• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ran a third of a mile in the middle of the night in my PJs so I could catch this:

AWDmZxj.jpg

The weakest Snorlax in existence. I don't regret it one bit.

Dash27

So is there any legit way to find an area where a specific type of pokemon would be?

I really want to level the Charmander I got in an egg today. He's been very rare near me though, I've only seen one in the wild.

Hustler

For the love everything that is holy.... Pinsir is a slippery mofo. I've seen him twice, each time I toss some berries and then throw a perfect curveball with a great ball right on his noggin then POOF! He's gone in a flash.....

Dishwalla

Banned
I just ran a third of a mile in the middle of the night in my PJs so I could catch this:

AWDmZxj.jpg

I caught one at roughly that level, posted about it some pages back. I didn't have to go anywhere for it though, it appeared in my apartment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So is there any legit way to find an area where a specific type of pokemon would be?

I really want to level the Charmander I got in an egg today. He's been very rare near me though, I've only seen one in the wild.

there's just one source of Charmander around me that I know of and it's a specific park I heard about from my community group. Haven't ever seen one otherwise except an egg.

zroid

Banned

AWDmZxj.jpg

lol amazing

I feel bad now... I was about to post how I just caught a Snorlax from my living room a few minutes ago. :D

Caught my first pikachu after my perpetual search for one... Then promptly had 2 eggs hatch into Pikachu.

Out of roughly 18 eggs hatched today, that was one of the least disappointing outcomes. I only got two new pokemon out of all that effort: mankee and electabuzz.

lol amazing

I feel bad now... I was about to post how I just caught a Snorlax from my living room a few minutes ago. :D

Hahah. That's amazing. For me it's all about filling up the Pokedex tho. I haven't even joined a team and i'm already going to level 12. No need to hold back on my account.

So apparently there's an Alakazam around my area. Can anyone check on your fancy Python or whatever for me to make sure it's actually there? Lol

Coordinates are 40.681715680241965, -112.01364121775298

Thanks much!

the severs have been fantastic today!! hatched a porygon, Magmar, Ryhorn, hacted enough sandshrew to make a sandslash!!

caught a 598 Kabuto!!!

created another Vaporeon!!(nickname trick worked again!!)

Niantic.....you're forgiven(until the servers crash again)

I fucking stopped a crime while playing pokemon Go!!!

So I headed down to my local pokestop hotspot to catch some pokemon located in my downtown area and there was this huge concert going on. while I was chatting with other also playing some PoGo I noticed this guy drunk off his ass bumping into people and trying to pick a fights, many just avoided him and it seemed to anger him, he even pushed an old man who was walking his dog!!! after that an eastern indian man who was minding his own business walking through our pokestop hotspot was all of a sudden punched in the back of the head and then walks off, the indian man confronts him and just starts to get pummeled by him. Me and this other guy immediately jump in and break up the fight and corner him until the police arrived. he was arrested and was charged with assault and intoxicated in public

WHAT A FUCKING DAY!!!!

ViciousDS

Banned
Ah, bummer.

Thanks!

did that link work btw and load a map for you? It's actually a map that works as long as I don't close the program on my computer. It will load pokemon for the next 10 minutes or so. I find it much cooler than a paste map because it allows you access time left yourself and even maybe you spot something else on your way to the destination.

I heard this finally got released in Japan. Is Japan alright? Did society there collapse yet? Is it a zombie apocalypse? Real talk, how is it doing over there?

AdanVC

the severs have been fantastic today!! hatched a porygon, Magmar, Ryhorn, hacted enough sandshrew to make a sandslash!!

caught a 598 Kabuto!!!

created another Vaporeon!!(nickname trick worked again!!)

Niantic.....you're forgiven(until the servers crash again)

I fucking stopped a crime while playing pokemon Go!!!

So I headed down to my local pokestop hotspot to catch some pokemon located in my downtown area and there was this huge concert going on. while I was chatting with other also playing some PoGo I noticed this guy drunk off his ass bumping into people and trying to pick a fights, many just avoided him and it seemed to anger him, he even pushed an old man who was walking his dog!!! after that an eastern indian man who was minding his own business walking through our pokestop hotspot was all of a sudden punched in the back of the head and then walks off, the indian man confronts him and just starts to get pummeled by him. Me and this other guy immediately jump in and break up the fight and corner him until the police arrived. he was arrested and was charged with assault and intoxicated in public

WHAT A FUCKING DAY!!!!

OMFG that is insaneeeee!

did that link work btw and load a map for you? It's actually a map that works as long as I don't close the program on my computer. It will load pokemon for the next 10 minutes or so. I find it much cooler than a paste map because it allows you access time left yourself and even maybe you spot something else on your way to the destination.

Yeah it showed a bunch of Pokemon. Mostly super common Pokemon though.

So every time I click that link, it would show the current Pokemon that are there, as long as you have that program open?

GtwoK

Is there any point in evolving a pokemon if you already have it's evolution? What if it's devolution has a higher CP than it's evolution?

Eg: if I've caught both a Drowzee (CP 168) and a Hypno (CP 92), should I transfer one of them? Evolve the Drowzee then sell it? Keep both, without evolving the Drowzee? I'm not sure what the advantages and disadvantages are.

Durden77

Jesus Christ this game has been absolutely beautiful today. Everything is working so well, even the gyms which take on a whole new meaning of fun now that they actually WORK. Me and my girlfriend (who I convinced to come back after the server crash on Wednesday), we're just holding down a gym at a bar all night. And it was incredible. It kept switching. There must've been 30 people battling for it all night.

The gyms work.

I haven't had one Pokeball freeze.

Shit is so fast.

When this game works, it's astounding. I just hope it hasn't put off too many people at this point.

My gf still has some trouble logging in sometime though. She's had the worst luck with this game.

Is there any point in evolving a pokemon if you already have it's evolution? What if it's devolution has a higher CP than it's evolution?

Eg: if I've caught both a Drowzee (CP 168) and a Hypno (CP 92), should I transfer one of them? Evolve the Drowzee then sell it? Keep both, without evolving the Drowzee? I'm not sure what the advantages and disadvantages are.

Not really. You would evolve just for the XP. Or if the Drowzee is further along the CP line to the right, which you would then replace that Hypno with it. If you don't care for the Pokémon, then, sure, go ahead and evolve it for the XP and transfer. Otherwise, you're wasting candy.

Caught my first pikachu after my perpetual search for one... Then promptly had 2 eggs hatch into Pikachu.

Out of roughly 18 eggs hatched today, that was one of the least disappointing outcomes. I only got two new pokemon out of all that effort: mankee and electabuzz.
How in the world did you hatch 18 eggs in one day?

Palocca

If you want to level fast, evolving them nets you 500 xp

I think I walked about 10km today XD
Caught 2 eevees (I'd caught precisely zero before as they're not common here at all), stumbled across 2 squirtles apparently sitting together (maybe it's a nest? Might swing by the same spot again and check) and both a gengar and seadra along with heck knows how many other things XD
I even found a gym controlled by my team that just had an empty slot sitting there so I was able to slap my pincer (highest thing I had at the time) in there and claim my first pokecoins :3

So basically it worked great. Now if they could just fix the tracking so I don't have to pokevision everything...

mugwhump

This as interesting to anyone else as it is to me? :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tunmf/i_made_this_infographic_to_try_to_visually/

Some tidbits from the thread:
* person who made the pic didn't know the actual timeframe from flash to the start of the attack but it's apparently 0.2s for quick attacks.
* the attack 'Blizzard' is apparently too long to actually fully dodge :eek:

I'm still baffled that the sytem is real time, or at least so rapid considering how likely lag/latency is and how cruddy touch controls can be for this sort of thing :p
Oh nice

Eklipsis

A little bummed saw a Snorlax "near me" but couldn't find it. I was, however, able to catch 2 other Pokemon that I didn't have and make it to lvl 7!

Still find it hilarious that Nova FM here in Australia constantly plays the pokemon theme song on radio, dude on the radio admitted to walking along the beach at 2am too find water pokemon.

Natiko

Banned
It must just be Snorlax day today. Went from having never seen one to having one appear nearby and not finding it, having another show and it ran after one toss, then a third just now that I caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom