• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
shieeet. Yeah, the pic before of the pokespot density in japan made me a little jealous. Pokestops are good here,but nothing compared.

My office is actually situated halfway between two pokestops so when the GPS freaks out as it tends to do I easily grab from both. I had like 200 pokeballs and a dozen eggs in a couple of hours. Haha

adamy

Banned
shieeet. Yeah, the pic before of the pokespot density in japan made me a little jealous. Pokestops are good here,but nothing compared.

Yup. Everyone is super concerned with CP but it's not all that matters. Your post confused me, probably because I was out drinking yesterday, and I thought you had the opinion that higher CP was all tha mattered, regardles of the pokemon. So I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something I was missing.

Also, I would get a vaporeon if eevees weren't super rare around here ! I'm trying damnit. (But I'll try to get a jolteon first.)

Yes, some Pokemon are clearly op. And i hate using the term OP, but when my vaporeon can take out Pokemon that are over 500 cp than it, something is off

Maybe it's just because of how common they are here. Eevees are literally one of the most common Pokemon here...You might think that would be cool, and It is at first...but it starts to get annoying really fast when every single gym is filled with some eevee evolution

I've literally began to boycott eevees

Wollan

Lol. Norwegian sovereign wealth fund owns 0.73% of Nintendo and 0.71% of Apple and they are reporting growths based on Pokémon GO.

Slightly annoyed at seeing people asking about IVs and IV calculators. I know this thread moves fast but I spent a whole page just 3 pages ago explaining this. Absolutely no harm in asking questions but please at least make the effort to read the last few pages of a thread peeps :/

I've answered questions about IVs a few times in the thread but seeing as people still have questions I thought I'd drop this handy link here explaining everything IV related in detail: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tzcmk/faq_on_ivs_info_megathread/

Worth noting is that there's now an android app for calculating IVs linked in the thread as well as a website type thing for those who don't want to use excel :3
I especially recommend the website calculator as it's pretty well made :D

adamy

Banned
Slightly annoyed at seeing people asking about IVs and IV calculators. I know this thread moves fast but I spent a whole page just 3 pages ago explaining this. Please at least make the effort to read the last few pages of a thread please peeps :/

Dude 3 pages = less than 1 hour in this thread

You really cant expect someone to read 3 pages per every 1 hr just to ask a basic question

Slightly annoyed at seeing people asking about IVs and IV calculators. I know this thread moves fast but I spent a whole page just 3 pages ago explaining this. Please at least make the effort to read the last few pages of a thread please peeps :/

I especially recommend the website calculator as it's pretty well made :D

Might be worth PMing the OP to get it added to the OP
so we can all get OP pokemans

Dude 3 pages = less than 1 hour in this thread

You really cant expect someone to read 3 pages per every 1 hr just to ask a basic question
Sorry, you posted this 4 posts ago so I didn't read it. 4 posts = 1 minute man. Ain't nobody got time for dat. But despite me not reading your post because my time is too important compared to yours, mine are super valuable so you should totally read mine and spend time answering them k?

Wollan

I added link above. IV's only count for 7-10% max difference between a worst-case and best-case for a specific Pokémon creature so it's not end of the world in any case if you put stardust into a lesser.

brian577

Banned
Every time I pull up the game there's a rare pokemon on the radar that I know I'll never find. Can hardly be assed to play the game at this point. I swear Niantic is trying to run this game into the ground before it can really take off. At least fucking communicate with us and explain what's going on!

adamy

Banned
Sorry, you posted this 4 posts ago so I didn't read it. 4 posts = 1 minute man. Ain't nobody got time for dat. But despite me not reading your post because my time is too important compared to yours, mine are super valuable so you should totally read mine and spend time answering them k?

Dude, not everyone is constantly refreshing this thread in hopes of stumbling across one of your posts. I view this thread about about once every 1-2 days. Get over yourself brah

idonteven

what does this say ? i said on twitter thanks a lot japan for making my servers crash

お前が死ね

random girl wrote that to me

Dude, not everyone is constantly refreshing this thread in hopes of stumbling across one of your posts. I view this thread about about once every 1-2 days. Get over yourself brah
Checking the last few pages before you post isn't 'constantly refreshing'. If it'd been like 8+ pages ago I wouldn't begrudge anyone.

See, I have this weird thing where I don't think I'm any more valuable than anyone else so I do the perverse thing of actually reading an entire thread before I dare post in them because I don't see why anyone else should spend their valuable time reading my posts if I just skipped over theirs. Thing is, despite this, I don't hold most people anywhere near to this standard but I do appreciate it if they make the effort to read just a few pages first, not double digits or anything, just a few. Also those 3 pages took several hours to form, I should know, I slept through that period of time before reading them :p

Anyhoo, I've DMed the OP with the links so they can add them if they feel they'd help. I know how often some people don't even bother to fully read the OPs of threads they post in though :/

edit:
what does this say ? i said on twitter thanks a lot japan for making my servers crash

お前が死ね

random girl wrote that to me
lol, it roughly reads "you can die" XD

Checking the last few pages before you post isn't 'constantly refreshing'. If it'd been like 8+ pages ago I wouldn't begrudge anyone.

See, I have this weird thing where I don't think I'm any more valuable than anyone else so I do the perverse thing of actually reading an entire thread before I dare post in them because I don't see why anyone else should spend their valuable time reading my posts if I just skipped over theirs. Thing is, despite this, I don't hold most people anywhere near to this standard but I do appreciate it if they make the effort to read just a few pages first, not double digits or anything, just a few. Also those 3 pages took several hours to form, I should know, I slept through that period of time before reading them :p

Anyhoo, I've DMed the OP with the links so they can add them if they feel they'd help. I know how often some people don't even bother to fully read the OPs of threads they post in though :/

edit:lol, it roughly reads "you can die" XD

And reading 'the last few pages' could be 15+ minutes. That's a lot of time wasted for the chance someone has answered your question when you could y'know, spend 10 seconds and post the question.

Chaos17

Nintendo should buy Niantics >.>... ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SERVERS TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Went to the city for errands, perfect to catch some Pokémon, but I couldn't login for the entire time ('can't receive login information'). I love GO, but these constant downtimes/login problems are annoying. I live in a small town so I have to get to the city to get some activity, so it sucks that servers are down so often.

And reading 'the last few pages' could be 15+ minutes. That's a lot of time wasted for the chance someone has answered your question when you could y'know, spend 10 seconds and post the question.
Cool. In future whenever you ask something I'll just remember that I could've spent a few minutes double checking my facts before posting so I can help you in an informative manner or i could, y'know, spend 0 not helping you at all! And that's if I even bothered reading that many posts back to see your question in the first place, because that takes time I could just spend being self-serving instead too :D

ViciousDS

Banned
So much for the server snapiness. They make them perfect yesterday just to bring Japan and fuck everything they literally just did.

PokeStops are definitely not loading even close to as good as yesterday. Yesterday before Japan launch that shit was instant and smooth grabbing items. Now I'm back at the dear heavens load!!!!!!

adamy

Banned
Cool. In future whenever you ask something I'll just remember that I could've spent a few minutes double checking my facts before posting so I can help you in an informative manner or i could, y'know, spend 0 not helping you at all! :D

What will we ever do without you in a thread filled with literally some of the most active, commited posters on gaf!?!?!????

Again, get over yourself bro

venomenon

Servers appeared to be on the verge of breaking on my way to work. I was so hopeful after everything seemed really stable yesterday :(

I was surprised to see how plastered with Pokestops our inner city is (German city in the middle of nowhere with 200k inhabitants). I think there is/was a very strong Ingress community here, that probably explains it.

What will ever do without you in a thread filled with literally some of the most active, commuted posters on gaf!?!?!????
Oh, did you have time to read their posts so they could actually be helpful? They should be grateful to deigned them worthy of your precious resources to give you a hand like that :p
I'm not the selfish one here who needs to get over themselves but keep repeating that I do if it helps you not realise what you're saying makes you look bad.

adamy

Banned
Oh, did you have time to read their posts so they could actually be helpful? They should be grateful to deigned them worthy of your precious resources to give you a hand like that :p
I'm not the selfish one here who needs to get over themselves.

Y u gotta quote me before I fix my drunken typos?

Servers appeared to be on the verge of breaking on my way to work. I was so hopeful after everything seemed really stable yesterday :(

I was surprised to see how plastered with Pokestops our inner city is (German city in the middle of nowhere with 200k inhabitants). I think there is/was a very strong Ingress community here, that probably explains it.

I live in a rather small german town (I guess around 30-40k people, and there are loads of Pokéstops and Gyms

masud

Banned
Taking a flight cross contry right now, had the game running via the onboard WiFi. It's pretty cool seeing my character fly across the map at ridiculous speed. Also, I put my Vaporeon in the middle of a level 6 gym right at my departing gate and he's still there 5 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom