• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Man what a day in Chicago, hatched so many eggs as we explored, caught enough new and old Pokemon to rocket me from 18 to 20. Chicago literally has lures on almost every corner in some areas of the city. Evolved so many Pokemon.

Tons of signs put up by restaurants and bars.

New low level Pokemon caught: diglett and geodude

Evolved for the first time: goldeen, psyduck, Squirtle, venonat, metapod

Eggs first time: bulbasaur, clefairy, Lapras, eggxecute, cubone

Caught: poliwrath, Eggxecutor, Lapras

That's not including tons of the rares I ignored that I had (Pidgey, Fearow, gloom guy, hypnos). Really close to evolving Haunter, staryu, and paras now too.

btkadams

Did my first gym battles today and I got dominated. It was super choppy on my iPhone 6 Plus. Is that normal? I found it difficult to know when I should be tapping because the animations were so choppy. The idea is to tap again once the animation from your attack completes, and to hold-tap when you have that super-bar filled, right?

Visceir

I'm in Japan so I cannot play the game yet, but last week's monday the game was unlocked for one hour and I could manage to take 4 gyms. So since then I get 2000 stardust and 40 coins everyday, without anyone to defeat my pokemons since the game is not launched yet.

Now I have like 27 000 stardust and 450 coins without spending anything.
I can't really compare since the game is not launched yet but is that a lot ?

Also, how much do you guys usually receive from gyms (in a big city) ?

500 coins is like 5 bucks...or 5 days worth of holding 10 gyms. In bigger cities and more busy areas it's rather impossible to hold gyms, so people just get 1 - 2 and cash out. I'm in a smaller town and if I really want to I can grab 5 - 10 gyms late at night to redeem 100 gold/5000 dust.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I'm in Japan so I cannot play the game yet, but last week's monday the game was unlocked for one hour and I could manage to take 4 gyms. So since then I get 2000 stardust and 40 coins everyday, without anyone to defeat my pokemons since the game is not launched yet.

Now I have like 27 000 stardust and 450 coins without spending anything.
I can't really compare since the game is not launched yet but is that a lot ?

Also, how much do you guys usually receive from gyms (in a big city) ?

i'm at level 9 and have about 23,000 stardust, so that's a pretty good haul to start with. As for the coins, that's something less that 5 dollars/euros worth. You could get 3 extra egg incubators for that kind of cash.

MurgenGW

Neo Member
Nice !
So basically in big cities you take one gym, take your rewards and wait for 21 hours ?
So it's like 500 stardust and 20 coins every day unless you manage to take multiple gyms in a crazy short amount of time ?

Firemind

Nice !
So basically in big cities you take one gym, take your rewards and wait for 21 hours ?
So it's like 500 stardust and 20 coins every day unless you manage to take multiple gyms in a crazy short amount of time ?
you still need to tap a button to receive the rewards so i'm not sure how you know you have that many stardust and coins when you said the game's locked...

Got a 300+ Machop from my last egg of the day, very happy after 2 less than ideal hatches.

Also got a 10k egg, very excited to break that open and get something crap :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm. Servers still seem solid for the moment. (Sorry for jynxing us.)

I'm gonna plug Charity Miles just one more time. If I get even one more person reading to install and use it it's worth it.

Visceir

you still need to tap a button to receive the rewards so i'm not sure how you know you have that many stardust and coins when you said the game's locked...

Think they can get into the game, just that no gyms/stops/pokemon show up in the world in japan.

CoolOff

Apparently I've managed to transfer my Pinsir.
ib8nJGm.png

The maps are locked in Asia but it seems like the game client is not. It's just mostly useless. But if the shop still works, then I'd assume the coins would be rolling in from the gyms even if they weren't on the map anymore. Either that or the game would've returned the pokemon to your inventory.

Silvawuff

Caught a Meowth on my front lawn this afternoon and got the dreaded pokeball freeze. Left it on for a while and I found it actually did capture...

Outside of that the game has been almost unplayable today between game glitching out and server connectivity. Bleh.

This as interesting to anyone else as it is to me? :p
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tunmf/i_made_this_infographic_to_try_to_visually/

Some tidbits from the thread:
* person who made the pic didn't know the actual timeframe from flash to the start of the attack but it's apparently 0.2s for quick attacks.
* the attack 'Blizzard' is apparently too long to actually fully dodge :eek:

I'm still baffled that the sytem is real time, or at least so rapid considering how likely lag/latency is and how cruddy touch controls can be for this sort of thing :p

Toki767

Caught a Meowth on my front lawn this afternoon and got the dreaded pokeball freeze. Left it on for a while and I found it actually did capture...

Outside of that the game has been almost unplayable today between game glitching out and server connectivity. Bleh.

Weird...the servers have seemingly been up the entire day for me.

Cagey

Banned
Damn what level are you

Eggs have a higher CP cap too. What's its moves? You may have a killer there.

I must see this beautiful bastard, and show it to my near-hatched 10k - my first and only, at level 17 - in the hope that it decides to do the right thing. If I get a Jynx (they're everywhere here) or an Onix, I'll be livid.
I'm on mobile so here's the hyperlink. Level 21 when it hatched. I've got enough Pidgeys and chicken nuggets to get to 22 later with the egg.

gutshot

Has anyone else noticed it actually uses one less candy that it says it will when evolving? If I have 12 candies left and evolve a Pidgey, I'm left with 1 candy remaining afterwards. Is that bug or intended?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has anyone else noticed it actually uses one less candy that it says it will when evolving? If I have 12 candies left and evolve a Pidgey, I'm left with 1 candy remaining afterwards. Is that bug or intended?

You get one candy for an evolution

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You get one candy for evolving, haha.

GRW810

On my drive home I caught a Bulbasaur, Vulpix and Diglett. Passed my nearest Pokestop and it had a lure attached so I waited to see what happened. A 600CP Snorlax appeared, which I caught first time thanks to a jazz berry.

Also evolved my Pidgeotto into a powerful Pidgeot, my Kakuna into a Beedrill and two Eevees into a Jolteon and Flareon.

Pretty successful day. Although I still cannot find the Abra, Krabby and Seel that frequent my neighborhood. Everyone else I know had caught both.

Had an Electabuzz, Weepingbell and Haunter appear nearby but couldn't find them.

Finally got my 1st 10k egg!

Got one too. Was so excited for it to hatch and see what I would get.

Guess what happened. The game freezed, bugged out and I didn't get a Pokemon.

Do not. I repeat: do not use the battery saver mode a couple of meters before it's going to hatch. Battery saver mode sometimes makes the game not respond to your touches before you restart.

JJP12

I finally evolved my Magikarp into Gyarados and it knows Bite/Twister. Seems pretty underwhelming but it's my highest CP Pokemon by a mile. Should I power it up or should I work on evolving another Magikarp?

Wow, what an amazing night. Bunch of fun stories to tell but is pretty late here and going to sleep.
Suppose the game worked great for everybody worlwide today no? Zero problems on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom