• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol soon as pokemon go dropped here in Japan the office freaked out, bunch of people took the afternoon off.

Soon as lunch time was over television crews were placing themselves at the pokestops to interview people. They got me and a friend, I showed them my beefy 121 Tangela which seemingly the rest of the city missed lol. Super fun seeing everyone on their phones playing, on their bikes and going to the side to catch something. Just kinda wonder what they are doing til you see the flick motion haha.

Futaba

i'm convinced Nintendo plans to get into the aftermarket/backup battery business and this is their way of priming the market.

Acerac

Banned
Ha, a Rhydon spawned on a nearby street that is solely for commercial vehicles. It's more tempting than it should be.

The game downloaded successfully on my Sony Xperia but won't let me enter my date of birth. The screen is just.....there. The music plays though I can't open the pull down menu to select the month, day, and year.

Help?

How in the world did you hatch 18 eggs in one day?

I've been buying up incubators to hatch all my eggs at once. The park I frequent has around 30 pokestops in a 12-15 minute walking distance, and while the 10k eggs take more effort, I fly through 2k and 5k eggs.

As soon as one hatches, I pull another egg from a stop. It's like clockwork, and if I had the time, I'm sure I could do much more than 18.

Well, and the money-- I initially felt like it was a waste to not hatch as many eggs as possible, but the incubators breaking so quickly has me considering just using them for 10k eggs to help get rare pokemon I don't have. Just hatching one or two at a time is

It's finally out in Japan and my entire office is going crazy. Everyone coming in from outside and reporting their findings, giving tips, etc.

Glad it hit right before the weekend! I am thinking about loading the app up on my old Galaxy phone that I don't use and letting my 2 yr old piggyback on my Wi-fi hotspot so he can play his own version. ^^

One question: Do Pokemon usually pop up in the same area? I saw a Scyther silhouette pop up right next to our office but had no luck figuring out where he was thanks to the damn 3 step bug.

Found a new type spot today. In an industrial area, down by a harbour, maybe relatively near a powerplant (or something that looks like it) electric pokemons all over the damn place! Yay. No pikachu though. But tons of magnemite and voltorb. I'm not sure what the trigger is that makes that area electric centric instead of the usual "motherfucking pidgey" (read in Samuel Jacksons voice) but it's pretty interesting. And exciting I think :p

We were out 4 dudes for about 10 hours. 3 of us bought power banks just for this game.

KingV

Just saw this...sure it's already been seen:

13769498_1113317808707693_1147249634756578775_n.jpg

I finally leveled up to 15, I'm off Friday so maybe I will go hunting :D

Oh, that's Big Mouth Bat. But personally, my favorites are party wiener and Cat with the long ass arms.

https://youtu.be/DLzpl42K6KY

boxter432

argh there is a snorlax and an onyx listed nearby (haven't seen either yet). im in bed. must go to sleep.

edit: fuck now there are two onyx

Can someone please explain to me the percentage thing? Pretty plz
Do you mean Perfect IV percentage? If so then it's simply what percentage of 45 the IVs added together is.
So... to simplify: there are 3 IVs and each can be a value from 0 to 15.
3x15 = 45 so the highest a pokemon's IVs added together can be is 45. A pokemon with 15/15/15 is said to be 100% perfect while a pokemon with 0/0/0 is 0% perfect.

Does that help? :p

I need to take the bike out again, but man...

My first bike ride I definitely got shafted on distance. I took a ~ 10 mile round trip route to campus, and neither of my 2.5/5k eggs hatched until I got home.

I was definitely at or under 11 mph for at least 75% of the trip.

Skeletron

Do you mean Perfect IV percentage? If so then it's simply what percentage of 45 the IVs added together is.
3x15 = 45 so the highest a pokemon's IVs added together can be is 45. A pokemon with 15/15/15 is said to be 100% perfect while a pokemon with 0/0/0 is 0% perfect.

How do you check a Pokemon's IVs?

Um kind of. Where do I get these numbers? And does the percentage equal up to a higher max cp?

How do you check a Pokemon's IVs?

I... kind of covered that a few posts above the one you're responding to, but I'll requote here for convienence:
I've answered questions about IVs a few times in the thread but seeing as people still have questions I thought I'd drop this handy link here explaining everything IV related in detail: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tzcmk/faq_on_ivs_info_megathread/

Worth noting is that there's now an android app for calculating IVs linked in the thread as well as a website type thing for those who don't want to use excel :3

edit:
Um kind of. Where do I get these numbers? And does the percentage equal up to a higher max cp?
You get the numbers from the calculators I mentioned in my self-quote above.
CP is a number generated by compiling all the base stats and IVs together so a perfect IV pokemon will always have a better CP than a zero IV pokemon of the same level: you can see this comparison in the website calculator as it shows the stats, including cp, of a 'base' version of the pokemon (0%) and a perfect version (100%) with your pokemon between them if it's managed to wittle it down to one possibility

Dishwalla

Banned
Got a Kingler that's been teasing me for a while, it comes up and gets close to me then slowly slinks further away and disappears, then comes back and starts getting close to me, then goes off and disappears. Come on you son of a bitch appear in front of me.

Oreoleo

I... kind of covered that a few posts above the one you're responding to, but I'll requote here for convienence:

edit:
You get the numbers from the calculators I mentioned in my self-quote above.
CP is a number generated by compiling all the base stats and IVs together so a perfect IV pokemon will always have a better CP than a zero IV pokemon of the same level: you can see this comparison in the website calculator as it shows the stats, including cp, of a 'base' version of the pokemon (0%) and a perfect version (100%) with your pokemon between them if it's managed to wittle it down to one possibility

*uses calculator*

Oh good my two best Pokemon are secretly shit. Super glad I used this :p

Magmar is 91% though yeahhh boiiii

*uses calculator*

Oh good my two best Pokemon are secretly shit. Super glad I used this :p

Magmar is 91% though yeahhh boiiii
Haha, I wouldn't get too worried about it. At the moment most would say that species and moveset are more important. E.g. you might have a 100% pokemon but if it's a pidgey with the worst moveset it could have you're still going to get utterly destroyed by a vaporean with 0% IVs and watergun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom