• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one too. Was so excited for it to hatch and see what I would get.

Guess what happened. The game freezed, bugged out and I didn't get a Pokemon.

Do not. I repeat: do not use the battery saver mode a couple of meters before it's going to hatch. Battery saver mode sometimes makes the game not respond to your touches before you restart.

I know the game has lots of problems, but thankfully, I don't believe this is one of them. Eggs hatch "offscreen" all the time, the Pokémon is in your inventory.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, what an amazing night. Bunch of fun stories to tell but is pretty late here and going to sleep.
Suppose the game worked great for everybody worlwide today no? Zero problems on our end.

wT2DDgY.png

won't speak for anyone else but I would consider that (if by "past day" you simply mean 7/21 where I live) I would say it's accurate. I had to restart the game once today. From sometime last night very late (after midnight) to now

Don't get your hopes up that the worst is over yet though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So there is a local gym and poke stop in my suburban neck of the woods I can walk to. Just met a fellow Mystic player from the same area, and we chatted for like 20 mins while we used the poke stop. He was pretty cool.

gutshot

nothing says anything anywhere

Haha! So true.

So it could be a bug then? I was thinking that maybe the command to delete the Pokemon from your inventory after an evolution was inadvertently firing off the function that gives you a candy. Since transferring is essentially deleting a Pokemon, I can see how those two functions may become accidentally entwined.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah so far, I have experienced the animation for the egg hatching glitch more than once, but if I sort by recent it's always there.
Wow so far I hatched 4 eggs at 2KM distance. They turned into 2 Caterpies, Weedle and a Magikarp.

Fuck.
magikarp eggs are the dream for me right now.
Haha! So true.

So it could be a bug then? I was thinking that maybe the command to delete the Pokemon from your inventory after an evolution was inadvertently firing off the function that gives you a candy. Since transferring is essentially deleting a Pokemon, I can see how those two functions may become accidentally entwined.
No, I believe it's meant to be a reward along with the XP. I guess that's possible, but the way I thought of it was, the first time I evolved a Pokemon it wasn't that high level and I had no more candy, and I was still able to power it up once if I wanted to.

Wow so far I hatched 4 eggs at 2KM distance. They turned into 2 Caterpies, Weedle and a Magikarp.

Fuck.

kinda sad but id be happy with that lol. Rarely see either of those. All i see are red,orange,yellow and grey,pink and purple pokemon. Anytime something green or blue pops it immediately catches my eye.

Is there a list of the best attacks a Pokemon can have? Also, will a pre-evolution having a certain attack guarantee the evolution will have it as well?

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
My Japanese tlist is completely mad about PokemonGO. As expected, Niantic released it after ending Ingress' Aegis anomaly in Tokyo.

Growlie19

Glad I got that walk in before Japan got the game. I caught a 706 CP Parasect, who took out a Vaporeon in a Valor gym a few minutes later (with the help of my brother's Snorlax). Thank Helix for Solar Beam! A Tauros showed up on my radar, but it despawned before I could find it. One day....

Ayumi

There's an empty gym right outside my house, hopefully I can claim it when I go out in a bit.. Gotta level up fast.

Busaiku

Hopefully Niantic manages to stabilize servers by Saturday.
If Japan kills it tomorrow, I'll be bummed, but that's my off day, so it's not a big deal.

So what level can you expect to see evolutions of pokemon?
I am level 8 yes that might be low compared to others but man definitely worked hard catching the Weedles, and Pidgeys to get a Beedril and Pidgeot. 3+1 transfer =4 candies per catch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A Dragonair ate 6 Razzberries and 9 Great Balls before running away QQQQQQ.

Busaiku

So anyone else not using their Great Balls/Ultra Balls?
I might break them out for ultra rare 1 stagers, but I wanna stick to all Pokéballs as often as I can.

I might break them out for ultra rare 1 stagers, but I wanna stick to all Pokéballs as often as I can.

Only time I throw the Great Balls is when it's a pokemon i havn't caught yet, just to fill the pokedex. Well in that case I use great balls and razz berries.

If it's a pokemon I don't encounter often or a high CP one it's razz berries + pokeballs

After that it's just plain ol pokeballs till I run out.

Sakura

So what level can you expect to see evolutions of pokemon?
I am level 8 yes that might be low compared to others but man definitely worked hard catching the Weedles, and Pidgeys to get a Beedril and Pidgeot. 3+1 transfer =4 candies per catch.

I caught a Pidgeot at level 2.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Trying to decide if I should go out tonight. There's a bunch of stuff going on and I could great a good ride in but I have to work in the morning. And the servers are a question mark. lol. I could just do my local route or something but there be mons in the streeeeeets tonight

Havok1313

I use them on anything i dont see very often since things are breaking out and/or running pretty often now.

KingBroly

Banned
New Captures tonight:
- Bellsprout
- Pikachu
- Ghastly
- Scyther

I missed out on a Jigglypuff due to the stupid ball system. Once you touch a ball, it's effectively gone one way or another. There's no way to reset it and switch hands ;_; I also saw a place where TONS of Psyduck are.

On another note, the place where there are a lot of Pokespots (like 10 in a mile radius along with 4 Gyms) was completely covered with people playing tonight.

I'm also at Level 8 now, so I have some more Poke Balls and my first Lure Module!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a rivalty between the teams or can I just pick a random one?
it depends what you mean by rivalry, I mean Mystic is the correct answer and the other two are wrong answers, other than that you can just pick a random one

Crazyorloco

Ive had a whole lot less problems today...and i felt the the frequently of pokemon appearing increased. Nice day for me.

Edit...it's the calm before the storm...it's out in japan!

Bye servers.

BTA

Finally out in Japan. I'm at Osaka U and there's a PokeStop right in the building I'm in, which is nice (and a lot on campus too). Though the wi-fi drops us in the lake behind the building instead, for whatever reason.

I can see three unclaimed gyms off in the distance and they're taunting me. One of them's even on the path I take to get here so I'm going to be fighting for that one a lot, I expect.

johnsmith

remember me
Actually.....you have to log out and re-login to refresh it.....guy has really been working hard on it though.

No guide!!!! Just create a seperate pokemon company login for account safety issues. Put in coordinates and hit login!!! It would automatically scan the area!

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

download the zip, extract to a folder because he didn't put the files in one first and run the pokemon go live map exe

This is insane. Holy crap. You can even access it from your phone! Definitely going to use this this weekend to get a charizard.

Wow, picking my mom up I drove over to the library next door and took the gym. Got my points and drove over to the spots nearby and as I pulled up to wait for mom...someone had already gotten the gym. Thanks obama.

The one on the opposite end of our park has a 2000+ CP Snorlax and is currently Lv 8 thanks to Mystic squatters shoving their shitmons into it. And by shitmons I mean Gloom, all the Eeveelutions and my goddamn Aerodactyl I want.

13754278_1386256918067740_8158569969138304102_n.jpg

This is the pic I took last week and he's still there.

As i got out of the car at home here, a cubone appeared. It's the first time I've ever seen one and it's not on the nearby list either....so that was a nice little gift I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom