• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarion07

While you can pin that on them, I'd also say Niantic should not be offering paid items at all and processing payment while they know how bad their servers currently are. Goes both ways IMO. If their store is up, people will assume everything is good to go. Not everyone pays attention to the server status and updates on the game's progress.

People who pay money for Pokemon Go are definitely the kind to have some kind of knowledge of server status, because they most likely play frequently (or try to do so).
And my paid items worked perfectly fine. I just use them when there is less load on the servers. So i definitely want to be able to buy them

IMO they should fully take the game down and do a relaunch in a week or however long it takes them to make a fully working game. It is ridiculous to plan a day and spend all that time not knowing when the game will start being playable again.

Septimius

This isn't the first time you've dropped by to shit post. People are upset because their money-spent items are being wasted. Rather than Niantic focusing efforts on stabilizing the game, they're causing more problems for everyone by increasing their volume far past what they can currently handle. That's perfectly fine to be upset about.

Agreed. Though, I am happy it is out in my country!

Whilte he's definitely exaggerating, using one of those paid items - KNOWING the servers are having issues constantly - is not the smartest thing to do.

It really doesn't matter. While it might not be the smartest thing, we're all hyped for this game, and we want to play. I think they should give all players some of the paid items when these woes are over. It's the same as a poor MMO-launch giving launch players game time as compensation. It's not the consumer's responsibility to estimate the risk in using an item at certain times. While I personally would think twice, I can also see myself doing it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Up in italy as well, no problems in using the Incense either.

adamy

Banned
While you can pin that on them, I'd also say Niantic should not be offering paid items at all and processing payment while they know how bad their servers currently are. Goes both ways IMO. If their store is up, people will assume everything is good to go. Not everyone pays attention to the server status and updates on the game's progress.

That's not fair either. Punishes the people who pay attention to server status and want to buy items. A disclaimer in the shop advising as to server status recently probably wouldn't be a terrible idea though, I guess...but I find it hard to believe that someone committed enough to buy items is ignorant as to the server issues. I personally just make sure to use my items at a specific times of the day.

Anarion07

Agreed. Though, I am happy it is out in my country!

It really doesn't matter. While it might not be the smartest thing, we're all hyped for this game, and we want to play. I think they should give all players some of the paid items when these woes are over. It's the same as a poor MMO-launch giving launch players game time as compensation. It's not the consumer's responsibility to estimate the risk in using an item at certain times. While I personally would think twice, I can also see myself doing it.

There should absolutely be some kind of compensation.
I'm just saying it's not smart to use them right now

Pachimari

Up in Denmark. And there's one with a 182 CP Pokemon at my gym. Maybe I should beat it but I'm already in bed ready to sleep.

dakun

since it's nighttime in Europe i won't be happy until it's working tomorrow during daytime. No sense in being happy if it only works when one part of the world is sleeping/not playing. (it worked today in Germany until like 3-4pm which is the time when the US starts waking up)

Dart

Why does Poliwrath look ugly compared to other Pokémon?...

JZt1ZPc.jpg

Oreoleo

So do levels really just go by 10,000s? like, will I need 100,000 for level 10 and then 110,000 for level 11 and so on?

Not really. There's a couple levels around that range that need the same amount of XP, but it goes up to 15k @ level 15 iirc and then starts DOUBLING basically every level from 20 and onwards (okay that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's pretty close).

See here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4s1cpq/xp_requirements_for_levels_so_far_125/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom