• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
Just to spite you.

Got a guide to doing this? Tired of this busted tracker.

Actually.....you have to log out and re-login to refresh it.....guy has really been working hard on it though.

No guide!!!! Just create a seperate pokemon company login for account safety issues. Put in coordinates and hit login!!! It would automatically scan the area!

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

download the zip, extract to a folder because he didn't put the files in one first and run the pokemon go live map exe

this game is just such an fun experience.
Went with out some friends outside, turned on two lure moduls and sat there over two hours while drinking some cold beers.

Lunar FC

Actually.....you have to log out and re-login to refresh it.....guy has really been working hard on it though.

No guide!!!! Just create a seperate pokemon company login for account safety issues. Put in coordinates and hit login!!! It would automatically scan the area!

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

download the zip, extract to a folder because he didn't put the files in one first and run the pokemon go live map exe

How do I find my coordinates?

Edit: nvm

Even though Jolteon is one of my top 5 favorite mons, sadly Vaporeon is the overall better evolution in this game, so unless you're well stocked for high CP stuff Vaporeon is a pretty solid bet.

The answer will always be Vaporeon, no matter what the situation is.

Good looking out, y'all. Ended up getting this.

27844152814_a04375c6c6_z.jpg

Time to wreck my coworkers tomorrow! :D

ItIsOkBro

Oh man I just realized the same Pokemon can have different moves

Like I was so happy to catch a high CP Jynx but it knows Pound and my other one knows Ice Breath

Chaos17

You're implying there's a way to have an advantage over other players. There's absolutely no competitive aspect to this game as it is. When another player approaches you, they ask for your level, not how many Pokemon you've caught. And once again, level is determined heavily by the number of Pidgeys you've evolved while using Lucky Eggs.

Someone who lives within a mile of 50 Pokestops isn't "sacrificing their time to go to stops and sit there to collect items". That's what a rural player has to do if they want to have even remotely enough items to do anything in the game, and even then, that's implying they have even one Pokestop within walking distance of them.

Also, the rest of your post implies you haven't played this game even remotely long enough to comment on spoofing. If you spoof the way this poster implies he is, he's not having the game auto-walk him to a Pokestop. He's having it warp him there so he can get his items. This doesn't count toward egg hatching. And even then, eggs supply you with a massively lesser amount of Pokemon compared to literally every other method. There's also absolutely no shortage of potions. This poster is actually likely throwing away potions like the rest of us in order to make room for more Pokeballs.

If someone is using spoofing to acquire Pokeballs, what's the difference between that player and the one who is just buying Pokeballs from the store? You as another player cannot possibly tell the difference between the two of them.

I will ask you what is the counter part of a gps cheater has ?
Cash shop buyers has the negative part to pay.
F2P players has the negative part to stalk pokespots.

Both type of players have to give something in exchange to play fairly while gps cheaters don't. They can visit 10+ Pokespots in less than 5 mins, change locations and continue to feed themselves.
Also Gyms are really important if you want to stay F2P because they can give free coins. So people irl have to move their ass and stalk the gym a lot! Even P2W buyers have too! While gps cheaters don't have to make that effort.
Same for hunting Pokemons, it super easy to lvl up for cheaters since they don't make the ffort physicaly to hunt themselves outside.

You can see lot of cheaters on Twitch and it's disgusting, the sweat and time you're giving to this game, they don't yet they're proud. Gps spoofing literaly kill the purpose of this app which is a walking companion more than anything. Any gamers here, know it.

So really, if you want to play just for the collecting part and not be able for whatever eeason (lazy or being unfortunate living in rural), just play a normal pokemon game. It will 10 times more worth it thant this bare bone-clunky-bugged app.

Don't use gps spoofing just to be part of a hype and specialy when you will be probably sooner or later banned.
You don't beleive me ? Then search for "Ingress ban" on google even now players are still getting auto ban and lifting ban is pretty impossible.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Can you cheat the incubator egg by driving or do you actually have to walk....? Does it actually know the difference?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dratini, good enough?

Threw down my first lure (there's a PokéStop right outside my office) and aside from the Psyducks, Tentacools & Magikarps, managed to lure in a Dratini (which I have 4 other of) and my first Wartortle.

On the Magikarp front, I'm 27 magikarps away from getting that Gyarados, which will be doable this weekend so I'll make sure to pop a lucky egg before evolving.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Had a fun little adventure involving a certain set of critters this morning, first there was this horribly inopportune moment for 3G to disconnect on the drive into town

Then later on the game attempted to redeem itself with this beautiful spawn inside of town but the fecker got away after one measly throw:

and 10 short minutes later the game deciced it had teased me enough and gave me one of the family to keep for myself:

Playing since launch and this was my first time seeing any of these, all in the span of a few hours, crazy!

meanwhile, i took a walk that let me hatch my 5km egg and i saw a weedle and a caterpie.

Visceir

Been putting off evolving a 600 CP Eeevee, 700 CP Pidgeotte, 400 CP Spearow and 500 CP Venonat and 350 CP Krabby. I wanna do it all while having a double exp egg popped and a bunch of weedles to evolve along with all of those.

Close to evolving Tentacool, Shellder, Paras too.

Eggs have been rather kind to me, got another 10 km today to hatch. Been spending my coin on incubators whenever I hit 150 again.

Firemind

Threw down my first lure (there's a PokéStop right outside my office) and aside from the Psyducks, Tentacools & Magikarps, managed to lure in a Dratini (which I have 4 other of) and my first Wartortle.

On the Magikarp front, I'm 27 magikarps away from getting that Gyarados, which will be doable this weekend so I'll make sure to pop a lucky egg before evolving.
The problem with evolving magikarp is... how do you know what moves gyarados will have? what if it has dragon rage or something? 400 candies down the drain feels bad man

Elfstruck

Urgh, this 3 footstep bug is killing me. I was so happy to see a blastoise appears on the list, and after 30 min searching, nothing popped up.

ronco2000

Urgh, this 3 footstep bug is killing me. I was so happy to see a blastoise appears on the list, and after 30 min searching, nothing popped up.

Here's tip for the time being until they fix it.

Keep an eye on the nearby box to see how the order changes as you roam the streets. The list will automatically update as you walk around so that it always shows the nearest Pokémon first. If a Pokémon slides to the top-left corner as you're walking about, it means you're in the right direction for that Pokémon. Similarly, as you go farther away from a Pokémon, it will slide toward the bottom right and eventually disappear altogether if it's no longer in the vicinity.

Busaiku

Today was incredible.
Got/evolved almost 20 new Pokémon.
Caught a Dragonair, evolved to get Haunter, Kingler, others.

But most importantly, I finally found a Pikachu.
Only 10 CP, but that's ok.

Encountered an Abra and it ran, saw Machoke, Vulpix, Ivysaur, Slowbro, but didn't encounter them.
But at least I got Pikachu.

Up to 79 now.

Visceir

Here's tip for the time being until they fix it.

Keep an eye on the nearby box to see how the order changes as you roam the streets. The list will automatically update as you walk around so that it always shows the nearest Pokémon first. If a Pokémon slides to the top-left corner as you're walking about, it means you're in the right direction for that Pokémon. Similarly, as you go farther away from a Pokémon, it will slide toward the bottom right and eventually disappear altogether if it's no longer in the vicinity.

Even with it closest it has been rather impossible to find the pokemon without already knowing some spawn locations where rare pokemon spawn. I've also had pokemon shown up on tracker that never were around and likewise not have rare pokemon show up on tracker that were close-by.

tldr: the tracking in game is a mess right now and trying to engage it will probably lead to frustration.

So once you discover one they become more common it seems. Or am I making this up in my head?

As mr Dunbar points out, I'm afraid it's in your head. All non-incense pokemon are global and seen by everyone. How else would pokevision or the python searching program work if that weren't the case after all? :3

N30RYU

they should fix the 3 footprints bug asap... otherwise the game is gonna be broken with all the radar webs and apps...

I have used some radar webs to find a Pikachu... and breaks the game purpose of tracking them... but really isn't another way right now...

MurgenGW

Neo Member
I'm in Japan so I cannot play the game yet, but last week's monday the game was unlocked for one hour and I could manage to take 4 gyms. So since then I get 2000 stardust and 40 coins everyday, without anyone to defeat my pokemons since the game is not launched yet.

Now I have like 27 000 stardust and 450 coins without spending anything.
I can't really compare since the game is not launched yet but is that a lot ?

Also, how much do you guys usually receive from gyms (in a big city) ?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So I've been playing Pokemon GO when I can, about level 11 at this point. What puzzled me for a while is why this game appealed to me when I have tried and failed to get into the real Pokemon games in the past. I think I've figured out why this game is far more appealing to me thus far than the main line games.

The Pokemon games are all about the collecting and to me there's two parts of collecting. The finding of the thing, and the acquiring of the thing. The main games handle the 2nd part extremely well, but I find that when I'm collecting something I'm a fan of the finding of the thing more than the acquiring. In normal Pokemon games running around in a patch of grass isn't terribly engaging to me, esp. when I find the same Pokemon over and over. That latter part is still a part of GO, but what I love is that the mobile aspect makes the actual finding of the Pokemon much more engaging to me. It's like how when I first started collecting Amiibo, I didn't search online, I kept going from store to store looking for them. That was half the fun for me if not more than half; the going out from place to place to find a hidden gem I did not yet own. That in and of itself is the adventure of Pokemon GO for me and is the first game in the franchise that I've not grown board of after the first couple of hours.

Now that might change as I collect them and eventually run out of stuff to do, but for now I'm loving this game. :)

Quazar

As mr Dunbar points out, I'm afraid it's in your head. All non-incense pokemon are global and seen by everyone. How else would pokevision or the python searching program work if that weren't the case after all? :3

True. Although it's hard to test on modules and incense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom