• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Went out shopping yesterday and got some new Pokemon, all weak but whatever!
hS3NbKll.png
F8tyC6ml.png

FvtKGwil.png
GhE8kw4l.png

izAVkI4l.png
IOHrCfQl.png

Nothing like being in the middle of town with everyone on Google accounts catching Electabuzz and Abra and I'm stuck here unable to authenticate on my garbage Pokemon Trainer Club account.

pringles

Normally im with you in this.

But the Game is extremely buggy and the In-Game method which helps you find the Pokemon ( the foodsteps ) is not working.
So i don't see any problem with using things as Pokevision in the current state of the game.
This very much.

Me and the GF were out hunting last night. We saw an Omanyte in the nearby list. Tried chasing it down for a bit but no luck. Popped up pokevision and we found out it was basically in the exact opposite direction of what the game implied. When we were close to where Pokevision said it was, we split up on different sides of a building to track it down, she actually ended up missing out on it because she followed the nearby list while I just kept going based on pokevision and caught it with seconds left on the timer.

As long as the in-game tracking is as broken as it is, I'm using pokevision.

domlolz

Banned
It's kind of sad to see so many people using the maps on each page knowing full well its cheating/exploiting. Don't think I've seen any other OT on GAF where the general consensus was "yeah use it, even though we know they ban accounts you can just use a dummy lolol".

dont be such a sanctimonious dweeb, if the nearby feature worked most people wouldnt have to resort to using them

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
This very much.

Me and the GF were out hunting last night. We saw an Omanyte in the nearby list. Tried chasing it down for a bit but no luck. Popped up pokevision and we found out it was basically in the exact opposite direction of what the game implied. When we were close to where Pokevision said it was, we split up on different sides of a building to track it down, she actually ended up missing out on it because she followed the nearby list while I just kept going based on pokevision and caught it with seconds left on the timer.

As long as the in-game tracking is as broken as it is, I'm using pokevision.

i still count it as cheating use your jedi force powers like i gotta do i chased a kabuto for at least 10 minutes looking like a maniac at the beach was worth it

Kyuur

I had a 1095 Vaporeon and a 947 Snorlax that I used. The three-way gangup was more for my friends sake because they were both too under-leveled to take on the gym by themselves.

Good to know! With the level we're at I wager it would still be a struggle to win even ganging up but a couple more days and we might be able to make it work. How do gyms with multiple Pokemon work, do you start with the weakest one and work your way up?

gardfish

Visited NYC for the first time since Go came out yesterday...the variety of wild Pokemon around compared to the suburbs is INSANE.

Iceman829

Nice it looks like Citi Field in NY has a group of pokestops and a gym. My company is going to a game this week, so It will be nice to get paid to watch some baseball and capture pokemon all day. I'll have to make sure I bring my portable chargers. I know the train ride in should be a nice way to stock up on items since most if not all the NJ transit stops seem to have pokestops on them and I'm guessing Penn Station should have stuff while I wait for the rest of my office to show up.

Has anyone had any issues bringing portable chargers into MLB/sports stadiums in the past? I don't think there would be an issue, but I thought I would ask.

I'm also going down to Seaside in NJ this weekend because my friends are back in the state and wanted to go down there and roam the boardwalk and see what pokemon we can find.

I woke up and saw that a Snorlax is nearby. He's my most sought after Pokemon. All of a sudden the game crashes and I can't get back in. After a full weekend of zero issues, this happens. So frustrating.
Depending how trading goes if you don't have 1 by the time trading comes out ill give you one if I can

Glix

Nice it looks like Citi Field in NY has a group of pokestops and a gym. My company is going to a game this week, so It will be nice to get paid to watch some baseball and capture pokemon all day. I'll have to make sure I bring my portable chargers. I know the train ride in should be a nice way to stock up on items since most if not all the NJ transit stops seem to have pokestops on them and I'm guessing Penn Station should have stuff while I wait for the rest of my office to show up.

Has anyone had any issues bringing portable chargers into MLB/sports stadiums in the past? I don't think there would be an issue, but I thought I would ask.

I'm also going down to Seaside in NJ this weekend because my friends are back in the state and wanted to go down there and roam the boardwalk and see what pokemon we can find.

If I'm not mistaken the 7 train is above ground for most of the ride so you should do well just on that.

As far as Penn goes you may have to go outside even when i have internet sometimes it can't locate me with the gps when I am underground.

Edit 2 - The stadium is right by a park, and water, and industrial, so you may get a good mix of mons.

EDIT - Lets Go Mets, baby!

lt519

Visited NYC for the first time since Go came out yesterday...the variety of wild Pokemon around compared to the suburbs is INSANE.

I live in a small city, and visited Chicago this weekend. Even the jump from a small city to a large city is absolutely insane.

I quit using my Google login because of the permission issues on iOS. I really wished they'd sort out whatever causes the PTC login in service to crash all the time. That or fix the permission issues and enable trading, so I can use the Google login. This is kind of ridiculous.

Arrrammis

I quit using my Google login because of the permission issues on iOS. I really wished they'd sort out whatever causes the PTC login in service to crash all the time. That or fix the permission issues and enable trading, so I can use the Google login. This is kind of ridiculous.

They fixed the Google login permissions issues on IOS in the patch a week or so ago, IIRC.

-used a lucky egg before evolving a bunch of pkmn I have sitting around
-evolved three
-game freezes on third one
-can't log back in

🙃

Sis wants to change team to be in the same one as her son. They didn't know about being able to fight together when picking teams. She doesn't mind losing her Pokemon.

Just delete the game, make a new Google account and sign up with that, is the simplest way, right?

They fixed the Google login permissions issues on IOS in the patch a week or so ago, IIRC.

Oh cool I'd still like to trade at least my Pokemon over to my Google account. I've caught so much more stuff on the PTC one. Ideally Id like to do like a one time account migration since there's like an 11 level discrepancy between the two accounts plus all the candies I have, but I'd be satisfied with just trading over the rarer stuff.

Iceman829

If I'm not mistaken the 7 train is above ground for most of the ride so you should do well just on that.

As far as Penn goes you may have to go outside even when i have internet sometimes it can't locate me with the gps when I am underground.

Edit 2 - The stadium is right by a park, and water, and industrial, so you may get a good mix of mons.

EDIT - Lets Go Mets, baby!

Thanks! That's good to know. I haven't been to NY since the game released so those hunting tips will come in handy. Usually I get to Penn early and then everyone takes the train together since most of the older people don't understand where to go and what train to ride. I'll have to run upstairs and grab any stops nearby if I can. I'm currently 79/80 on the pokedex and about 5k from lvl 20, so I'm hoping to get something cool and maybe some new things while in NY.

MajorMane

Sis wants to change team to be in the same one as her son. They didn't know about being able to fight together when picking teams. She doesn't mind losing her Pokemon.

Just delete the game, make a new Google account and sign up with that, is the simplest way, right?

You can just sign out of the app and that might allow her to sign in with a different account.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

its the only way you cant switch teams

CrazE

Banned
My game has decided to have any sound coming from it now. Had a new update for my iPhone.. not sure if that's the reason. But sucks. Can't hear shit!

Septic360

Banned
My game has decided to have any sound coming from it now. Had a new update for my iPhone.. not sure if that's the reason. But sucks. Can't hear shit!

You don't really need sound in this though. I have it turned off anyway (as do most people I know)

Compiler can't read the code because you used a file editor that indented the copy and pasted code differently. Un-indent the code you pasted and use spaces until it lines up properly. It looks right but the compiler is reading the blank spaces of your pasted code differently.

Or in Notepad++ go to Preferences, Language Menu/Tab Settings, check replace by space and re-paste the code (I think that should work too).

Maybe tabs vs spaces

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom