• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this is random, but my younger brother works at a skate shop, sometimes hes in charge of ordering stock. He saw this board a couple weeks back and ordered it to the shop. They only got one in, and it came like two days after Pokemon Go released, pretty funny coincidence.

trying to figure out if that board is from the same range/company as chris coles zelda board

ViciousDS

Banned
Team instinct here and I've never run into this

Everything has seemed to be in good nature

Yes, my neighborhood has two PokeStops literally next to each other. We literally let folks attempt to take the gym before striking back...... Makes it fair and fun. But we all give playful crap to each other when a different color. I'm instinct.... Easily noticeable by my T-shirt lol. People always give me some minor remark like.... Should have joined mystic! I'll respond back with at least we got the gym! From there it goes into where nearby legendaries or rares are. We were directing each other all night yesterday. I got hitmonlee, porygon and another Charmander in 30 minutes. Nothing is serious and you can tell who's not from the neighborhood when the stop by due to their attitude and then they get a mouth full of words from all 3 teams.

Oreoleo

Apparently, it was released today in Canada but... even the news outlet here in Canada reported on the viral game. Even some of my friends here in Canada were playing the game and I doubt that they loaded the game off somewhere that wasn't Apple's App Store or Google Play. So... What the hell?

You sure about that? Installing an app from outside the Google Play store is completely trivial unlike iOS.

Pilgrimzero

Wow

My co-workers daughter just quit Pokemon go due to some mystic bullies at great America. What the honest fuck. It's a video game. Why do folks feel it's necessary to bully the shit out of an 18 year old because they are on a different team

I've only encountered friendly rivalry but it's funny that people are taking the teams so seriously.

Yes I payed 100 bucks for the collector's edition. And it was unplayable for days. I also upgraded my PC to play it.

This has been spotty for a few days. Relax.

You're still missing the point entirely. Your comparison is irrelevant, as your copy of Diablo 3 was not a consumable. You lost time, but not what you actually paid for. A better example would be buying game time for World of Warcraft, and the servers being down for most/all of the duration.

People have spent real money on items, and have essentially lost them. That's wasted money. And as for your earlier comment regarding it only being a few cents, who are you to decide how much is acceptable for people to be ripped off?

How would you like it if you worked for a huge company, and they underpaid everybody by a few cents, thereby making themselves a ton of extra money on the side? Even if it were an accident, they should give that money back.

That's gonna be a lot of disappointed people because of the servers.

My father already told me that he is just at the point of quitting because the game is a broken mess, I'm almost at that point too since I just wasted 2.5 hours... so I'd say that people are getting disappointed.

SalvaPot

Its disappointing that the servers are dead right now, but to be honest I kind of needed the rest. My legs are killing me. Ordered a Pizza and watching the Hateful 8
while constantly trying to login on my phone because I am hopeless and have to catch em all

Drain You

I want this.

Felt stupid for telling him to bring it home for me since I don't skate. But I figure I'll hang it up in the living room or something.

Did a quick look online, this is the only place I found if you are actually interested.
http://www.cowtownskateboards.com/p...f-HBfMlRyx06rVZDz8kzTDMGGdR4Ynv7VQaAriC8P8HAQ

trying to figure out if that board is from the same range/company as chris coles zelda board

Don't think so. I don't know much though. Board is by Baker, thought that dude was DC

foladar

My father already told me that he is just at the point of quitting because the game is a broken mess, I'm almost at that point too since I just wasted 2.5 hours... so I'd say that people are getting disappointed.

Yea, crazy how much more popular this game could be if it wasn't plagued by server issues since release.

Oreoleo

Yes, I'm sure because they aren't teksavvy at all and go the easy way ie. the stores

That's exactly my point though, you don't need to be tech savvy AT ALL to load an app from outside the Google Play store. All you need is a link (which were being openly posted around the web) and two taps (one to download, one to install after download) and that's it.

There was a guy last thread who was able to download and install the app from outside the store, but then couldn't find the app on his phone because he was THAT new to Android. It is really, really, really ridiculously easy to do.

PSFan

Yea, crazy how much more popular this game could be if it wasn't plagued by server issues since release.

Yeah I know. I'm ready to drop 20 bucks on coins to get lures and incense but am holding off because I don't want to lose anything to the server issues.

Firemind

You're still missing the point entirely. Your comparison is irrelevant, as your copy of Diablo 3 was not a consumable. You lost time, but not what you actually paid for. A better example would be buying game time for World of Warcraft, and the servers being down for most/all of the duration.

People have spent real money on items, and have essentially lost them. That's wasted money. And as for your earlier comment regarding it only being a few cents, who are you to decide how much is acceptable for people to be ripped off?

How would you like it if you worked for a huge company, and they underpaid everybody by a few cents, thereby making themselves a ton of extra money on the side? Even if it were an accident, they should give that money back.
i lost money on diablo 3 because vanilla was a piece of shit before it got fixed and lowered to $20. how hard is this to understand? and i even tried to go through their shit authentication servers at launch week expecting an actual good game. it's like getting shit on top of shit.

Chaos17

If Niantics burn all servers this week, then next week we should began to see the light.

Fox Mulder

I'm close to just giving up on this mess. Shit servers and have lost paid items.

What's the best real pokemon game to play instead?

i lost money on diablo 3 because vanilla was a piece of shit before it got fixed and lowered to $20. how hard is this to understand? and i even tried to go through their shit authentication servers at launch week expecting an actual good game. it's like getting shit on top of shit.
I never had a single issue at D3 launch, I took 2 weeks of vacation time and was not disappointed at all.

Nictel

Lets hope that as the weekend ends, they can do more for server stability. Funny enough, these server downtimes are actually helping the popularity. Last time videogames where in mainstream media was during the Xbox/psn downtime.

masud

Banned
Met some fairly competitive gym gym players last night (instinct represent) they had two gyms in close proximity leveled up to eight and they were strategizing the best sequence of Pokemon types to make it as hard as possible to take down. I tried to help them level a bit but I could barely take down the mon on the first level. Anytime someone came up they would ask what "set" they claimed (not in a bad way just joking around) one time a group came up and didn't answer them and the "leader" of the instinct guys yelled out "squad up" and like 8 guys ran over from the other gym to defend it. Pretty entertaining stuff, and gave me a better appreciation of the gym mechanics.

egruntz

shelaughz
People in here crying their eyes out because they wasted a lucky egg or a lure is hilarious.

This isn't the first time you've dropped by to shit post. People are upset because their money-spent items are being wasted. Rather than Niantic focusing efforts on stabilizing the game, they're causing more problems for everyone by increasing their volume far past what they can currently handle. That's perfectly fine to be upset about.

Sadist

I'm close to just giving up on this mess. Shit servers and have lost paid items.

What's the best real pokemon game to play instead?
If you have a DS Superior Silver/Heart Gold, Black/White, Black 2/White 2 are pretty damn fun.

The 3DS has X & Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire.

Anarion07

This isn't the first time you've dropped by to shit post. People are upset because their money-spent items are being wasted. Rather than Niantic focusing efforts on stabilizing the game, they're causing more problems for everyone by increasing their volume far past what they can currently handle. That's perfectly fine to be upset about.

Whilte he's definitely exaggerating, using one of those paid items - KNOWING the servers are having issues constantly - is not the smartest thing to do.

egruntz

shelaughz
Whilte he's definitely exaggerating, using one of those paid items - KNOWING the servers are having issues constantly - is not the smartest thing to do.

While you can pin that on them, I'd also say Niantic should not be offering paid items at all and processing payment while they know how bad their servers currently are. Goes both ways IMO. If their store is up, people will assume everything is good to go. Not everyone pays attention to the server status and updates on the game's progress.

TheFlow

Banned
Like I said. Neogaf members should of known better especially people who post in this thread.

Lunar FC

Hmm, It's almost like they didn't expect the game to be a cultural phenomenom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom