• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

That part of the post was a bit unclear. I evolved 58 pokemon and hatched a 10k egg which was worth 3k exp (double of 1000exp for hatch + 500 for new pokemon) during my lucky egg timer. All in all, somewhere just shy of 70k exp.

Thanks for the responses everyone!
Ah, gotcha.

Toki767

Hatched a 10km egg and it gave this beauty.

Cn86VcDVYAAo5BN.jpg

adamy

Banned
What is this

image.png

Also, after spending probably near 500 growlithe candy evolving em, finally found one I'm satisfied with:

image.png

Just had this beauty hatch from a 10K egg. He/she is #1 I believe when it comes to HP/Stamina.

Hatched a chansey of a similar CP the other day and, while I was stoked to hatch a chansey, the CP makes him pretty much worthless for anything other than candy for me

Wollan

Ah. I guess it has been talked about in this thread plenty overnight but Pokémon GO is now live in Japan.

Hatched a chansey of a similar CP the other day and, while I was stoked to hatch a chansey, the CP makes him pretty much worthless for anything other than candy for me
Wait. CP max varies to a big degree within a same creature even on the same trainer level?

What is this

image.png

Also, after spending probably near 500 growlithe candy evolving em, finally found one I'm satisfied with:

image.png

Despite CP being low, if the pokemon has high HP and decent attack, cp doesn't really matter does it ? Does it actually impact anything other than showing how "much potential" the pokemon has ? The chansey looks like it could probably take out a few 1000 cp pokemons with it's high HP.

adamy

Banned
Despite CP being low, if the pokemon has high HP and decent attack, cp doesn't really matter does it ? Does it actually impact anything other than showing how "much potential" the pokemon has ? The chansey looks like it could probably take out a few 1000 cp pokemons with it's high HP.

CP is literally the only thing that matters (besides perhaps move set)

HP and attack are directly linked to it

adamy

Banned
Move set is more important in the long run.

CP you can raise.

Yes. I figured it was a given that you wouldn't spend candy and stardust to power up a Pokémon with a shitty move set

This why I transferred like 5 snorlax until I managed to find one with hyperbeam

image.png

correojon

I'm not convinced about the PokéVision thing. There have been way too many discrepancies in what they say to what actually exists. For example, when I used it last, there was a Golbat standing right next to me (no Incense and nowhere near Lure Modules) which wasn't listed on PokéVision while PokéVision listed a Krabby down the road that wasn't there when I got there, despite the timer.

ANYWAY

Inundated of reports and sightings of Farfetch'd in Japan now

However, there are also actually a few reports of Kangaskhan & Tauros in Japan too, but mostly in gyms, but a couple in the wild.
Yeah, it never shows anything even similar to what the game shows in the near grid. However yesterday Pokevision took me straight to a Charmander so...I don´t know :p

On a side note, game´s working great (yesterday too), knowing that Japan is now online this is prety impressive. Seems Niantic´s work with the servers is paying off. Now, fix the 3step bug!

adamy

Banned
Well yeah, but if you have a 400cp 300 hp pokemon with a 7 attack

and a 800cp 100 hp pokemon with a 6 attack

The 400cp one should win pretty easily right ?

The point is he should never waste Stardust and candy powering up a low level CP mon when you'd catch one exponentially stronger in the wild based on your level

Since me and the bro who posted the pic are in our mid 20s, a wild Chansey would easily be over 1k cp

Makes 0 sense to power up a 300 cp one given the insane dust costs

Again, me and him are at a level where we both likely have a team of +2k cp mons

I'm in no rush to get a decent Chaney at the extreme cost of resources

The point is he should never waste Stardust and candy powering up a low level CP mon when you'd catch one exponentially stronger in the wild based on your level

Since me and the bro who posted the pic are in our mid 20s, a wild Chansey would easily be over 1k cp

Makes 0 sense to power up a 300 cp one given the insane dust costs

Again, me and him are at a level where we both likely have a team of +2k cp mons

I'm in no rush to get a decent Chaney at the extreme cost of resources

No no, I get that. My point was merely that not all pokemons are created equally. So it's worth having a 400 cp chansey because it can kick some other, stronger pokemons asses at the gym :p

Do lures HAVE to be dropped at pokestops or can they be dropped anywhere?

they have to be dropped at a pokestop. You can use insense instead. But it only spanws pokemons for yourself.

adamy

Banned
No no, I get that. My point was merely that not all pokemons are created equally. So it's worth having a 400 cp chansey because it can kick some other, stronger pokemons asses at the gym :p

they have to be dropped at a pokestop. You can use insense instead. But it only spanws pokemons for yourself.

And my point is that it's not worth it when you're at his level or my level because by now you'd already have a team that vastly outclasses a 300cp Chansey

The snorlax I posted above, for example, would destroy it

As would my charizard, exeggutor, vaporeon, etc

Again, making him worthless at his level

adamy

Banned
So the max-CP limit does vary greatly for same creature at same trainer level?

I still haven't figured it out, but in my experience it seemed to be greatly based on whether you hatched it, evolved it, or caught it in wild

But I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it

All I've determined is low CP mons are only good for candy

Wollan

I was confused by this comment:
Because when I look at my newly hatched Chancey it's 90-95% of its CP-limit which seems good?

Someone have an IV calculator?
What is ivs?
Individual Values specific for every instance of every creature. It's a hidden value that is present in the main games and has now been discovered in Pokémon GO. Pure luck based and cannot be altered....

adamy

Banned
I was confused by this comment:

Because when I look at my newly hatched Chancey it's 90-95% of its CP-limit which seems good?

Someone have an IV calculator?

The Chansey threw me off as well. Every 10k egg I've hatched recently has been 1k ~cp or over

Then I get a 300 cp Chansey

Toki767

It's almost 6PM in Japan.

Which means people are getting out of work.

Which means they're all playing Pokemon Go.

Which means servers are going to be down for the next 5 hours or so.

Firemind

It's almost 6PM in Japan.

Which means people are getting out of work.

Which means they're all playing Pokemon Go.

Which means servers are going to be down for the next 5 hours or so.
And then the servers will be down because North America wakes up. Basically, Europe is screwed.

Wollan

I saw someone tweet that it's practically easier to count people who aren't playing Pokémon GO in the streets of Tokyo this morning.

And my point is that it's not worth it when you're at his level or my level because by now you'd already have a team that vastly outclasses a 300cp Chansey

The snorlax I posted above, for example, would destroy it

As would my charizard, exeggutor, vaporeon, etc

Again, making him worthless at his level

We are arguing two different points. I'm talking in general. His 400 cp chansey could probably easily take out my 8-900 cp magmar... And it could deffo take out my 700 cp pidgeot. Meaning that there is more to the game than just the cp, you got to look at the hp and attack too. While tied to the CP, it's also tied to the pokemon and the specific attacks said pokemon has.

adamy

Banned
I'd just go to a gym and test out that Chansey. Its weird that it has such high hp yet crappy cp.

Not really, it actually makes a lot of sense based on the video games. And in light of how rare it is.

There are weirder things, like how my 1700cp vaporeon can beat every +2k Pokemon I throw at it

mclem

Seeing the pictures of Pokéstop density in Japan reminded me of this brilliant irony that I see on my way into work.

This is Harcourt Arboretum, a botanical garden just outside Oxford (and part of the University). It's got a ton of Pokéstops corresponding to the notable features on the site.

But also... see that H+ at the top? It's just running out. Harcourt Arboretum is also a mobile internet blackspot.

Cruel, cruel irony.

adamy

Banned
We are arguing two different points. I'm talking in general. His 400 cp chansey could probably easily take out my 8-900 cp magmar... And it could deffo take out my 700 cp pidgeot. Meaning that there is more to the game than just the cp, you got to look at the hp and attack too. While tied to the CP, it's also tied to the pokemon and the specific attacks said pokemon has.

Wait so your main point is that some Pokemon are simply better than others, despite CP? No shit brah, get a vaporeon if you want even a better example. And it's like 1000x more common

Seeing the pictures of Pokéstop density in Japan reminded me of this brilliant irony that I see on my way into work.

This is Harcourt Arboretum, a botanical garden just outside Oxford (and part of the University). It's got a ton of Pokéstops corresponding to the notable features on the site.

But also... see that H+ at the top? It's just running out. Harcourt Arboretum is also a mobile internet blackspot.

Cruel, cruel irony.

shieeet. Yeah, the pic before of the pokespot density in japan made me a little jealous. Pokestops are good here,but nothing compared.

Wait so your main point is that some Pokemon are simply better than others, despite CP? No shit brah, get a vaporeon if you want even a better example. And it's like 1000x more common

Yup. Everyone is super concerned with CP but it's not all that matters. Your post confused me, probably because I was out drinking yesterday, and I thought you had the opinion that higher CP was all tha mattered, regardles of the pokemon. So I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something I was missing.

Also, I would get a vaporeon if eevees weren't super rare around here ! I'm trying damnit. (But I'll try to get a jolteon first.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom