• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

...there's currently more Pokemons in the Santa Monica Pier than in my entire pokedex...and i'm approaching lvl 20

http://abload.de/img/2bzjjs.png[/IMG

i wanna cry[/QUOTE]

It's so unfair.
I wouldn't say I have exhausted everything in my local area but it's approaching.
I have seen on the nearby feature, but not caught the following:

Goldeen, Caterpie, Golbat, Nidoran, Koffing & Oddish.

mugwhump

So has anyone official confirmed whether blanche is male or female? I've heard people saying both. Having flashbacks to E3 2014 with zelda lol.

Yes unfortunaly but that also mean that would be really difficult for them to improuve spawn rate in rural areas. I think a different mechanic should've been put in Pokemon go that would reward players who "explore".

Maybe like a pedometers that after a number of steps will make pokemons have a chance to spawn (more) ? Pedometer will also have been more accurate to hatch eggs.

I was thinking they wouldn't improve spawn rate but rather spawn type. Make rarer pokemon a bit more likely to spawn if there are fewer players nearby, and fewer zubats etc.

Makeda

Is anybody else experiencing an issue with the game where the character will stop moving seemingly like it can't find your GPS signal?
I'm trying to hatch my first egg but the game isn't tracking my movements after a few minutes.

If it helps other GPS apps such as GMaps and ingress work fine, unsure if it's a phone issue or just server issues as the game is a new launch here

I have been saving up my evolutions for a while now since I got 2 lucky eggs for getting to level 20. I think I now have roughly 18 evolutions ready to go with 2 of them being new Pokémon too so with 30,000 xp at the moment it should take me over to level 21.

I was gonna wait longer before using an egg but I figured I would be there forever putting it off and I always have 1 more egg left to use later.

What's annoying though is I still don’t really have any rare mon, no Lapras or Snorlax etc. and I still haven't even got one 10km egg in my travels.
Its starting to get tough taking out gyms, been holding out with a few Hypnos, a couple of Golbats and a Golduck floating between 1,100 and 1000 CP. Starting to find people with rarer mon between 1,200 -1,500 CP at many gyms which means I use up a tonne of potions and revives when taking gyms on.

Yeah they really need to spread the Pokemon out more.
I live in London, one of the biggest cities in the world, work in a really densely populated area, and yet if I go to Pokevision and turn off Pidgeys, Spearows, Ratatas, Zubats and Drowzees hardly anything else shows up.

I just came across a Wortortle, first one I'd ever seen. He was 700CP, I used a Razz Berry and hit him dead on with a Great Ball but he escaped, same thing happened three times then he ran away. So disappointed, there was nothing else I could have done.
If a Pokemon runs away is it gone for good? Like if i reset the game will it appear again (as long as it hasn't despawned)?

spekkeh

Banned
Is anybody else experiencing an issue with the game where the character will stop moving seemingly like it can't find your GPS signal?
I'm trying to hatch my first egg but the game isn't tracking my movements after a few minutes.

If it helps other GPS apps such as GMaps and ingress work fine, unsure if it's a phone issue or just server issues as the game is a new launch here

I frequently have to kill and restart the game because it hangs.

Well, the pokemon gyms around my house are all stuffed to the brim with Dragonites and Snorlaxes, so I think word of the script has gotten out. Shame.

I live in London, one of the biggest cities in the world, work in a really densely populated area, and yet if I go to Pokevision and turn off Pidgeys, Spearows, Ratatas, Zubats and Drowzees hardly anything else shows up.

I just came across a Wortortle, first one I'd ever seen. He was 700CP, I used a Razz Berry and hit him dead on with a Great Ball but he escaped, same thing happened three times then he ran away. So disappointed, there was nothing else I could have done.
If a Pokemon runs away is it gone for good? Like if i reset the game will it appear again (as long as it hasn't despawned)?
I'm in London too, work in the heart of it and you do get a lot of Pokémon but the vast majority are indeed pidgeys, rattatas, zubats and drowzees. You do get some variation but they always feel too spread out (from looking at pokevision) and too few too.

Annoyingly I was about to catch a Nidorina in the wild which would have been a new one for me while I was at the train station but after using 2 ultra balls the game froze on the catch and I didn’t get it :(

number11

ovVmafA.jpg

Damn.. the London Olympic Park seems to be a pretty decent charmander hotspot.

Last night I was at Tower Bridge and found a few Dratinis and a 785 CP Starmie. I think only touristy areas have good Pokemon.

J-Roderton

Just went through 7 pokeballs on a Caterpie and a Clefairy and only caught the first one. These things are getting harder to catch all of the sudden. Shit.

KtSlime

What bullshit. Not everyone can live in a major city or even wants to. Not to mention how completely backwards it is to not be able to find animals in the wilderness. I can't believe my support ticket has been open since day 0 on this issue and there's still just nothing.

You win some you lose some, living in a big city means I can't see the stars at night, living in the sticks means you can't find pokemon.

Had some walks over the weekends and finally managed to get to level 18 (14 on friday) and now 70 different Pokémon in my Pokédex and only 20 more coins to buy an incubator :)

You can open models.py and move this

KqQq0Rb.png

chunk of code into the if block for lured stops. This will modify it to only display pokestops that are lured

Hey, I tried doing this exactly, but get an error, unexpected indent at line 135 pokestops[f['id']] = {.

I'm completely new to python, so I'm not sure what is wrong exactly.

bwjjcJn.png

HMD

Seeing my friend just sitting on his ass and catching all kinds of rare Pokemons in the bay area on his modded app is so disheartening. Are they ever gonna ban these accounts/apps?

Seeing my friend just sitting on his ass and catching all kinds of rare Pokemons in the bay area on his modded app is so disheartening. Are they ever gonna ban these accounts/apps?

I guess once everything is up and running smoothly and they can focus on other things then the servers there will be bans...

Sounds like I need to visit the Olympic Park and Tower Bridge then!
I've only been walking around North London and Shoreditch mainly and I'm just seeing the same ones over and over.

Sh0k

I live in Miami, FL and all the good Pokemons seems to be concentrated in the Downtown area, I did an scan yesterday and at one point there were around 15 Charmanders in Downtown. But don't give up in rare Pokemons, my neighborhood sucks for Pokemon, the usual always is popping out around like Pidgeys, Rattatas, etc and there is only one PokeStop close by but yesterday out of the blue, a 960CP Snorlax appeared right outside my house, we ran outside with my kid and were able to catch it.

Saw a Pikachu and a Kingler while riding shotgun in the car. They weren't on our path, though. :'(

At least I caught enough Weedles to finally evolve a Beedrill.

wishdom

Bans are already happening as we speak.

It's only a matter of time before he gets the hammer.

sophora

Mostly Rattata, Pidgey, Caterpies, Weedle and Eevee where I am (suburbs). I'm next to a body of water so every so often a Poliwag or Goldeen will come by. Methinks variation of Pokemon will be better whenever Niantic decides to release Johto and Hoenn Pokemon. The original 150 are cool and all, but...I'm totally down for having one or two other bird/bug pokemon than the usual pidgey and weedle.

Maximus P

Although I would love for this to happen, I'm yet to see any evidence or news of anyone getting perma-banned.

At the moment, it doesn't bother me too much, but they need to come down hard before they add pvp or trading in future updates.

ViciousDS

Banned

does he live anywhere near the area? Because I know that the tweak on a jailbroken app literally mimics walking itself and no teleporting. You tap on the screen and your dude walks like you normally would to the location. It would be very, very hard to ban those. But if hes constantly telporting to areas then he will eventually get banned.

Widge

Casually glided past a yellow gym today that a couple had emptied out and restored it to yellow before they could get in. It is currently still yellow. Ha.

Acinixys

25% of all spawns logged in the last hour have been Zubat

Please fix the spawns in the suburbs already ;(

Also the Desktop Live Map is insane. To bad there are no rare spawns happening around me

Justified

What bullshit. Not everyone can live in a major city or even wants to. Not to mention how completely backwards it is to not be able to find animals in the wilderness. I can't believe my support ticket has been open since day 0 on this issue and there's still just nothing.

You win some you lose some, living in a big city means I can't see the stars at night, living in the sticks means you can't find pokemon.

Also depends on how many Ingress people you have/had in your area.

We (Ingress players) were able to submit Interesting spots to become portals when we played, which are now the PokeStops, and Gyms.

So the more proactive the Ingress players were in your area, the more XM is concentrated in certain spots, which converted to the more (and rarer) Pokemon

How does leveling and evolving work? If I have a CP 408 bulba but a 609 ivy, should I bother evolving the bulbasaur? What's the multiplier

Mendrox

Only softbans for 20 minutes. No perma bans atm.

How does leveling and evolving work? If I have a CP 408 bulba but a 609 ivy, should I bother evolving the bulbasaur? What's the multiplier

Doesn't matter, because you can upgrade any mon at any trainer level to your max current trainer level.

E.g.

Bulbasur is maxed out at trainer level 7
You level up
Bulbasur can be maxed out again

GulAtiCa

Hatched myself both a Cubone & Poliwag at high CP. And now have my 2nd 10k egg. After my last 5k egg hatches, I'll put it in. Going running tonight, so should hatch by then.

lt519

Hey, I tried doing this exactly, but get an error, unexpected indent at line 135 pokestops[f['id']] = {.

I'm completely new to python, so I'm not sure what is wrong exactly.

Compiler can't read the code because you used a file editor that indented the copy and pasted code differently. Un-indent the code you pasted and use spaces until it lines up properly. It looks right but the compiler is reading the blank spaces of your pasted code differently.

Man that Silicon Valley episode was fantastic. Happens all the time at work, some of us use tabs and others use spaces in our personal scripts.

Or in Notepad++ go to Preferences, Language Menu/Tab Settings, check replace by space and re-paste the code (I think that should work too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom