• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
man charmeleon near by but
h3hn4yz

I wish I could move the Character Information and Nearby Pokemon button to the top of the screen instead of the lower corners. I keep on hitting them by accident.

Gandalf

This game is testing my patience. Hopefully the servers settle soon, because being out all day and not being able to play is frustrating for a game you're enjoying. Being able to finally login at 11pm is no good to me really.

orochi91

Started playing about ~10 min ago.

Caught myself a Charmander and Pidgeot (this fucker required ~10 pokeballs).

Amazing start ^_^

The Cowboy

You gotta be kidding me, i get into the game after 2 days and a Pikachu spawns (1st I've seen yet, now level 15) - i hit it with an ultra ball (1st ball thrown) and it jumps out and then runs off.

:(

RyanW

Can someone enlighten me on this on how true this is? I've seen this is other places but just want confirmation?

7b3f48546d617e535c2f9d1660db995a.png

You gotta be kidding me, i get into the game after 2 days and a Pikachu spawns (1st I've seen yet, now level 15) - i hit it with an ultra ball (1st ball thrown) and it jumps out and then runs off.

:(

Yea...thats the swedish pikachu alright. If you are near the border, you should try to catch the norwegian pikachu. Much easier, saves a ton of pokeballs

Saw a Clefable nearby when I lay in bed after the servers went back up. There was grass just around the corner of the apartment, so I got clothed and went out.

Red Clefable at level 13...got away despite many berries and great balls.
wtzgU.gif

Can someone enlighten me on this on how true this is? I've seen this is other places but just want confirmation?

Mr.Mime was on my radar but didn't pop.

Haven't been able to sign in since around 11am UK. Surprised they haven't updated PTC login to remember details like they have for Gmail...

So I haven't gotten through in hours yet my girlfriend did just fine. Are Pokémon Trainer Club logins fucked again (I'm PTC, she's Google) or am I just unlucky/she lucky?

badblue

Gold Member
Finally working in Canada! Vancouver anyways.

Was excited to see on facebook that Pokemon go was finally available in Canada. (Edmonton here)
Was sad that it was right after I got home from my run, and my leg was cramped up and a thunder storm was rolling in.

But I caught a bulbasaur on my kitchen table.

Muku

Hmm, that's interesting. I've not seen any of them except a Tauros at a Gym. (Not even seen Tauros myself for catching though.) So maybe there is some truth to it.

Durden77

I really don't think this game is going to "die". The users will eventually go down a bit for sure, but you can tell the game has already settled in and became so in tune with so many people's lives that it can easily become just an actual new hobby rather than a passing fad.

As long as they iron out all the shit with and and give it regular meaningful updates, this game could potentially be a new way of life for a long time.

Ambitious

Just started playing this.

A few questions:
- Apparently, the point of catching multiple Pokemon of the same kind is to acquire species-specific candy, which is required to evolve it. Is this correct?
- After catching one, there is a "Send" button at the bottom of the stats view. What does it do?
- I have four Pokemon and three eggs, but the header of the Pokemon list says "7/250". So I guess the eggs are already included in the Pokemon count? Huh.

- yes
- give you one candy
- yes

Candy as well?

It gives me one candy? But what about the Pokemon? Where is it sent to?

Well, on the EU side here and I hatched a Mr. Mime for what it's worth. Never seen any of theye in the wild though so I can't say for the validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom