• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septic360

Banned
According to http://ispokemongodownornot.com/ the actual game servers are down while some of the login servers are up so you'll likely be able to get in but not actually be able to play right now :eek:

cYqlg3z.gif

Well, back to life :(

Maybe it's just because of how common they are here. Eevees are literally one of the most common Pokemon here.

It kinda feels like every area has a different "rare" pokemon as a common. I rarely find Eevees but here I am drowning in Drowzees to the point where the game isn't fun anymore. Moving 10 miles between work and home and still getting the same crappy Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Zubat, Drowzee combo is really killing any enjoyment that can be gotten.

Zafir

It kinda feels like every area has a different "rare" pokemon as a common. I rarely find Eevees but here I am drowning in Drowzees to the point where the game isn't fun anymore. Moving 10 miles between work and home and still getting the same crappy Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Zubat, Drowzee combo is really killing any enjoyment that can be gotten.

I know that feel about Drowzee's.

It's crazy too because I didn't even consider them that common in the main games!

Hagi

Finally get out of my little town and into Glasgow and.....still Zubat, Drowsy, Weedle, Pidgey everywhere. You are killing me here.

Zafir

I managed to get on about 20mins ago, but it froze up when I clicked to capture a pokemon and couldn't get in since. :p

I'm getting the exact same combination daily, with the occasional Onyx thrown in. I had a wander through town this morning and caught a Pikachu by fluke which was great, but it's only 10CP 10HP. What the fuck can you do with that.

Midas

Yeah, I have the same kind of pokemons. Loooots of psyducks as well.

Teknoman

I dunno what it is about my area, but I get a decent variety with the usual pidgey and rattata. Spearow, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Venonat, Oddish, Bellsprout, Doduo, Exeggcute, Eevee, Krabby, and the odd Bulbasaur.

I'd really like to see a Drowzee, or definitely Charmander and Mankey.

EDIT: Nidoran seem to migrating through my area.

Zafir

I went out of town on Sunday, and where I went to had a load of Magnemites and Voltorbs as pretty common Pokemon, which was interesting.

Course the servers were down most of it, but I did stock up on some. :p

Either way, yeah I'm sure different places have common "rarer" Pokemon.

I don't think there's much they could do about 'commons' without breaking the distribution too much.

I'd personally feel better about the plague of zubats and drowzees if I could beat them up with my pokemon to help upgrade or something. I know capturing them gives us much needed dust, but without the appropriate candies it's not much help :p

Replicant

So sick of all the Zubats and Pidgeys here in Sydney. But tonight.....

"Oh look at that, a Meowth with 245cp!"
*tries to catch*
*game freezes*
*restart the game only to find that servers are dead*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

I'm getting the exact same combination daily, with the occasional Onyx thrown in. I had a wonder through town this morning and caught a Pikachu by fluke which was great, but it's only 10CP 10HP. What the fuck can you do with that.

I get the occasional Paras or Ghastly but there are 140+ pokemon, you'd expect at least 70 to be commons you can find anywhere instead of like 7. Especially since so much of the game revolves around catching the same pokemon multiple times, even getting a rare catch loses all its valor because then it might not be the right CP or it might not have good ivs or the right moves and if you need to evolve it (catching a dratini feels far more disappointing than it has any right to be) then you have gained nothing but a pokedex entry and 500exp. Everything in this game is primed towards catching lots of the same pokemon except for the spawning system. It's bizarre at best.

Z3M0G

I assume APK download installs wont update automatically. If i go to the same link should it likely be an updated version?

This seems to be true. I live in a desert so I'm pretty much always encountering rock and fire pokemon. Grass and water? Good luck. Occasionally a water pokemon will spawn by someone's pool and a rare grass pokemon in parks. Tons of abras, growlithes. Ekans and ponytas though. Strange lack of zubats even though we have actual bats out here. I saw a drowzee once.

5 10km eggs. 4 Eevees. What kind of sick joke? It's bad enough that one of the most common mons in the game is inexplicably found inside these rare and time consuming eggs. It also has (as of now) an 80% chance of hatching from one.

Whoever balanced the Eevee line needs to be fired. Literally every aspect of it is ridiculous.

5 10km eggs. 4 Eevees. What kind of sick joke? It's bad enough that one of the most common mons in the game is inexplicably found inside these rare and time consuming eggs. It also has (as of now) an 80% chance of hatching from one.

Whoever balanced the Eevee line in LITERALLY every aspect needs to be fired.
Eevees aren't common for everyone. There's barely any in the places I've checked around Edinburgh. I've got a whopping 2 since i started playing 8 days ago :(

Inviusx

Amazing that they would launch in another country when the 3 step bug exists. Japanese players are going to be pretty confused.

More servers... and regional both login and playing so one region can't bring it down worldwide
But they had time to prepare enough servers, didn't they? And Nintendo got bank, so even though Niantic is a relatively small company, installing and maintaining servers everywhere shouldn't come at too great a cost for them.

Anyway, I just managed to log in! And then the app froze upon my first catch of the day.

Edit: Back in, and the game seems more stable now. Pokémon are actually appearing in the "nearby" window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom