• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Woah, the gym near my apartment has been taken over by Valor which is my team, and the weakest Pokemon there is 103cp. If I beat that one, will I be able to put a Pokemon in that spot?

So the first pokemon on the nearby list being the closest isn't accurate, right?
It's accurate based on my experience.

Pokevision showing closest Pokemon and it doesn't match up, I load the game and something from the bottom row pops up to catch which does match up to Pokevision

Darksol

Just hatched this from a 10km egg :D

b4gSS1P.jpg

Awesome. Mine is significantly worse.

Going to take over a few gyms now!

Busaiku

Well, up to 90 now.
Waiting around a Pokéstop and the 3 step glitch really kills my hype.
The former is really a fault of the latter.

Really hope they fix it by Thursday, or I'm gonna get bored.

woolley

A 10km egg was trying to hatch when I was trying to catch an Eevee and froze my game. Got the Eevee but my egg is gone... so annoying. I don't even need Eevee anymore.

Visceir

Managed to catch a Snorlax today. Was rather surprised to see it pop up. I'm guessing that'll be the first and last wild Snorlax I ever see.

A 10km egg was trying to hatch when I was trying to catch an Eevee and froze my game. Got the Eevee but my egg is gone... so annoying. I don't even need Eevee anymore.

You could try arranging your pokemon by most recent, the 10km pokemon probably still got added to your other pokemons.

A grimer hatched from a 5km egg crashed my game but it still got added to my other pokemon. It's still crashing my game whenever I'm trying to view it though :(

trugs26

I don't think it's cool at all. People are penalized because they don't live in a certain area and can't afford to fly around the world to play a smartphone game.

It makes you appreciate the Pokemon more. If I had everything around me, it wouldn't be as special. Some games won't allow you to access everything based on how much time you spend with the game, or how skillful you are. Those games are designed around time or skill. Pokemon Go is designed around moving around. So it makes sense to have things difficult to get based on travelling. I love this idea. And I love the idea that there are Pokemon I may never get.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pokevision showing closest Pokemon and it doesn't match up, I load the game and something from the bottom row pops up to catch which does match up to Pokevision

The tracker is messed up in the game I think. Found a Tauros in the ravine while I was frantically looking for a seel that it said was nearby. :T

woolley

You could try arranging your pokemon by most recent, the 10km pokemon probably still got added to your other pokemons.

A grimer hatched from a 5km egg crashed my game but it still got added to my other pokemon. It's still crashing my game whenever I'm trying to view it though :(

That's always how I have my Pokemon arranged. The Eevee I was catching is there but nothing from the egg.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
They should just disable the tracker entirely at this point for better server load, and just put a link to pokevision there.

Visceir

Kinda hoping that they will completely revamp the tracker and make it something that could compete with pokevision once they enable it again.

That's always how I have my Pokemon arranged. The Eevee I was catching is there but nothing from the egg.

Does your journal show that you caught the Eevee? Maybe you got the Eevee from the 10km egg :p

woolley

Kinda hoping that they will completely revamp the tracker and make it something that could compete with pokevision once they enable it again.

Does your journal show that you caught the Eevee? Maybe you got the Eevee from the 10km egg :p

Could be but I really doubt that I would hatch an Eevee with the same CP as the Eevee I was trying to catch at the same time.

Articalys

It makes you appreciate the Pokemon more. If I had everything around me, it wouldn't be as special. Some games won't allow you to access everything based on how much time you spend with the game, or how skillful you are. Those games are designed around time or skill. Pokemon Go is designed around moving around. So it makes sense to have things difficult to get based on travelling. I love this idea. And I love the idea that there are Pokemon I may never get.
In a franchise whose main English tagline is "Gotta catch 'em all", you want to... not be able to collect everything? To each their own, but still...
Unless you just mean without trading of some kind.

I hope they don't add pokemon generation by generation. I'd rather them just randomly slip in pokemon from anything. We need the missing evolutions asap. Im not tryna wait till gen 4 for Electabuzz to be useful.

First pokemon on the expanded list is the closest. Far right pokemon on the 3 pokemon list is the closer of the 3

People should also keep in mind that "closest" in distance doesn't include obstacles in your way in my experience. Ive had pokemon be close to me only to realize it was in another neighborhood across the street behind a house I was looking around while the second closest was just down the street where it was actually within a reachable distance.

Toki767

I don't know if people have mentioned this before...but when comparing the python scripts to the nearby list...it looks like the nearby list was actually reversed. So unexpanded, the pokemon to the left is actually the closest instead of the one to the right like at launch.

casiopao

Lol. Now Pokemon GO just show up in my country news program showing how it help many people getting out of house and socialize lol.

This game is a real deal huh.^_^

Missed out on a venosaur that spawned right when I was pulling out of of my local park. My sister got it though. This game is everywhere, it's incredible.

jtrov

3 Pokémons that I don't have are nearby me, but it's too late to catch em now :(

Never thought I'd see someone from Vineland on here lol. Literally just got home from walking up and down Landis ave tonight with some friends where we caught a damn 1133cp Venusaur at the steps leading to city hall. Hunting for a Taurus on our nearby was what brought us there in the first place, but instead we ran into something so much greater.

Sealtest

It's confirmed some cities are missing Pokemon right? I'm living in a city with 275k people and I haven't seen a single Diglet or Sandshrew and after talking to a bunch of people they haven't either.

akileese

At this point it's just random lol

Yeah I'm going with this. I had a Scyther pop on and off the map 4 times in the span of the 30 seconds...without moving. We went to the park and a lot of the stuff we were catching never showed up on radar. Only way to get a current radar is to literally close the app out and reopen it.

Permanently A

It's confirmed some cities are missing Pokemon right? I'm living in a city with 275k people and I haven't seen a single Diglet or Sandshrew and after talking to a bunch of people they haven't either.

You could download one of the trackers, open it with an alt account, set the filter to just Diglet and Sandshrew, and set the radius to the entire city and see if anything pops up.

(I can check if you PM me the city)

Pachimari

I finally managed to get a spot at a gym but that took way more effort than I had anticipated. It's almost as if it is not worth it if all I get is 500 stardust and 10 coins for having 1 Pokémon at a gym for 21 hours.

Unless if I have Pokémon at multiple gyms, and then I get more stardust that way. Then it'll probably be worth it when I got strong Pokémon.

Permanently A

I finally managed to get a spot at a gym but that took way more effort than I had anticipated. It's almost as if it is not worth it if all I get is 500 stardust and 10 coins for having 1 Pokémon at a gym for 21 hours.

Unless if I have Pokémon at multiple gyms, and then I get more stardust that way. Then it'll probably be worth it when I got strong Pokémon.

You don't need to keep a Pokemon at a gym for 21 hours. You can claim the bonus as soon as the Pokemon is added to the gym, it just takes 21 hours until you can claim it again. And yeah, you do get 10 gold + 500 dust per pokemon in a gym, up to 10.

am i really gonna get banned using my real accoutn on one of those trackers

probably not if you're not inputting far away coordinates and jumping between them really quickly

adamy

Banned
In LA, the two absolute best spots I've been to for constant catching and poke stop lures have been the Redondo Beach Pier and the Santa Monica Pier(which I'm heading over to now). People just keep using lures and call out when rare poke appear. It's crazy how many are THIS into it! But I'm loving it :)

I've heard great things about Santa Monica, gonna hit it up next weekend

I need more water Pokemon anyways

mStudios

What application is that?

PM'd

Never thought I'd see someone from Vineland on here lol. Literally just got home from walking up and down Landis ave tonight with some friends where we caught a damn 1133cp Venusaur at the steps leading to city hall. Hunting for a Taurus on our nearby was what brought us there in the first place, but instead we ran into something so much greater.

Lmao, from vineland too?

I've been trying to get a godamn taurus since forever, and everytime it appears on the map I'm either unavailable or it's too late lol

eek5

am i really gonna get banned using my real accoutn on one of those trackers

There is a chance, of course. The tracker authenticates against pogo servers then starts jumping from point to point to triangulate position of the nearby pokemon. From Niantic's perspective you're jumping all over the place.

I wouldn't risk it

Maz

I live in a city of around 1M, it's full of ekans/pidgey/rattata with some rare random stuff here and there. Then I went to the biggest park (12 stops, 2 gyms) and found a bunch of pokemon. All starters including Pikachu pop there, dragonite and other rare pokemon. Between the constant lure and egg hatching I'm currently at 129 seen/caught. So don't lose hope you might have a similar place in your city

Pachimari

You don't need to keep a Pokemon at a gym for 21 hours. You can claim the bonus as soon as the Pokemon is added to the gym, it just takes 21 hours until you can claim it again. And yeah, you do get 10 gold + 500 dust per pokemon in a gym, up to 10.

Yeah that's what I mean. That I need to wait a whole 21 hours to claim it again which doesn't make it worth it to me yet, but might later when I get stronger Pokémon.

Prologue

I was part of central park madness today when an Arcanine popped up. Over a hundred people ran across the street. Straight madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom