• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY Gastly is a perfect Gastly!

Now I just need more so I can have a great Gengar if moveset is correct.

Too bad I've only found TWO OF THEM.

The game has been functioning really really good these last couple of days.

I'm not too sure if the tracking works though, haven't tested it though, I just haven't noticed footprints changing on the list. Dunno.

Very enjoyable experience now.

chrono01

So, I just hit Level 5 and now I'm asked to join a team. I really want to go Team Instinct, since I prefer Zapdos over the other two Legendary birds, but I've heard they're the least popular, and as such might prove difficult to team up/take down gyms.

I'm at a loss as to what to do, I don't want to make the wrong decision (especially since you can't change it)...

Majukun

So, I just hit Level 5 and now I'm asked to join a team. I really want to go Team Instinct, since I prefer Zapdos over the other two Legendary birds, but I've heard they're the least popular, and as such might prove difficult to team up/take down gyms.

I'm at a loss as to what to do, I don't want to make the wrong decision (especially since you can't change it)...
just choose what you want,no wrong choice

I had heard people saying this but figured it was a BS rumor. Is this actually legit?
Yes, at least the first time you use each name it is apparently. Rainer, Pyro or Sparky depending on which you want, capital letter is important.

edit: Oop, beaten to it. In that case I'll mention the theory I've seen that it only works if you enter the name yourself, and the reason it doesn't work the 2nd time onwards for most people is that auto-complete breaks it. I have no idea how much truth there is to this however.

^So if you find a perfect version, the idea is just to make it as strong as possible, not evolve, correct?
Evolve to it's top form first to see what moveset you end up with, as the movesets annoyingly get randomised with each evolution (there's no carry over) and top evolutions always have better base stats than their pre-evolutions.

If randomness smiles on you and you get a good final moveset, then you can focus on powering it up :3

zroid

Banned
If the GPS detects you're traveling faster than like 20 km/h, the music should automatically switch to the bicycle theme IMO

SnakeEyes

Banned
Alright, I guess I'm joining Team Instinct, then. It sounds to me like they need the numbers, haha.

Thanks.
Depends on what the makeup is like where you live/spend most of your time. My city, for example, is predominantly Blue and Red with some sprinklings of Yellow. This obviously makes it hard for Yellow players to keep/hold Gyms for extended periods of time, but this just means you'll need to skirmish a lot and claim your daily rewards whenever you can.

Anastasis

Evolve to it's top form first to see what moveset you end up with, as the movesets annoyingly get randomised with each evolution (there's no carry over) and top evolutions always have better base stats than their pre-evolutions.

If randomness smiles on you and you get a good final moveset, then you can focus on powering it up :3

Thank you!

rc213

Walked over to the La Brea Tar Pits today after work. Turns out it's a Charmander nest all over the grounds. Plenty of lures, Tons of people just doing laps yelling out when a Pokemon pops up.

Pretty great to see.

Comic con has been amazing for Pokemon go

All these poke stops, finding pikachu , balbasaur, charmander, hitmonlee, hitmonchan, scyther, Pinsir , machoke, Porygon

Damnnnnnn

Ruff

Just got my first eevee evolve into a 1500 vapeoreon, holy shit that thing wrecks any pokemon I fight, now i see why everyone uses it.

Just got my first eevee evolve into a 1500 vapeoreon, holy shit that thing wrecks any pokemon I fight, now i see why everyone uses it.
there's no vaporeon counter now, unless you have a beatly grass

I've wrecked teams of jolteons with my 1700 vap

rc213

P.S. is it just me or is Pikachu biggest a*hole of all Pokémon to catch?

I've yet to encounter any higher than 240CP but every single one has taken more than 5 Great/Pokeballs with berries. I've caught 3 out of 8+ encounters.

Even a few of the 800CP+ ones I took down today were pieces of cake.

How do I change locations on the Pokémon Go Desktop Map? It's showing me a city I don't live in and when I move around the map I don't see anything.

johnsmith

remember me
How do I change locations on the Pokémon Go Desktop Map? It's showing me a city I don't live in and when I move around the map I don't see anything.

Get the location coordinates from google map and input them here

TwZFJpo.png

You get the coordinates by right clicking on google maps and selecting what's here
vG6fqWm.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seems kabbalistic. Is that why you see an Electabuzz, a Jigglypuff and Diglett? Were they called by the star?

P.S. is it just me or is Pikachu biggest a*hole of all Pokémon to catch?

I've yet to encounter any higher than 240CP but every single one has taken more than 5 Great/Pokeballs with berries. I've caught 3 out of 8+ encounters.

Even a few of the 800CP+ ones I took down today were pieces of cake.
Pikachu's base capture rate is a mere 16% compared to the 40% of most more common mons like pidgey, zubat and co :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Was just part of a 1000 man Dragonite stampede down by harbourfront in Toronto

The crowd had their phones held in the sky, it was literally like the trailer of the game at the end with Mewtwo

It was an incredible experience

why can't you throw away eggs?

you can only hold 9 eggs and most of them are 2km eggs, even at higher levels (i'm 19 and keep getting 2km eggs)

since you rarely get free incubators you end up in a situation where you have to buy lots of incubators with real money or just let the 2km eggs pile up and prevent you from getting more eggs from pokestops.

I want to just toss my 2km eggs so I can focus only on 5/10km eggs T__T

2km eggs can hatch starters and Pikachu. They're great.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ha that's actually pretty cool!

It's actually a Holocaust memorial park in Denver (specifically a memorial to the Babi Yar massacres), but the organization's facebook page is actually not discouraging Pokemon Go players from coming, they ask that people be respectful, and take some time to learn about the memorial while they're there.

Eklipsis

Had the most sublime experience playing this yesterday. Hit up Central Park (all my fellow NYCers need to go if ya haven't already) and there were literally hundreds of people out there playing all day and night. A good 90% of the people in the park were there just for Pokemon, and when somebody left for whatever reason, another 5 people would show up. It was bananas. A few cops pulled up in a cruiser and got in on the Charmeleon hunt. That bitch ass ran out on me tho >_>

Those lures in the pics were up for hours, as you might guess looking at the timestamps. Its really cool seeing people of all walks of life come together and talk passionately about Pokemon of all things. Hope this never dies out.

Highlight of the day was this beast btw. One of my faves and puts in work against all these gyms run by water types.

Wish I had an area like that around me to play!

With so much unnecessary hate in this world lately it really is a beautiful thing that something as little as Pokemon can really bring people together of all walks of life!

Anyway, I hatched my first egg today(2km) and it was a Charmander...which I already have... But I guess it's better than a pidgey

Majukun

I actually managed to almost finish all my items, especially poke balls and berries... gotta hunt pokes tops tomorrow.

by the way, there's a big war here between the 3 teams, 2 of the nearby gyms were held at least 1 time by one of the teams in the last 5 hours, and it's already almost 6 a.m. here

Majukun

Wish I had an area like that around me to play!

With so much unnecessary hate in this world lately it really is a beautiful thing that something as little as Pokemon can really bring people together of all walks of life!

Anyway, I hatched my first egg today(2km) and it was a Charmander...which I already have... But I guess it's better than a pidgey
pokemon from eggs seem to have exceptional IV compared to pokemon catches through normal means, so check that charmander

trugs26

Was just part of a 1000 man Dragonite stampede down by harbourfront in Toronto

The crowd had their phones held in the sky, it was literally like the trailer of the game at the end with Mewtwo

It was an incredible experience

I love how this game actually manages to capture that aspect of the trailer. I always thought that part of the trailer seemed idealistic, but it actually happens.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
The game gets SO much better once you get past the bullshit grind to 20, and stuff becomes actually worth catching and being used to evolve so you can play the game with others.

But yeah, I agree it's way too easy to just solo gyms and take them back, even when they are ridiculously fortified with 2000+ cp Snorlaxes and such. They need to nerf the prestige loss and buff the prestige gain.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I love how this game actually manages to capture that aspect of the trailer. I always thought that part of the trailer seemed idealistic, but it actually happens.
One guy got hit by a car, got up and kept running for the dragonite

Iceman829

I need to stop checking the spawn map or loading the game up late at night. I checked the map and see an Abra with 90 seconds left down the road from me. I grabbed some shoes and my keys and ran out the door. It was gone before I got there. Now I need to shower because it's hot out and my AC decided to die today. Thankfully the repairman is coming tomorrow.

I also noticed both lures at the park around the corner are lured by the water. If it wasn't midnight and hot/humid out I would probably roam over there.

Ran into a gym where one guy appeared to be using multiple accounts to park his high ass cp pokemon there. I guess people are already doing that. Really ruins the fun in my opinion.

Did a Lucky Egg mass evolution last night. Went from level 13 and a quarter to 19 and three quarters. So glad to have finally been able to do it; I've been working toward it for a week and a half.

Can't wait to hit 20, as it sounds like that's when you're able to start getting truly powerful Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom