• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maz

I was part of central park madness today when an Arcanine popped up. Over a hundred people ran across the street. Straight madness.

They are common in certain parts of the city here.

U2BGYq8.jpg

Edit: For some reason I can't seem to get the img to show. Fixed

MajorMane

It's almost 1 a.m. and I just left my house to track down a Doduo. Pokemon Go, everyone.

... to be fair, they're stupidly rare around here. This was only the second time I've even seen a silhouette of Doduo since the game released. Plus it pushed me up to 100 unique Pokémon caught, so that's cool.

DigtialT

Man, It so weird how much I've stopped playing this game. That tracking bug killed a surprisingly large amount of interest I had in the game. I've tried to use the python script but it just isn't the same.

Saya

Man, It so weird how much I've stopped playing this game. That tracking bug killed a surprisingly large amount of interest I had in the game. I've tried to use the python script but it just isn't the same.

Has Niantic commented on the tracking issue btw?

Now that the servers are mostly stable, I guess they can finally work on that bug.

MANUELF

Banned
It's almost 1 a.m. and I just left my house to track down a Doduo. Pokemon Go, everyone.

... to be fair, they're stupidly rare around here. This was only the second time I've even seen a silhouette of Doduo since the game released. Plus it pushed me up to 100 unique Pokémon caught, so that's cool.

How did you get that much stardust?

Shiggie

they're like flies around here atleast my part of brooklyn

imjust1n

Banned
Fake about legendary, Niantic always announced in advance any big event for Ingress but it's true that there will be a panel at Comic con San francisco.

Well that's not fair....others should be able to get a legendary with a master ball at a certain time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just jumped off the train during a stop (30 seconds) in ordee to capture something I hadn't captured before

Jintor

What is even happening. I can get into the app sometimes but the Pokémon tracker doesn't update. Logged out to reset the tracker and now I'm stuck logging in forever. Again

Oh France came online. Maybe the servers are melting again

shinn623

So just a heads up for Bay Area GAF. There is a Dratini farm in Fremont at Los Cerritos Community Center. You can get around 6 to 8 hour depending on spawns. Not sure if it has already been mentioned or not. Abras are also plentiful.

Not

Banned
Got a Jolteon and a Butterfree! Saw a Persian, too, but ran out of Poké Balls (cryface) Also jumped 2 levels in 30 min. with the help of a lucky egg and backlogged candies.

Not

Banned

Rare around here as well but just got one from an egg :p

Dp sorry

dc89

Damn, a Squirtle appeared nearby but I couldn't get to it in time!

P.S I know the game is only 5 minutes old in the grand scheme of things but would anyone like to guess at when they'll add Gen II - my favourite gen I think.

Should I evolve my 430 CP Ponyta? Or should I wait? My strongest Pokemon is like 510 CP.

What matters is how full the white bar above the Pokemon is, if it's for example 75% full, it'll stay that full upon evolving.

As you level up the CP cap raises so the white bar empties a bit, because of this you should really wait until 20 to evolve anything somewhat rare so as to not waste the candies on something that could be like 40% full later on.

eek5

I think I'm just gonna use a lucky egg when I have 25 Pokemon to evolve. I can't wait any longer.

Don't do it man. There is no point in rushing to 20+. You should take advantage of the easy captures now and stack up a ton of stardust and good IV pokemon to power up then all your evolves to level through the 20s.

Don't do it man. There is no point in rushing to 20+. You should take advantage of the easy captures now and stack up a ton of stardust and good IV pokemon to power up then all your evolves to level through the 20s.

But once you're 20+ you can actually get good CP Pokemon you don't need to waste a ton of stardust on powering up.

eek5

But once you're 20+ you can actually get good CP Pokemon you don't need to waste a ton of stardust on powering up.

I'm not saying to farm 14CP pokemon to dump stardust on. I'm saying farm stardust while pokemon suck and capture rates are high. Why would you want to bypass all the easy captures? Once you're over 20 even pidgey encounters take multiple balls so stardust farming becomes more of a grind

Pachimari

Hmmm, should I wait till I have 45 Pokemon as people have been saying? Or do you suggest I wait till I am a higher level? Because for a while I have been working on getting enough Pokemon to evolve, so that I can level up with 3-4 levels.

pokeball froze while i catched a pokemon i did not had yet... fuck me

now i cant login and i had a incense up...waste of money
Fuck, I know that feeling. You're not alone.

Rumor is December
Where is this rumor coming from? Because that would be a great Christmas present.

eek5

Hmmm, should I wait till I have 45 Pokemon as people have been saying? Or do you suggest I wait till I am a higher level? Because for a while I have been working on getting enough Pokemon to evolve, so that I can level up with 3-4 levels.
It's up to you. Everyone seems to want to rush into high levels but the XP you get from evolving is the same. Getting 60k xp right now is no different than getting 60k xp after you're 20. The big difference is that all your encounters will take more pokeballs and stops give less pokeballs because the loot pool gets diluted by a bunch of different kinds of potions and what not. The net result is the grind takes even longer.

IMO the most efficient 0-20 is to maximize your captures so you can get the most stardust and best IVs rather than trying to get to 20 ASAP.

Chaos17

Sucks. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Here in Japan there's been no server issues at all since release. Or at least I've not experienced any and I've been playing the game for a few mins every couple hours tops.

Seems it has gotten better but now a lot of french have phones that are not compatible even if they've the right android version or IOS, orz...
Like me so instead I've to download apk, lol

Acerac

Banned
It's up to you. Everyone seems to want to rush into high levels but the XP you get from evolving is the same. Getting 60k xp right now is no different than getting 60k xp after you're 20. The big difference is that all your encounters will take more pokeballs and stops give less pokeballs because the loot pool gets diluted by a bunch of different kinds of potions and what not. The net result is the grind takes even longer.

IMO the most efficient 0-20 is to maximize your captures so you can get the most stardust and best IVs rather than trying to get to 20 ASAP.

Wouldn't that run you in to the stardust bottleneck sooner? Great IVs are wonderful, but considering how this game is designed I'd rather have 2 very good mons than 1 great one.

I suppose if you wanted to shoot for absolutely maxed out IVs it'd make sense, but otherwise it just seems like a waste of the resource that is most difficult to renew late game.

So..

If you run into something with a ??? CP, is it pretty much impossible to catch?

Ran into a Wartortle earlier, and even using berries and great balls, could not catch it before it ran, and it's not the first time it's happened.

Poyunch

So..

Ran into a Wartortle earlier, and even using berries and great balls, could not catch it before it ran, and it's not the first time it's happened.

I just assume they're a really high cp. I caught a Rhydon with ??? cp but it took a lot of balls and berries.

Pachimari

Wouldn't that run you in to the stardust bottleneck sooner? Great IVs are wonderful, but considering how this game is designed I'd rather have 2 very good mons than 1 great one.

I suppose if you wanted to shoot for absolutely maxed out IVs it'd make sense, but otherwise it just seems like a waste of the resource that is most difficult to renew late game.
I don't understand the whole IV thing. Can someone explain to me how I calculate the potential of a Pokemon? I feel like I'm missing out if I don't get into it, because I want strong Pokemon.

So..

You can catch it. Just use berries and a great ball if a normal ball doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom