• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANUELF

Banned
Today was a great day to me, caught a goldeen, weepingbell and exeggcute, hatched 2 5km eggs a drowzee and a bellsprout and Im near hatching a 2 km one, one thing though, HOW DO I HOLD ALL THESE EGGS??????? I have 8 in hand and I only have two incubators :/

Skux

Don't even have a Ponyta and I picked up this bad boy in the wild.

xv3l1GH.png

Muku

What level?

I'm level 19 and I still feel like my Pokemon are weak as fuck

Don't worry. I'm 19 as well and feel my Pokemon are really weak as hell. Few hundred away from 20. Didn't get it this evening but will definately on walk to work tomorrow.

My night got better though. Saw Hypno on tracker and figured it was a shot in the dark to pop up. But he did. And he became my first over 1k CP Pokemon to catch. Came in at 1,038. So you still have a chance at 19 to see something kind of interesting.

DarkKyo

Wow, just had a Dragonite appear on my tracker.. was hunting that thing for like 25 minutes before it disappeared from my town :(

Probably rarest thing I've seen on my tracker so far.

Forkball

So what do you get from gyms? If you put a guy in a gym and gets wrecked, you get nothing? But if he KOs a few pokes, he eventually brings you items or what? What's the plus side of capturing gyms for my team?

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Ran into a gym where one guy appeared to be using multiple accounts to park his high ass cp pokemon there. I guess people are already doing that. Really ruins the fun in my opinion.

To be fair, it's not super hard to take gyms down solo. It is however, pretty hard to hold them. If he's willing to put in the time to do that, I'm not complaining. Seems valid enough to me.

adamy

Banned
So what do you get from gyms? If you put a guy in a gym and gets wrecked, you get nothing? But if he KOs a few pokes, he eventually brings you items or what? What's the plus side of capturing gyms for my team?

Very, very little

This is why at almost level 25 I've messed with gyms only a few times

They need to completely change the reward system for gyms

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
damn the streets are on fucking fire tonight. at this moment in time it's like my entire local economy is centered around pokemon. we kanto now boyz

edit: how good, too good
finally got a drowzee and hatched a cute little cubone too

eek5

gold coins

Is it safe to give that thing your login details? Does it only connect to the Pokemon Go servers?

DO NOT use your real login. It authenticates with PTC but the stuff it does after that is wayyyy against ToS.

adamy

Banned
Been holding down this gym as gym leader for 2 days now on a very busy street in Studio City (Los Angeles)

Gyms around here tend to change color every 10-30 mins

Not sure what's going on but then again this gym is fucking stacked

Valor/Mystic, come at me bro

image.png

Been holding down this gym as gym leader for 2 days now on a very busy street in Studio City (Los Angeles)

image.png

lol. Give me the address. I will legit come take your gym tonight.
FOR VALOR

Just make a throw away account using throw away email.

I think I found my answer from the guy who created it

icer5k 9 points 3 days ago

It doesn't store any information on disk, and all the code is open source. If you're worried about the binaries, you can build it yourself using the distrib.sh script in the main repo.

Of course, it still uses the Niantic APIs, so the risk is on you if you want to use them with your own account.

adamy

Banned
I've seen bigger gyms fall. Unless you got garbage competition in your area then no gym is invincible.

So have I, just wait until that guy reports back

Level alone doesn't mean everything, greatly depends on what's in it

Not sure how I've managed to hold it for so long, but it definitely has nothing to do with competition

Like I said, it's on Ventuta Blvd in Los Angeles. Someone already posted the exact address

The amount of active players around here is insane, and gyms are constantly at conflict

If you are at all familiar with the area, you will understand

ironmang

Apparently my Vaporeon is 100% perfect 15/15/15 according to that reddit post. Mostly everything else I have is 80% or lower but it's fun knowing I have a permanent starter lol.

image.png

If I were any where near you... I'd come support you.

Team Instinct!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom