didn't get any official statement from Niantic as far as I know.
It would be perfectly understandable for the game's release to be postponed for that reason. I am just pointing out that we don't know for sure that it is the reason. A lot of french medias were getting excited by Pokemon Go's release today (including internet, radio and television), so I am wondering if something else delayed the release (the servers) or if there wasn't some misinformation that pretty much every media relayed.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Pokemon Go in the south in the summer=only game that's had me dripping sweat. Just walked over 4km in 101 heat index sun.

Joqu

first day playing, I didn't come across anything special but I did catch a lot of pokemon, it was nice

but uh, I didn't realize how hard to come by stardust is and I've spent quite some. friend's telling me to restart, am I really that screwed?

first day playing, I didn't come across anything special but I did catch a lot of pokemon, it was nice

but uh, I didn't realize how hard to come by stardust is and I've spent quite some. friend's telling me to restart, am I really that screwed?

Stardust is easy, you get it with every pokemon you catch. That's why even catching a ton of Weedles and Pigeys is okay if you have plenty of Pokestops to replenish. Plus you get 500 per gym you take.

Although, I'd save it up going forward for when you get the really boss Pokemon.

Huh?

Stardust is just given to you when you catch a pokemon.

Qwark

Why would restarting help? Honestly, stardust isn't all that useful early on because you can catch better things as you level up anyway. My advice, save the stardust you get from catching things and from the gym bonus until you get some really strong ones and just pump it into those.

Huge shoutout to whoever linked that Python post on reddit earlier. That shit is OP and I feel guilty and excited at the same time.

You da real MVP

Word. I thought it might be a neat little trick, but it's been 100% accurate on 5 for 5 rare spawns around the office today. Hit my personal high on a 1300CP Dragonite in an area that I never normally check.

Pachimari

I got 6 new Pokémon today, so I am at 54 / 151.

I know there's a Charmander, Ponyta, Pikachu, Diglett and probably two to three more out there. But I haven't seen anyone else.

Joqu

Stardust is easy, you get it with every pokemon you catch. That's why even catching a ton of Weedles and Pigeys is okay if you have plenty of Pokestops to replenish. Plus you get 500 per gym you take.

I'd save it up going forward for when you get the really boss Pokemon.

Huh?

Stardust is just given to you when you catch a pokemon.

that doesn't sound THAT bad then. catching pokemon is easy enough, lots of spots nearby for balls

gyms are another story though. I don't think I can tackle any right now

but yeah, I'll just save it for good stuff now. I should be ok, right?

Why would restarting help? Honestly, stardust isn't all that useful early on because you can catch better things as you level up anyway. My advice, save the stardust you get from catching things and from the gym bonus until you get some really strong ones and just pump it into those.

because I'm close to zero from spending it on low cp mons. he says you start out with more than I'll be able to recoup any time soon. idk, maybe he's just full of shit

Pokemon Go in the south in the summer=only game that's had me dripping sweat. Just walked over 4km in 101 heat index sun.

Yeah I've had a few perfect opportunities to take a walk, but after the first attempt filled with phone overheats and tons of sunblock, I decided to wait for cooler days.

Ultryx

Has anyone else tried the PokeVision website? I put a marker down on my location, but it seems off. It only shows some Pokemon, many of which are not appearing on my local on my phone. I also thought it would show me the Pokemon for the whole area that showed up on that map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom