• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

It was probably just in fun / for atmosphere. Would make a great screenshot heh.

Probably. I guess after the silly girl got hit by a car going to highway or whatever, whole thing has irked me. Then again tired of folks not taking responsibility for things anymore. But I digress.

lt519

What do those percentages mean?

Also, separately, should I be leveling my pokemon before evolving them? Does it matter?

Unless you are just min/maxing for fun don't worry about IV. It's a metric based on hidden attributes that can tell you your attack/defense potential power of a Pokemon you have when it's fully leveled. In other words two fully leveled and maxed out Eevee's could have completely different Attack and Defense paramters. Based on CP/HP and other stats available they've made calculators that can guess at what potential a non-max level Pokemon has in those categories.

For competitive Pokemon it is a must, for Pokemon GO it probably means one less/more tap at a gym.

For leveling whatever % of the bar you are at for 1st stage is the % of the bar you will evolve too (so say 20 out of 100 will evolve to 200 out of 1000). 1st stage and evolved stage will still require the same number of stardust and candy to level to max (1st stage it may increase 10 per candy but evolved it may be 100 per candy, which is the same proportion so it doesn't matter when you evolve).

Ehh, stuff like that seems a bit silly. Unless all those folks didn't know as long as he is on your map you can just tap him and bring him up to catch.

I doubt it popped up on the map for everyone prior to going into the tide. You're giving the game too much credit lol

Ehh, stuff like that seems a bit silly. Unless all those folks didn't know as long as he is on your map you can just tap him and bring him up to catch.
Judging by the ring, it looks out of range from dry land so it wouldn't have even popped up until you get closer (and in the water).

gutshot

For those who've bought the extra bag space, is it a one time purchase? Or can you keep buying it over and over again to expand your bag by 50 items for 200 gold each time?

Muku

Judging by the ring, it looks out of range from dry land so it wouldn't have even popped up until you get closer (and in the water).

You don't even have to be in the ring for stuff to pop up. At least I've not had to have something within the ring to pop up. I've been on bus on highway and on an overpass and down below and out of range of my ring a Pokemon will pop up. Of course, I guess it could also be the GPS being flakey and giving credit when it shouldn't?

For those who've bought the extra bag space, is it a one time purchase? Or can you keep buying it over and over again to expand your bag by 50 items for 200 gold each time?

You can keep buying it. I've bought 2 upgrades of bag space yesterday. 50 slots for every 200 coins.

Muku

Regarding bag space, brings up a question I had after buying two upgrades for it yesterday. What is the max space you can get?

A water pokemon sort of regularly spawns in the center of a small lake with gators here. The lake is small enough and the spawn is close enough to shore that you don't have to put yourself at risk to catch it, but someone is probably going to fall in one day. A dratini spawned there once!
Yeesh, that seems dangerous. But a dratini?! I can see why no one has reported it yet!

You don't even have to be in the ring for stuff to pop up. At least I've not had to have something within the ring to pop up. I've been on bus on highway and on an overpass and down below and out of range of my ring a Pokemon will pop up. Of course, I guess it could also be the GPS being flakey and giving credit when it shouldn't?

In my experience, the ring has to be touching it. There's a spawn on the other side of the block I live on and the only time a pokemon pops up is when my GPS flakes out and takes my character there. It's literally like 50m away at all times, but it never spawns if my GPS is working properly. It sucks because I can only imagine how many spawns I'm missing because I'm living JUST out of range lol

Firemind

Regarding bag space, brings up a question I had after buying two upgrades for it yesterday. What is the max space you can get?
I have no idea. All I know is I need pokeballs pretty much constantly. I doubt I need that much storage for potions and shit.

jmizzal

Found a Level 369 Scyther outside my job, lol i'm just level 9, my biggest Pokemon find

Also Pokemon Safari today at Jaguars Everbank Field in Jacksonville today

Muku

I have no idea. All I know is I need pokeballs pretty much constantly. I doubt I need that much storage for potions and shit.

I dump revives and potions when I can. Once I got Hyper Potions, I dumped all Supers. I plan on going Gym hunting again today to get rid of a lot of potions. I have a severe Pokeball issue at this point where they keep giving me Revives and Potions, no matter how much I dump.

Even when I do tackle gyms I find I don't really even need revives because they generally tend to take them out with a little HP left. I've only ever had to revive two Pokemon ever. Also trying to use the incense I have up and working on using the temp incubators. Gotta clean this stuff up. But at this point I have lots of room now.

I imagine it's the same for Pokemon? 200 coins for 50 more slots for them?

TheContact

Apologizes if this was asked already but what does it mean when there's a blue "aura" around some Pokemon in the view list?

On a side note, my local park was having a "Pokemon walk" event where it would start at the park and go all the way downtown. Over 1k people signed up and now the city / police is trying to shut it down.

Red Fire

This happened 3 times today and i have never seen this before:

When catching a pokemon, while the pokemon was in the ball shaking, 3 white symbols appeared on the side of the screen, one in the middle one on top and one on the bottom. I think the one in the middle was a triangle or a an arrow or something and the others were a little different.

Does anyone know what that is?

When catching a pokemon, while the pokemon was in the ball shaking, 3 white symbols appeared on the side of the screen, one in the middle one on top and one on the bottom. I think the one in the middle was a triangle or a an arrow or something and the others were a little different.

I've had this before. To me it seems to look like a UI bug, it looks like the android touch buttons (back, home and apps) but on the horizontal axis.

Darryl

Banned

yea it's a common glitch. was probably a relic from the AR of game's past. probably some "look over this way to find the pokemon" thing

MajorMane

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. Those symbols appear when you use AR to catch a Pokemon and move your phone so that you no longer see the Pokemon. (They show you where the Pokemon is.)

So if you don't have AR on and they pop up, it's just a weird glitch.

Costia

The AR markers you usually see only when AR is on?

Lexxon

Those are the symbols that normally signify that you need to turn your phone/body to see a Pokemon in AR mode. Sometimes they glitch out and show when catching a pokemon, in the first app version it used to happen to me about half the time it would lock up on the pokeball closing.

oakenhild

In my Uber, on the way back to the airport at the end of my trip to New York City, I hit more pokestops than I would at home in a couple of weeks.

NYC is at a whole different level when it comes to this game. The "game world" sort of feels empty now that I'm home. Motivation isn't quite there to play as much anymore knowing how insane this game is in the middle of large cities.

Lures, lures everywhere.

LucaMac

I thought that IVs remained static after evolution? I had a 100% IV weedle that I hatched from an egg. Evolved it and now it says its 80% - 90%?

lt519

In my Uber, on the way back to the airport at the end of my trip to New York City, I hit more pokestops than I would at home in a couple of weeks.

NYC is at a whole different level when it comes to this game. The "game world" sort of feels empty now that I'm home. Motivation isn't quite there to play as much anymore knowing how insane this game is in the middle of large cities.

Lures, lures everywhere.

Yup my motivation dropped when I got back home from my trip to Chicago. It was just nuts, and crazy varied there. I kind of had already exhausted all the Pokemon types at home too. It's likely going to be a game I turn on when I'm in new areas as opposed to intentionally going out on hunts in my local Downtown area.

Durden77

Game's working like garbage for me today. Pokeball freezes everywhere. Really hard to go back to this after how well it worked the past week.

Red Fire

Ohhh gotcha thanks guys. I turned off AR mode so i didn't know.

On another note, made nice progress today. Caught almost 90 pokemon, 2 or 3 of which i didn't have. Took my bike and rode to a castle that is surrounded by a sea. So many pokestops there. There were over 100 people there playing, that's something rare to see in my not so big hometown. Lots of water pokemon and rare-ish stuff. Was cool. Also hatched a couple of eggs and supported 2 gyms (so 20 coins), collected lots of balls i had run out of before, and leveled pretty good and now I'm almost level 21.

Was a good day.

Harmen

Lures, lures everywhere.

Yeah noticed the same. At my parental house there is no special location whatsoever. Not nearby at least. In Amsterdam, they are everywhere.

Is there any advantage at playing in some rural/wild area? (like, other types of Pokemon, more rare ones etc?). Or is it simply more boring in less lively places.

great. tried jailbreaking my iphone and ran into some issues. Now I can't play. LOL.

what am I going to do at work, can't fully restore my phone because the damn software update is slow.

great. tried jailbreaking my iphone and ran into some issues. Now I can't play. LOL.

what am I going to do at work, can't fully restore my phone because the damn software update is slow.

First rule of thumb when attempting to jailbreak:

"Will I be risking missing out on Pokemon Go time?!"

If yes, do not proceed.

LucaMac

you can't pinpoints its ivs just from a hatched egg. you need to power it up to lower the range of ivs.

There was only one option though according to the app for the stats it had and it was 100%.

Edit: Nevermind. I reinput the scores for the weedle as I remember it and its matching up now. Annoyed. Must have had one digit wrong somewhere.100 % :( It's 88 which isn't too bad but I'm much less likely to invest in it now.

There was only one option though according to the app for the stats it had and it was 100%.

Edit: Nevermind. I reinput the scores for the weedle as I remember it and its matching up now. Annoyed. Must have had one digit wrong somewhere.100 % :( It's 88 which isn't too bad but I'm much less likely to invest in it now.
88's pretty good. One thing about IVs is that a lot of people probably don't realise how rare these super IV creatures are :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4uje6l/ivs_the_odds/

So I wouldn't be too down on 88%: you're still in the rare top 22 percentile :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did I seriously bike my ass to this fucking trifecta spot to then see my anus get fucked by the servers?

I swear I want to kill someone

Been a rough day running the app. Constant freezes, GPS errors, and store not wanting to load. Took twice as long to get my 50 gym coins as usual. Barely got any pickups while I was out either. Just when I was getting used to it running smooth. :'(

Nice sign Lake City PD
CoO4gKnWgAADwnB.jpg

Growlie19

Finally caught a second Staryu, along with another Jigglypuff and Clefairy. I also took back a Valor gym with the help of someone who pulled over beside it. Can't let Valor have all the fun in town! Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna head over to a local park and really stock up on balls. I'm down to like 15 total. D:

And I too have been getting the Poké Ball freezes. But both times I caught it, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom