• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

I'm out of town today and I pulled up my phone earlier today to see if there were any Pokemon I hadn't encountered yet in the area. Fuckin' Charmanders errywhere...

Then the servers died and now I have to go home.

One thing's for sure, they aren't getting more of my money until the servers are fixed. That said, I'm willing to give them the time they need, I just hope it's fixed before the end of the month.

What's stupid is that they could fix this problem so easily... All they would have to do is not count time when offline.

adamy

Banned
I can't believe that EVEN WITH all the server issues and everything this is the most fun Ive had gaming since like...idk Diablo 2?

This is actually so different it's not even really comparable

This game is gonna be retarded fun once it's running 100% smoothly

Zafir

I agree. The gyms and battles are pretty stupid tbh. There's no reward except holding onto a gym and some coins. And around here the gyms change really quickly and constantly. I usually just drop a pokemon in an instinct controlled gym if there's room and grab the coins and go on about my hunting and catching.

I feel there's too much of a disparity too. Partly due to how there's loads of pokestops in popular places(ie inner cities, big towns). People in those places have way higher CP pokemon, you just can't compete as someone who lives in a rural town.

Firemind

That's a fucking stupid comparison. You didn't pay $100 and then when the servers sorted themselves out found out you can't play Diablo 3 because your copy was used up.

You lost no money on DIablo 3 being down, only time. People are losing money by the Go servers being down.
Yes I payed 100 bucks for the collector's edition. And it was unplayable for days. I also upgraded my PC to play it.

This has been spotty for a few days. Relax.

Lucumo

I feel there's too much of a disparity too. Partly due to how there's loads of pokestops in popular places(ie inner cities, big towns). People in those places have way higher CP pokemon, you just can't compete as someone who lives in a rural town.

Most definitely. I hope they fix that in the future.

Zafir

Yes I payed 100 bucks for the collector's edition. And it was unplayable for days. I also upgraded my PC to play it.

This has been spotty for a few days. Relax.

I am relaxed.

I just still think it's a stupid comparison. You still lost no money on that launch.

Neither did I, I also bought the CE of Diablo 3 on launch, by the way. :p

TrueBlue

charpunk

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/pokemon-go-down-servers-ddos-attack-hackers-poodlecorp-game-unavailable-a7140811.html

"Pokemon Go down: Hacking group claims responsibility for bringing down game's servers 'with DDOS attack'"

Wonder how much truth there is in this, or maybe just people wanting to get famous for something they didn't do.

It's people trying to take credit for something they didn't do. The servers are dying because of the millions trying to play, not because of some script kiddies.

PSFan

I live in a suburb a few blocks from the ocean. My local public library has 3 pokestops right in front of it, because there's also a park and a monument near it. You could sit there all day spinning all 3 to stock up on stuff which is what I do sometimes lol. And there's also usually people there popping lures as well.

There's also a gym at the park as well. Then there's several more pokestops and gyms around my neighborhood all within a few block radius of my house. But I wouldn't say my town is all that big though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/pokemon-go-down-servers-ddos-attack-hackers-poodlecorp-game-unavailable-a7140811.html

"Pokemon Go down: Hacking group claims responsibility for bringing down game's servers 'with DDOS attack'"

Wonder how much truth there is in this, or maybe just people wanting to get famous for something they didn't do.
Since servers being down has been the norm since the first day, they're just trying to take the credit/attention for it.

Drain You

I was downtown in Shelton with my girlfriend because there are three stops clumped together. Tons of people. We decide to leave around 10pm. As I'm walking out I see my mothers car. Got a pretty funny video of that actually. She's playing Pokemon. I go back to the house and am surprised to see her back after only a half hour. She proceeds to tell me she only came back to charge. All so bizarre. Also I caught a blastoise in my backyard today. Wish the servers would come back.

Zafir

I live in a suburb a few blocks from the ocean. My local public library has 3 pokestops right in front of it, because there's also a park and a monument near it. You could sit there all day spinning all 3 to stock up on stuff which is what I do sometimes lol. And there's also usually people there popping lures as well.

There's also a gym at the park as well. Then there's several more pokestops and gyms around my neighborhood all within a few block radius of my house. But I wouldn't say my town is all that big though.

Yeah, I think the pokespot clusters is probably the biggest thing that causes the disparities really.

Like if you got a group of people just putting constant lures, you could level up way quicker than anyone could naturally. It's pretty insane.

Today is my birthday and I can't play. Rattata's!

I think you mean this is Trubbish...

250px-568Trubbish.png

ViciousDS

Banned
Wow

My co-workers daughter just quit Pokemon go due to some mystic bullies at great America. What the honest fuck. It's a video game. Why do folks feel it's necessary to bully the shit out of an 18 year old because they are on a different team

Drain You

Also, this is random, but my younger brother works at a skate shop, sometimes hes in charge of ordering stock. He saw this board a couple weeks back and ordered it to the shop. They only got one in, and it came like two days after Pokemon Go released, pretty funny coincidence.

Goddamn, I had the game open at the city square, some people had dropped lures, I activated an incense, and got attacked by a Dratini.

It escaped. :'(

TheFlow

Banned
Wow

My co-workers daughter just quit Pokemon go due to some mystic bullies at great America. What the honest fuck. It's a video game. Why do folks feel it's necessary to bully the shit out of an 18 year old because they are on a different team
I have yet to encounter any of this but probably because I would beat some ass. Tell her to walk with a buddy, group, or her dad. They can't be tough if they would pick on a girl

Hoping to go to the meetup at the bean here in chicago after work. Over 8,000 people confirmed going and the photos of the people there right now look fucking nuts.

Chaos17

Dishwalla

Banned
Also, this is random, but my younger brother works at a skate shop, sometimes hes in charge of ordering stock. He saw this board a couple weeks back and ordered it to the shop. They only got one in, and it came like two days after Pokemon Go released, pretty funny coincidence.

I want this.

masud

Banned
I'm out of town today and I pulled up my phone earlier today to see if there were any Pokemon I hadn't encountered yet in the area. Fuckin' Charmanders errywhere...

Then the servers died and now I have to go home.

Where is this magical land?

lt519

Was walking around the morning and one of the Gyms that had a Pokestop nearby had a lure. Went over to check it out and the Gym location (Museum of Science and Technology) had a rep outside saying they spent $100 on lures and are going to be throwing them down constantly.

Oreoleo

Wow

That's so dumb. There was a festival downtown this weekend, went down yesterday and half of everyone is playing Pokemon. Met people of all teams, got confused when a guy was strengthening a blue gym and I offered to help him take it down but we just laughed it off and I left him to his thing. Plenty of tongue-in-cheek "For Valor"s. It was all just in good fun and everyone was willing to help anyone find Pokemon in the area since the 3-step glitch was affecting us all.

It's a shame a few rotten apples gotta spoil it for others.

ViciousDS

Banned
That's so dumb. There was a festival downtown this weekend, went down yesterday and half of everyone is playing Pokemon. Met people of all teams, got confused when a guy was strengthening a blue gym and I offered to help him take it down but we just laughed it off and I left him to his thing. Plenty of tongue-in-cheek "For Valor"s. It was all just in good fun and everyone was willing to help anyone find Pokemon in the area since the 3-step glitch was affecting us all.

It's a shame a few rotten apples gotta spoil it for others.

Yes, it's because she was Valor. I'm seeing if she got trainer names ATM for banning. But it's not really a priority at six flags

adamy

Banned
Wow

Team instinct here and I've never run into this

Everything has seemed to be in good nature

Lebon14

Apparently, it was released today in Canada but... even the news outlet here in Canada reported on the viral game. Even some of my friends here in Canada were playing the game and I doubt that they loaded the game off somewhere that wasn't Apple's App Store or Google Play. So... What the hell?

Zok310

Banned
Can't get past from the load screen for about 3 days now. Said eff it this morning and deleted the game. Will come back in a few weeks after the hype dies and the servers stable enough to actually play the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom