• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
pretty good day caught a bunch of new ones today im at 105 caught now and i could of had a nidoking but accidentally evolved nidoran into nidorino instead and i have enough for alakazam but my kadabra is only cp 128 so going to wait till i can get a better one

PSFan

I think that's cool. I like the idea of some locations having certain things while others don't, it adds context to the world.

I don't think it's cool at all. People are penalized because they don't live in a certain area and can't afford to fly around the world to play a smartphone game.

molnizzle

I don't think it's cool at all. People are penalized because they don't live in a certain area and can't afford to fly around the world to play a smartphone game.

There's probably a park or something by your house that's loaded with pokestops. I have nothing by my home, but 10 minutes down the road there's a beautiful park walking trail with 16 pokestops in a 1km circuit. So I gotta go a bit out of my way but once there I can still collect from stops as quickly and often as someone in NYC.

Would be nice to have it right outside my door though.

udivision

Not if it's only trading locally.

Yeah... I'm assuming it's local only too, to be honest...
Maybe it won't be. We'll see, I guess.

I guess there could be some really epic local trade strings originating in one country and ending up in another....

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Yeah, I'm a bit sick of getting the same 10 Pokemon over and over. Seen maps of big cities in America with huge varieties, but fuck all here. Would be good if it wasn't just based on urban density to give everyone a shot at collecting them all. I don't see much point in continuing much longer

Look at the shop page. there is a shield button you can press every 21 hours. It gives you 10 coins + 500 dust for every gym you have a pokemon in.

You dont need to hold it for 21 hours. You just need to be in it when you press the button.

What, I thought you had to hold it for that amount of time first?

That's good news then.

Red Fire

About curveballs:

The 10 xp bonus you get from curveballs aren't actually from throwing curveballs; you just have to hit the side of a pokemon. Sometimes (often for me) it works by throwing straight but hitting its side.

Visceir

About curveballs:

The 10 xp bonus you get from curveballs aren't actually from throwing curveballs; you just have to hit the side of a pokemon. Sometimes (often for me) it works by throwing straight but hitting its side.

You actually just have to hit the ball inside the colored ring for the "nice, great, excellent!" bonus, doesn't have much to do with curving the ball.

Red Fire

You actually just have to hit the ball inside the colored ring for the "nice, great, excellent!" bonus, doesn't have much to do with curving the ball.

That's not what i mean. You can also get 10 xp from curveballs. When you catch the pokemon it says
curveball --- 10 xp.

ryan299

Randomly opened the app to transfer some pokemon only to see a 1152 Snorlax to appear. I'll take it. First good thing to appear by me.

What, I thought you had to hold it for that amount of time first?

That's good news then.
Nope. The timer prevents claiming new coins from claiming new gyms in a short amount of time. If you want more coins per day you need to lead multiple gyms before claiming rewards but that leaves your gyms vulnerable.

Articalys

That's cause Ingress was an urban game and they're building this on top of the Ingress mechanics. It's a fundamental disconnect with what Pokemon represents as a fantasy (rural/wilderness exploration).

As much as I like the game I think they'd have to retool it from the ground up to equalize it for all audiences.
This is a pretty good encapsulation of what I was trying to say.
The Ingress framework just doesn't support a balanced implementation of the Pokemon mechanics.
Yeah, I'm in a suburb as well. But I live a few blocks from the ocean so I do get some decent spawns somewhat often. This morning was the first Charmander I've seen around my neighborhood since the game started, and he was by a pier haha.

I'm looking at mine now and it's just mostly pidgeys, rattattas etc. Niantic really needs to adjust spawn rates. Not so things like Snorlax and Charizard pop every 10 minutes. But maybe Meowths or Pikachus or something else not seen as often.
Agree with this too.

EL CUCO

I play on Android, but I set up an account for my daughter on her iPad mini2. She's CONSTANTLY getting that "GPS not detected" notification. A restart of the app fixes it, but only for a couple minutes.

Anyone else ran into this?

alright did my vaporeon and the list shows this

It's 1698 at level 20 Power Up is 3k and its powered up completely atm and has 166 hp

Do I have like a near perfect Vaporeon or some shit?

So

Vaporeon
CP: 1698
HP 166
Next power up is 3k
It's maxed out completely
I'm level 20.5

No idea what the percentages are
How an IV calculator works is that it takes the known stats (species, CP, HP, dust cost) to try and work out which sets of IVs would have generated those stats. The problem is that sometimes this can lead to multiple possible answers. As such it's showing the various possiblities based off the data it currently has. The online calculator can refine this data further if you upgrade the pokemon once and put the new stats in then click the 'refine' button.

Based on the results you had quoted your vaporean could be anywhere from 40% to 80% perfect IV-wise. The percent is how close your Vaporean is to having the absolute maximum possible IVs (+15 attack, +15 defence and +15 stamina) so for example if it had just 15 IV for one of the three stats and the other two were 0 then it'd be 33% (15 is 33% of 45)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Geminosity recommended I added some IV calculator stuff to the first post. I made buttons to link the two.
Thankies! :D

What are these perfect IVs everyone is talking about?
I tried explaining this a bit at the start of this post but if you're still confused check the FAQ :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tzcmk/faq_on_ivs_info_megathread/

Insane stampede at central park just now. Flareon then 2 mins later an Arcanine. Absolutely insane. Missed the flareon but got arcanine. Crazy shit lol

I play on Android, but I set up an account for my daughter on her iPad mini2. She's CONSTANTLY getting that "GPS not detected" notification. A restart of the app fixes it, but only for a couple minutes.

Anyone else ran into this?

Same thing happens to me and my son. The exact same set up and the exact same problem. If you find a solution let me know.

Insane stampede at central park just now. Flareon then 2 mins later an Arcanine. Absolutely insane. Missed the flareon but got arcanine. Crazy shit lol

I never understand when people stampede for something so common. Arcanine and Flareons are easily gotten hahah. I mean, i'd trample someone for a Dragonite sure, but not an Arcanine.

I am level 22 and have been patiently saving ALL of my dust (I have approx 200k saved up).

I just popped a CP 1765 Snorlax with Lick and Body Slam out of an egg. I don't want to spend any dust or candy on a sub-optimal Pokemon, so I checked these two sites to see how good my Snorlax is:

http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/143
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

So according to these pages, this is a 14 14 15 Snorlax with the two highest DPS moves. Am I missing something or this the real deal? How much better would a Wild Snorlax caught at level 30 be? (assuming similar stats).

Finally, any reason that the other moves might better even though their DPS is lower?

Iceman829

I must be drunk. I look over at my screen that's running the python script and a caterpie is overlapping a rattata and I thought it was an Ivysaur. I started putting my shoes on to run down the road lol

Jintor

Santa Monica is probably causing server hell. I would know.. I'm out here with the wife and 4g for everyone is dying right along with the servers.

I shouldn't have logged out, now it's just loading endlessly on the Google login page... ugh.

The websites are reporting the severs are fine which is really aggravating

Waited and evolved 61 pokemon in one go with a lucky egg up. Went from 16-19. I know I'm essentially just rushing to hit an even worse grind, but I really want to start seeing rarer and higher cp pokemon.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man. The whole random moveset thing is such a pain in the ass. Really wanted Flamethrower for my Arcanine.

L Thammy

I caught over twenty Drowzee today. I'm pretty sure I caught more of those than Pidgey or Rattata.

How do you do the super move?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I caught over twenty Drowzee today. I'm pretty sure I caught more of those than Pidgey or Rattata.

How do you do the super move?

Press and hold the screen when one or more sections of the blue bar under your Pokemon's HP are full.

wmlk

A dozen of us were chasing Dratini based on someone else telling us the location and we actually got it. So cool. Running for a Pokémon and the joy you get from catching it is infectious when everyone else does it too.

Just hatched this from a 10km egg :D

b4gSS1P.jpg

Farewell

I just caught Victreebel, strange thing is it didnt appear on the nearby pokemon list, even if it was pretty close to me, server problems?

I never understand when people stampede for something so common. Arcanine and Flareons are easily gotten hahah. I mean, i'd trample someone for a Dragonite sure, but not an Arcanine.

Arcanine has been very rare for me. Flareon is probably a bit more common since you can find Eevees without too much trouble. I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and it was the first time I saw both Growlithe and Arcanine.

I got so hyped for a Growlithe that I caught earlier. Getting Arcanine a little while after was like icing on the cake. Plus its just fun watching people get so hyped up about it and then caught up in the excitement. Its really festive at times haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom