• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol my bad, I meant trainer level 30. I am a lowly 21 in comparison.

Oh wow. Yeah that's crazy. In my small town, I'm 18 and that's pretty good still. My highest friend is 25/26 but he travels to L.A. like twice a month and he's out all hours of the day to play.

I just spend like 3 hours a week on the game at the moment, as cardio :p

adamy

Banned
this guy just popped up on my desk at work...pissed about his cp tho :(

image.png

Dinokill

When is the best time to evolve pokemons? I have a Tentacool with almost 400 cp with the curve almost maxed out. Should I evolve it now or wait until I max out the CP curve? I'm really confused about this

Mzo

When is the best time to evolve pokemons? I have a Tentacool with almost 400 cp with the curve almost maxed out. Should I evolve it now or wait until I max out the CP curve?

Doesn't matter, they'll end up in the same place. Wait for a high CP one to use less stardust, maybe an XL for more damage with good moves.

(mat)

When is the best time to evolve pokemons? I have a Tentacool with almost 400 cp with the curve almost maxed out. Should I evolve it now or wait until I max out the CP curve? I'm really confused about this

The CP curve gets bigger as your trainer level goes up.

zoukka

How can you tell the stats of each pokemon? I caught a Kingler and he hits as fast as I can tap him, while other pokemons hit very slow.

Chaos17

No walk for me today, my body is kinda telling me now : "I'm too tired" lol
I guess changing suddenly my daily habit isn't that simple, I hope tomorow I will have recovered.

giphy.gif

When you evolve it at a certain % of its max cp, it maintains that % through evolution. So its better if you can max it first, then evolve. (Might not be exactly same % but its close enough)

Also probably dont do it it till trainer level 20+ Since itll be harder to level your trainer level and wont feel as bad when you evolve it.

idonteven

wasted 40 balls on a pokemon that seemed miles away and i could not make seem to trow it far enough to catch it

ffs...half of the balls curved while i was trowing in a straight line

Durden77

I just had a message saying "The Pidgey broke free!" when a pidgey popped out of a ball. Never seen that before. Combined with the servers acting a little funny today, maybe they're working on them to add stuff or something?

Matbtz

wasted 40 balls on a pokemon that seemed miles away and i could not make seem to trow it far enough to catch it

This is the most annoying thing ! I left 2 pidgeot because I couldn't hit them properly, maybe 1/10 of my throws touched them. Hate those curveballs (especially with superball)

I had this happen last night as well while trying to catch a Tauros. Not sure what's going on...

Chaos17

I will say that I'm following closely on Twitter Pokemon go hastag and so far Frenchs are the most annoying and anti Pokemon Go from all other countries that have been released.

They spam as much as they can their dislike and are making the same meme: "people who're playing pokemon go should get a job instead!"
The unemployed are poorly regarded in France for various reasons and those haters think no one else play this game... really hatefull meme

No wonder that business are shy to take advantages of this social buzz.
Fortunaly securities (firefighters and policemen) aren't like them and try to communicate at least.

I finally got a decently iv'd pokemon... hatched a few eggs on my lunchbreak.

got a 87% Magnemite and a 95% Drowzee. Hypno is one of my favorites so I'm pumped about him!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I finally got a decently iv'd pokemon... hatched a few eggs on my lunchbreak.

got a 87% Magnemite and a 95% Drowzee. Hypno is one of my favorites so I'm pumped about him!

What do those percentages mean?

Also, separately, should I be leveling my pokemon before evolving them? Does it matter?

PSFan

This is weird. I've been in the game all morning. For the past couple of hours I've been getting the unable to connect to server message and just keep tapping reply. The weird thing is Pokemon are still spawining. There's two Rattatta standing by me while I'm trying to log back in.

Matbtz

I will say that I'm following closely on Twitter Pokemon go hastag and so far Frenchs are the most annoying and anti Pokemon Go from all other countries that have been released.

They spam as much as they can their dislike and are making the same meme: "people who're playing pokemon go should get a job instead!"
The unemployed are poorly regarded in France for various reasons and those haters think no one else play this game... really hatefull meme

Fortunaly securities (firefighters and policemen) aren't like them and try to communicate at least.

I saw a lot of narrow minded people comments on news articles on FB as well...But this happens for every news topic so... Anyway "on the field" that's not the same, since the game launched in US and (obviously) even more now, I see a looot of people playing and enjoying the game.

Glix

I overdid it on lunch. I came back to the office drenched and now the a/c is making me shiver.

Stupid game lol. Finally got a 10km egg though!

Muku

Geez. What is it with PTC that it has such horrible login issues? I wish I'd just done mine under Google. I only did PTC cuz I like all my Pokemon stuff under one roof, but if I'd realize they'd have such issues. Ugh.

Also, I wish Niantic, in a future update WOULD MOVE THE SIGN OUT BUTTON. I know they want you to be able to sign out during login issues, but WHY would you put it in the middle of the screen where you have to press buttons to RETRY. Have to very carefully press around it. And sometimes it takes several presses. I have accidentally hit it before and signed out which made me even more frustrated.

All I wanted to do was see if we still own the gym I left Hypno at. ;_;

Mafro

The random curve ball thing is really cheap. They've clearly done it so you just waste poke balls and try to get you to buy some.

Also, separately, should I be leveling my pokemon before evolving them? Does it matter?

Each pokemon has a set of initial values assigned to it to determine how strong it can potentially be. Two eevees are not the same. My Drowzee is 95% of the possible power a drowzee could be. He's in the top 5% of Drowzee.

KtSlime

I just had a message saying "The Pidgey broke free!" when a pidgey popped out of a ball. Never seen that before. Combined with the servers acting a little funny today, maybe they're working on them to add stuff or something?
I'm convinced that the wind affects how the ball flies when thrown.

Missed out on a snorlax. Went every direction and seemed I was getting closer. Pokevision was down for maintenance, he disappeared into the nether

gutshot

Conspiracy theory: PTC is down on purpose to lock out Pokevision and similar trackers while Niantic programs a way to stop them for good.

When you evolve it at a certain % of its max cp, it maintains that % through evolution. So its better if you can max it first, then evolve. (Might not be exactly same % but its close enough)
There's no advantage to upgrading a pokemon before evolving it whatsoever. The evolution process won't alter it's level, nor it's IVs and level upgrade cost is based on the level not the species (so all level 1 pokemon take 200 stardust to upgrade no matter what they are, for example) so that won't change either.

I'd actually advise against levelling pokemon before you evolve them, otherwise you could end up wasting a lot of stardust on something that gets a terrible moveset when you evolve it (movesets change when pokemon evolve)

LuncaticHigh already explained the % a bit, but if you have more questions about IVs and perfect % please check out the mega-FAQ that covers them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tzcmk/faq_on_ivs_info_megathread/
You can find a link/button to it on the opening post of this thread too if you ever need to consult it in future :3
That said, if it leaves you with any further questions feel free to ask here and we'll answer it best we can :D

Chaos17

I saw a lot of narrow minded people comments on news articles on FB as well...But this happens for every news topic so... Anyway "on the field" that's not the same, since the game launched in US and (obviously) even more now, I see a looot of people playing and enjoying the game.

Yes, fortunaly there is a majority being positive in france but that's unfortunate that a lot frenchs are also negative because it could've boosted a bit the econmy this summer if they stoped a bit to view games for kids.

I personaly, like to see how in america buisiness took advatage of it :D

Teknoman

Considering the phones you need to play the game, wouldnt those people have a job in the first place...or some sort of income regardless?

Muku

That's awful to hear such dislike for it by them. Though, I've seen it here in the States too. On FB memes about if you're playing GO you should have a job instead. Or instead of playing GO you should find a job.

I guess folks fail to realize you can have a job and hobby. You don't have to just pick one. I have felt from all of this as well that it's now okay to pick on folks hobbies and things they do in their free time that aren't harming others. It's like you folks who post this... should I start picking on that you watch movies? Or play guitar? Or maybe I should tell you instead of playing basketball you should go get a job. Whole thing irks me. What everyone does for fun shouldn't be mocked at this point. As long as you aren't killing people or doing something illegal, just leave well enough alone.

That data plan tho
I'm on Three's 3-2-1 plan. 1p per megabyte. Plus every time you top up £10 they give you 100mb free. I am not a fan of contracts and this is working out for me so far. Long term I might need to switch it up to some sort of add on thing.

edit. May be 150mb free now. And you can top up £5 online, I do it in store so £10 is the minimum.

I spent all weekend leveling up my Google account to match where I'm at on my PTC one. I decided just last night to focus on my PTC Team Valor account since most of my friends are on there, and the past couple of days showed some improved stability...

Then this morning happened.

I spelled my username on the Google account wrong, and I'm on Team Instinct on this one. The fact it'll be my main account is apropos >:T

In other news, I met a couple of friends at the beach while Pokemon training. One of them is/was very big on Ingress. He was telling me how a) Most of his Ingress friends have switched to PoGo, and b) since Niantic was big on adding updates/features to Ingress every couple of weeks, my friend is confident this game will be ridiculous when any similar features end up in this game (esp. in regards to Niantic saying there's only 10% of what they want to do with this game currently).

Despite the issues I'm having with this game now, I am hopeful they'll improve. Is there anyone who's been active with Ingress and can share any stories? I'd love to see the similarities of Ingress to Pokemon Go or see how this game can process in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom