• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I hatched a Mr. Mime from a 10km egg yesterday. Wouldn't mind to upgrade it a bit but I suspect I'll never see another again.

Meier

I hit level 16 yesterday and didn't get any rewards for it or the icon on the screen. Usually it takes a little while to kick in but it's now been about a day and a little experience since and nothing. Anyone encounter this? Not that it matters much, but it's a little obnoxious.

I just looked up the stuff you get and the numbers are fairly negligible so it's possible I did receive them even if the icon didn't show up, but hard to say really.

Pachimari

So nothing big came out of the ComicCon panel, other than them wanting to make PokeStops into hospitals and stuff like that. I'm just glad they want to take care of their servers first.

Pilgrimzero

Which Golduck should I keep:

The one that has. Confusion and Ice Beam or the one that has Water gun and Hydro Pump? Both same in cp

Kyuur

It's kind of sad to see so many people using the maps on each page knowing full well its cheating/exploiting. Don't think I've seen any other OT on GAF where the general consensus was "yeah use it, even though we know they ban accounts you can just use a dummy lolol".

Had some good fun with this lately. Wish there were more Pokemon at the bigger dog parks we go to within the city but I guess that can't be helped, at least there are a Pokestop or two at each. One of them has 4 along a loop, pretty nice, and some kids set up lures between two which helps with the no-Pokemon problem. Most notable recent catch for me was a Rhyhorn! Been eager to try tackling a gym even though most of them are far higher CP (1000-1500) around here, or at least the top Pokemon is.. not sure how that works, if I get a chance to take out the lower CP guys first maybe I'll give it a whirl. My fiancee is playing with me as well so we can both attack at the same time, not sure if that makes a difference.

I hit level 16 yesterday and didn't get any rewards for it or the icon on the screen. Usually it takes a little while to kick in but it's now been about a day and a little experience since and nothing. Anyone encounter this? Not that it matters much, but it's a little obnoxious.

I just looked up the stuff you get and the numbers are fairly negligible so it's possible I did receive them even if the icon didn't show up, but hard to say really.
same thing happened to me. I never received my awards for getting to 16

pLow7

It's kind of sad to see so many people using the maps on each page knowing full well its cheating/exploiting. Don't think I've seen any other OT on GAF where the general consensus was "yeah use it, even though we know they ban accounts you can just use a dummy lolol".

Had some good fun with this lately. Wish there were more Pokemon at the bigger dog parks we go to within the city but I guess that can't be helped, at least there are a Pokestop or two at each. One of them has 4 along a loop, pretty nice, and some kids set up lures between two which helps with the no-Pokemon problem. Most notable recent catch for me was a Rhyhorn! Been eager to try tackling a gym even though most of them are far higher CP (1000-1500) around here, or at least the top Pokemon is.. not sure how that works, if I get a chance to take out the lower CP guys first maybe I'll give it a whirl. My fiancee is playing with me as well so we can both attack at the same time, not sure if that makes a difference.

Normally im with you in this.

But the Game is extremely buggy and the In-Game method which helps you find the Pokemon ( the foodsteps ) is not working.
So i don't see any problem with using things as Pokevision in the current state of the game.

jennetics

My fiancee is playing with me as well so we can both attack at the same time, not sure if that makes a difference.

Attacking a gym with multiple people is recommended. I took down a 1300 Vaporeon with the help of two of my buddies. Not sure I could've done it without them.

Finally was able to evolve my Eevee. Also caught an Abra and a Kadabra from my room.

13754632_1268377159841458_2142060000865870084_n.jpg

Kyuur

Normally im with you in this.

But the Game is extremely buggy and the In-Game method which helps you find the Pokemon ( the foodsteps ) is not working.
So i don't see any problem with using things as Pokevision in the current state of the game.

The people making the tools are to blame here; they could have easily used the API to replicate the footsteps but instead chose to go overboard and add more and more "features" with exact map coordinates, despawn timers, etc.

I really shouldn't be annoyed since it doesn't affect the core of my experience too much.. but for gyms I feel it kind of does. FOTM attitude is already appearing (hello Vaporeons) and the maps help people hunt down the "correct" Pokemon with incredible precision. Its offset right now by the sheer number of uninformed players but that could change in a couple of months when/if casual players start dropping out. Maybe enough time for Niantic to come up with a better solution but I dunno. I don't think people are going to stop using these tools when Nearby gets fixed if the community makes them so mainstream.

Attacking a gym with multiple people is recommended. I took down a 1300 Vaporeon with the help of two of my buddies. Not sure I could've done it without them.

Good to know! Curious what kind of CP you had? I'm still pretty low, 300~ is going to be about the highest I get.

Yeah you should be able to pretty easily with a fast attacking pokemon.

Are there fast Pokemon in general or is more dependent on the moveset?

Septic360

Banned
Dammit I need to stop spending money on pokecoins. I feel like such a filthy whore afterwards....

but the bag upgrade is a nice touch

There are zero spawns in either of the two dog parks where I live. Initially when the game came out I was kind of excited because I had kind of assumed that spawns would be a bit based on the persons location. I had kind of figured that the dog parks would have a ton of Growlithes and maybe Eevees and Vulpixes depending on how flexible they wanted to be.

There's also a small rock quarry here where I assumed I'd see Geodudes and Onix. I'd honestly be cool with the way more rural spawns worked if their were fun location based nests. Instead I have two Hitmonlee nest on private golf courses in my area and a Voltorb nest of all things in a park kind of in the middle of nowhere.

How cool would it be if one of the big national parks in Utah had a Charizard nest in it? Or if some parks in volcanic areas had Magmars? or if a park over a former landfill had Grimer and Muks? Or if near local utility plants there were tons of Electrobuzz. Or if one the bison preserves had Taurous all over the place? If the expectation is to make player really travel to find new stuff at least have the places they travel to make sense.

I don't know maybe that would have required too much work to set up or ask too much of the playerbase.

Kyuur

I don't know maybe that would have required too much work to set up or ask too much of the playerbase.

I assume this is the main reason its the way it is (other than being based off Ingress which was an 'urban' game to begin with) -- most of the player base will be in cities and they want people in cities to be able to get a lot of Pokemon without a ton of traveling.

I would like to see them fix the distribution a bit, even if not as grandoise as people like you and I depicted in our mind's eye before the game released. At the very least to help out people who live in rural areas.

PSFan

The people making the tools are to blame here; they could have easily used the API to replicate the footsteps but instead chose to go overboard and add more and more "features" with exact map coordinates, despawn timers, etc.

I really shouldn't be annoyed since it doesn't affect the core of my experience too much.. but for gyms I feel it kind of does. FOTM attitude is already appearing (hello Vaporeons) and the maps help people hunt down the "correct" Pokemon with incredible precision. Its offset right now by the sheer number of uninformed players but that could change in a couple of months when/if casual players start dropping out. Maybe enough time for Niantic to come up with a better solution but I dunno. I don't think people are going to stop using these tools when Nearby gets fixed if the community makes them so mainstream.

Good to know! Curious what kind of CP you had? I'm still pretty low, 300~ is going to be about the highest I get.

Are there fast Pokemon in general or is more dependent on the moveset?

You don't need map to find Eevees, they are everywhere. It's really easy to get a good Eeveelution. So the map programs don't affect your experience at all.

Kyuur

You don't need map to find Eevees, they are everywhere. It's really easy to get a good Eeveelution. So the map programs don't affect your experience at all.

You're right -- but that's right now, which is why I said flavor of the month. If we receive balance patches, new Pokemon, etc etc.. it could change. It's about affecting the game's longevity.

Septic360

Banned
Any chance you bought the Pokemon-Bag upgrade? Is it possbiel to hold more eggs then?

Yeah I bought it twice. Doesn't seem to increase egg capacity I'm afraid.

Anyone in the UK having server issues? I'm just getting 'GPS signal not found' on the loading screen.

Not here. I'm in the game. Haven't logged out though (afraid to do so!)

EDIT- Nope actually the servers are struggling now. Its constantly loading

I woke up and saw that a Snorlax is nearby. He's my most sought after Pokemon. All of a sudden the game crashes and I can't get back in. After a full weekend of zero issues, this happens. So frustrating.

jennetics

I had a 1095 Vaporeon and a 947 Snorlax that I used. The three-way gangup was more for my friends sake because they were both too under-leveled to take on the gym by themselves.

panda-zebra

I woke up and saw that a Snorlax is nearby. He's my most sought after Pokemon. All of a sudden the game crashes and I can't get back in. After a full weekend of zero issues, this happens. So frustrating.

Never mind, this is just a dream. You'll wake up for real soon and the radar will all be zubats and pidgeys.

Durden77

Servers acting funky for me today. Taking a while to log in and some sluggish atuff happening in the game, and I just had my first Pokeball freeze in like a week.

Edit : And now another one. Great.

Chaos17

Servers acting funky for me today. Taking a while to log in and some sluggish atuff happening in the game, and I just had my first Pokeball freeze in like a week.

Edit : And now another one. Great.

French server did acted up a bit unstable while other servers seemed all green yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom