• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
Does yours work on mobile?

Are there any up right now that work on mobile?

I usually run the scan and then link it to my phone. It scans usually about 10-15 minutes before I have to refresh it on my actual computer. If I setup a remote desktop app I could technically run it from my PC

You can share your map via a url

Pokemon Go Desktop Map has a Mobile toggle. It will generate a url that you can view on your phone while out hunting.

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases/tag/v0.0.7

It can use a PTC or a Google login

This is the one I use, it literally is the python script with a GUI

The Cowboy

Does yours work on mobile?

Are there any up right now that work on mobile?
This is why I actually prefer PV, you can use it out and about or on the work PC and not have to go full on with remote access etc.

Sure the python things scan better, but they aren't much good when i'm walking around the town - if there is a better fully mobile alternative to PV, i to would like to know about it.

chrono01

Nice to see that those with a Pokémon Trainer Club account are still unable to log in to play. It's only been around 16 hours for me, so no hurry!

I'm really beginning to regret going with a PTC account, but I wanted to be sure I obtained any exclusive items they might release. Granted, it'll probably never happen, but you never can be too sure.

Edit: At least they're down for me in Canada, not sure if it's just where I am.

ok,this is bullshit,today i ran about 10 KM,only to find now the meter on the eggs show only 1.2KM
WTF
i heard it wont calculate if run above 20KM speed,so i need to walk and trot?

You ran 10 km in half an hour (at 20 km/h)? Because that's close to world record speed. :D

PSFan

How do I get it to work?

Download it onto your PC and unzip it. Then just click the executable and enter a PTC or a Google login. Create a dummy account to use for it. Also, get your starting coordinates from Google maps and input them in the spaces. Then hit the login button and you'll see a map of your area along with Pokemon, stops and gyms.

In the upper left corner is a Mobile button. Click that and it will give you a url for your phone. Put it into your phone's browser and you have the map on your phone, hit the refresh button periodically to update.

I've found that it can die sometimes and you won't see anything and then you have to login again to restart it.

Venom Fox

Banned
Download it onto your PC and unzip it. Then just click the executable and enter a PTC or a Google login. Create a dummy account to use for it. Also, get your starting coordinates from Google maps and input them in the spaces. Then hit the login button and you'll see a map of your area along with Pokemon, stops and gyms.

In the upper left corner is a Mobile button. Click that and it will give you a url for your phone. Put it into your phone's browser and you have the map on your phone, hit the refresh button periodically to update.

I've found that it can die sometimes and you won't see anything and then you have to login again to restart it.
Ah ok I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

lol Pokemon Go is so huge that one of Facebook's trending stories is a guy from Brooklyn who claims to have caught all 142 Pokemon available in NA.

PSFan

lol Pokemon Go is so huge that one of Facebook's trending stories is a guy from Brooklyn who claims to have caught all 142 Pokemon available in NA.

I don't think Niantic confirmed the continent exclusives though. And I've seen stuff where those so-called exclusives can be hatched from eggs. So I think he may still have some work to do.

Zafir

*sigh*

Yeah, getting rather tired of lowbie pokemon breaking out of balls.

It makes playing in more rural/suburban areas so tedious in terms of pokeball management.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can someone hit me with 40.43161196776192,-79.95359301567076? There's a Vulpix nearby and I can't see it on PokeVision.

ViciousDS

Banned
for those wondering lol

ygQznnb.png

ViciousDS

Banned
Can someone hit me with 40.43161196776192,-79.95359301567076? There's a Vulpix nearby and I can't see it on PokeVision.

I'm not seeing anything. Maybe your radar didn't refresh? I had a bulbasaur stay on my radar one night for over 30 minutes before I closed and reloaded the app

VoxPop

Does it matter when you hatch a 10K egg? Like if i hatched 10K egg at lvl 10 compared to lvl 20? Should I save them for a higher level?

I don't think Niantic confirmed the continent exclusives though. And I've seen stuff where those so-called exclusives can be hatched from eggs. So I think he may still have some work to do.

Still pretty impressive he got over 100. I'm barely finding new Pokemon and I'm around 60!

ViciousDS

Banned
how do i change the marker...

down below before logging in

the longitude and latitude

go to bing maps

search your place, underneath should be coordinates and enter coordinates in they should be something like this

42.050816,-87.719101

there are two boxes one for the first number and the second for the second one

zulux21

down below before logging in

the longitude and latitude

go to bing maps

search your place and enter coordinates in they should be something like this

42.050816,-87.719101

there are two boxes one for the first number and the second for the second one

alternatively, if you have been using pokevision, the coordinates are in the URL :p

How do you create a dummy account, every time I enter the game, I dont have the select other account option anymore.

Seems to be exclusvie only to catch.

Yesterday I saw a kid with a Tauros hatched from an egg, from spain BTW.
I wonder though if the percentage of having them from an egg is much lower outside of their continents though.

Curious, is it objectively impressive to have over 100 seen/caught in the Pokedex at this point in the game's release?

I would say so. Its a lot of work evolving Pokemon and finding rare ones like Dragonite, Hitmonchan/lee, Porygon, etc. have been pretty difficult. I cant imagine having 100+ without some serious investment in the game!

Curious, is it objectively impressive to have over 100 seen/caught in the Pokedex at this point in the game's release?

More subjective I would think. I've seen plenty of people with over 100 distinct catches. I'm at 72 caught 73 seen and haven't really gone out to play much since it's release or maybe I'm just lucky to live in an area with a large variety of them around.

I feel so powerful right now.

PSFan

how do i change the marker...

Scroll down below the login section and there's a space to put in the coordinates. Look up your address on Google maps and get the coordinates to enter in there. That will be your starting point and you will have a map of your neighborhood showing where all the Pokemon are.

Visceir

Finally evolved my Eevee into a badass 1700 CP Vaporeon.

Really want an Arcanine but I need 25 more candies and there are literally no Growlithes ever spawning near here :(

Seein squirtles here and there as very rare spawns but it'll be a pain to get enough candy for a Blastoise.

So the battle system seems kind of dumb. Not that i expected it to be in depth like it is in the mainline franchise, but it seems incredibly unbalanced. It seems to emphasize speed over power, and you only get coins if you manage to hold it for 24 hours or something, which pretty much seems impossible atm.

I just solo'd three gyms, only to have them taken away from me in less than 10 minutes.

Doubt they will make it better, but its certainly not that great.

Still fun game, but it is a bit of a let down that coins are tied to something that is pretty much impossible at this time.

Dmonzy

Is there a way to toggle off pokestops and gyms? Where I'm at there's too many crowding the map.

kierwynn

So the battle system seems kind of dumb. Not that i expected it to be in depth like it is in the mainline franchise, but it seems incredibly unbalanced. It seems to emphasize speed over power, and you only get coins if you manage to hold it for 24 hours or something, which pretty much seems impossible atm.

I just solo'd three gyms, only to have them taken away from me in less than 10 minutes.

Doubt they will make it better, but its certainly not that great.

Still fun game, but it is a bit of a let down that coins are tied to something that is pretty much impossible at this time.

You can cash out as soon as you take a gym, but you can only do that once every 21 hours and you only get 10 coins with 1 gym (unless it's time based I'm not sure), but I mean it's better than nothing if you can't actually get multiple gyms. My husband and I don't even bother trying to take multiple gyms because they're constantly changing around here and they're all so far away from each other- we just take one and then immediately claim our 10 coins and stardust. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom