• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
prolly shouldn't have trashed all my potions and revives to make room for balls

all my mains are fucked up from earlier today

may need to hit up some stops then provide support

johnsmith

remember me
I haven't been paying much attention, so forgive me if this has been asked a ton of times, but how does this map work? Does it take data from other players? I installed it and ran it, but I am wondering because there is nothing near me, for like, hundreds of miles haha. Would make sense if it's working on other player data, cause I am in the middle of fucking nowhere.

It's pulling directly from Niantic's servers. I'm not too aware of the technical aspect, but it's basically all the data the game has access too, but doesn't let the player see.

Just used the rest of my 15 Ultra Balls, and 10 Great Balls to catch this baby.
R5iuSME.png

Media

It's pulling directly from Niantic's servers. I'm not too aware of the technical aspect, but it's basically all the data the game has access too, but doesn't let the player see.

I might be doing something wrong then, cause there's literally nothing here, even though stuff has popped on my game map

Including a Pikachu that bounced after a berry and two first throw catches :(

ironmang

It's on the corner of Tujunga and Ventura Blvd

Cute that valor thinks it has a chance against instinct

lol lemme know when you decide to throw in the towel

So have I, just wait until that guy reports back

Level alone doesn't mean everything, greatly depends on what's in it

Not sure how I've managed to hold it for so long, but it definitely has nothing to do with competition

Like I said, it's on Ventuta Blvd in Los Angeles. Someone already posted the exact address

The amount of active players around here is insane, and gyms are constantly at conflict

If you are at all familiar with the area, you will understand

aight gaf no joke, someone fukin up my gym

that u jasmin?

help would be much appreciated, my gym is getting wecked

where instinct at?

prolly shouldn't have trashed all my potions and revives to make room for balls

all my mains are fucked up from earlier today

may need to hit up some stops then provide support

popcorn-eating-dance-jimmy-fallon-226x141.gif

Media

I fixed it, missed the place to put in my coordinates.

And that LA gym saga that just happened was freaking hilarious, thank you Gaf. The magicarp somehow makes it that much better

johnsmith

remember me
I might be doing something wrong then, cause there's literally nothing here, even though stuff has popped on my game map

Including a Pikachu that bounced after a berry and two first throw catches :(

Did you set your coordinates before logging on?

Get the location coordinates from google map and input them here

TwZFJpo.png

You get the coordinates by right clicking on google maps and selecting what's here
vG6fqWm.png

props, you solo it? if so, damn impressive

you local?

Lol yes I was solo and I'm from Culver City. Took me 20 minutes to get over there but it's a Pokemon kinda night :p

Here's what I'm working with to give you an idea, although it still took like 15 minutes of straight tappin to get through all that lol

13769623_10155046813613989_4076875021975081736_n.jpg

dc89

Just started the game and worked my way to level 4 by catching all the common Pokemon.
Then all of a sudden, a Gengar appeared outside my house. Took a few Pokeballs to catch as it kept busting out but I got it in the end.

adamy

Banned
tempted to take it back right now but at tacking his magicarp is humiliating in in itself

obviously still need to take it back

need potions :(

image.png

literally 0 potions

brb

I'm kinda hitting a wall with this game. The disparity between the amount and types of pokemons the appear from small, medium, and large cities is too big.

I'm not getting any new Pokemon. Just kinda stuck.

adamy

Banned
Lol yes I was solo and I'm from Culver City. Took me 20 minutes to get over there but it's a Pokemon kinda night :p

Here's what I'm working with to give you an idea, although it still took like 15 minutes of straight tappin to get through all that lol

dude if you drove that far might as well stay in the area and catch some shit that ain't local to you

meanwhile I'm about to retake that gym, for instinct ;)

a fucking VENUSAR popped up like 3 blocks from me with a minute to go. I just fucked JET toward the river in my shoes running around going "where the fuck are you". I didn't realize there was a couple hanging out there having a romantic time. The guy asked me if I was playing Pokemon Go...

webkatt

Damn, I was at the Fox Hills mall the other day and hit up a bunch of pokestops. Got no good pokemans.

Drove on Sepulveda to El Segundo and hit like 10 more stops while waiting on LAX traffic.

I'm finally back in a suburban area after being on a jobsite for the past month where there were no Pokestops/gyms or anything of interest.

Sitting in the airport this morning spinning the pokestop disc there to get a bunch of Pokeballs. Hopefully I can get something good while I am here to brag about back at work.

I get to join a team now too I suppose.

Just started the game and worked my way to level 4 by catching all the common Pokemon.
Then all of a sudden, a Gengar appeared outside my house. Took a few Pokeballs to catch as it kept busting out but I got it in the end.

Gengar is seriously all I want in from gen 1... I'm mad jealous.

Have you guys tried using the pokemon go live map? You'd be surprised at the stuff that's probably within a few minutes of your location.
Yep. Nothing, but weedles, pidgeys, and drowzees. Like constant. Once and I mean really once in a great while something good will pop up.

I like this game, but it's getting kind of boring to be honest. Because of this issue.

Jintor

i remember there was some kind of extra app that replaced the battery saver mode since it seems to bug out button presses when recovering from it. Any links?

In LA, the two absolute best spots I've been to for constant catching and poke stop lures have been the Redondo Beach Pier and the Santa Monica Pier(which I'm heading over to now). People just keep using lures and call out when rare poke appear. It's crazy how many are THIS into it! But I'm loving it :)

HowZatOZ

Banned
That sounds delicious, is this somewhere in Queens Street? Because I will be around there tomorrow.
Yeah just inside King George bus station, the Donut Time booth. I'm not 100% positive they'll have them tomorrow but usually their promos run for two days at least. I was lucky in getting the last one but the lady did mention getting a new batch in at 4pm.

Yeah just inside King George bus station, the Donut Time booth. I'm not 100% positive they'll have them tomorrow but usually their promos run for two days at least. I was lucky in getting the last one but the lady did mention getting a new batch in at 4pm.

Neat, that is probably where I will be parking tomorrow anyway haha, thanks!

Hedgey

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap

Download, unzip it. Create a throw away account to log in, don't use your real account.
Get your coords from google maps and input them. It's really easy. You can also create a unique web link so you can access it from your phone while you're out hunting. Though you can not change the scanning location without getting back to the computer.

This needs to be in the OP. Thank you for taking the time to help out so many people.

2 questions on IAPs:

1. I had to sideload the game on my Android phone because Play Store said I have incompatible hardware, even though it works. If I try to buy coins through it, will Play Store block it? Right now I have $0 and I'm planning to get a Google Play card.

2. I also have the game on my iPad under the same account. If I bought coins through that, will they show up in the Android phone version?

Seriously tho. What's with this game and it's hard on for drowzees.

I wish I spotted Drowzee around here. I've never seen one in my area since I've started playing. No Magikarps either.

Other than Pidgeys and Rattatas, there are mostly Ekans, Sandshrews, Mankeys, Doduos, Growliths, and Geodudes here in a central California suburb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom