• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I might have missed this, but has Niantic said when they plan to incorporate the footsteps/tracking option in-game? I went for a walk today and a Lapras showed up on my nearby Pokémon list. Of course, not knowing which direction to walk, I kind of stumbled around and ended up missing it. I know I could have used Poke-Vision, but by the time I thought to it was already too late.

It'd be nice if I could see this kind of information immediately in-game. :(

as someone who recently went on a pokehunt with someone using pokevision I can safely say that you should just ignore the in game radar completely. Any rare pokemon on it likely isn't with in range anyways.

either join the evil side and use pokevision or something similar to do targeted hunting, or understand right now you are basically just aimlessly walking around hoping you get lucky.

Commit sudoku, and start over
or wait and hope they introduce recustomization down the road, probably for a price

I assume recustomization will be free. As I more expect them to introduce a clothing and hair shop where you can buy new outfits and hair and even costumes for money.

sam777

Chose yellow shirt but picked team valor. How do I correct this terrible mistake? I'm past the point of no return.

P5C4qvh.jpg

At least you chose the right team, I am sure there will be an update in the future to change clothes and accessories.

Chaos17

I might have missed this, but has Niantic said when they plan to incorporate the footsteps/tracking option in-game? I went for a walk today and a Lapras showed up on my nearby Pokémon list. Of course, not knowing which direction to walk, I kind of stumbled around and ended up missing it. I know I could have used Poke-Vision, but by the time I thought to it was already too late.

It'd be nice if I could see this kind of information immediately in-game. :(

Niantic : "we're aware"
From Comic con 2016

chrono01

as someone who recently went on a pokehunt with someone using pokevision I can safely say that you should just ignore the in game radar completely. Any rare pokemon on it likely isn't with in range anyways.

either join the evil side and use pokevision or something similar to do targeted hunting, or understand right now you are basically just aimlessly walking around hoping you get lucky.

Niantic : "we're aware"
From Comic con 2016
Thanks, you guys.

I guess I'll continue to use Poke-Vision until it's no longer needed.

Found decent CP Porygon and Omanyte during my bus route through London this morning.

At present my hunting method is to wait for Pokemon to show on the in-game radar. If they're nearby, I'll walk around a bit and see if they pop up. If they're far, I'll hop on PokeVision and have a look since hunting distant Pokemon with the three step issue is a legitimate hell. It was tough enough before tracking was disabled.

In our local town yesterday, everyone was using apps to track down Pokemon. It was hilarious to see a group of almost 10 launch into a run after someone announced there was an Electabuzz near Cafe Nero, haha.

The San Francisco Embarcadero is basically an all-day lure party so any given time, magikarp will continually spawn all along the waterfront. If not along the water, don't worry, they seem to spawn so long as there's a lure going off.

For example, I took a screen of this on this past Saturday afternoon, but it's a pretty common sight that I've observed regardless of the day:

My secret this time was hanging out at Fort Mason this past weekend, where lures were plentiful and by the water.

I accumulated about 150 Magikarp candies over about 2ish hours today at Embarcadero.

Media try to diabolize the app when in fact it's none pokemon go players who're dangerous toward players, imo

Police arrest Brewer woman accused of Pokemon Go-related hit-and-run
Pokemon Go players allegedly shot at; Ont. woman charged

I will go out on a limb here and say it probably has to do with whatever religious affiliation the media associates with. Trying to fit Pokémon Go into their agenda because it deals with evolution and stuff like that. Plus it's popular, so it's instant clicks.

johnsmith

remember me
Has anybody seen a wild grimer? At this point that seems like the rarest pokemon around here. I've never heard of anybody catching a wild one, or seen any muks in gyms.

johnsmith

remember me
I've seen one. Even saw a couple Muks.

Was it around any specific geographical features that you remember? Maybe a dump or sewage facility? Or do you remember what kind of pokemon were around it? There seem to be definite pokemon "biomes" where certain ones are always together.

Chaos17

9000+ people got together for a live Pokemon Go event in San Francisco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cOp7-3NzmM

Man, that's incredible o_O

I will go out on a limb here and say it probably has to do with whatever religious affiliation the media associates with. Trying to fit Pokémon Go into their agenda because it deals with evolution and stuff like that. Plus it's popular, so it's instant clicks.

Nope, media try to diabloze it more in a way: "it's for kids, grown up should not play this"

Fought the gym here at the airport, got stuck with the 1HP bug twice. Luckily another member of team Mystic managed to take it over and I dumped a Pokémon there.

Jinjo

So.... Our local golf course has a periodically spawning Magmar (saw one on Pokevision and when that one disappeared a new one spawned).

If it keeps doing that I might see if I can get to it. I'll need you guys help though.

Edit: Holy shit. It has TWO Magmars on it now.

Edit2: Three now! That's a Magmar nest yo.

zulux21

So.... Our local golf course has a periodically spawning Magmar (saw one on Pokevision and when that one disappeared a new one spawned).

If it keeps doing that I might see if I can get to it. I'll need you guys help though.

Edit: Holy shit. It has TWO Magmars on it now.

Edit2: Three now! That's a Magmar nest yo.

only one park near me seems to have a special spawn

they spawn there pretty frequently (this image was just taken) so I will have to go down and catch some sometime. it's only like a 10 minute walk. Also seems to be the most common place for squirtle to spawn (we are talking one squirtle every 4-6 hours there though).

edit: new pic :p

So whats the best mobile pokemon map... app? Wanna track them better instead of being lost wondering where they are exactly. Pokevision was pretty accurate when I tested it looking for a Staryu down the street.

Also is it true Taruos is NA exclusive and Farfetche'd is Asia?

Acinixys

So they finally found a squirtle nest in my state. It's the only squirtle nest found so far, and it's in a fucking country club. The single bulbasaur nest is also a country club. Seriously what the fuck. Niantic better fix this shit. Golf courses and country clubs SHOULD NOT be special spawn points. I don't know if this is happening everywhere, but this is the kind of fucked up story that would get media attention if word gets out that it is.

The golf course near my house constantly has 25+ spawns on it

Saad

I have 30+ evolutions ready and 3 10km eggs incubating.. Now we wait for the right timing..

So whats the best mobile pokemon map... app? Wanna track them better instead of being lost wondering where they are exactly. Pokevision was pretty accurate when I tested it looking for a Staryu down the street.

Not sure abiut the best, but I have been using this wonderful tool since yesterday:
https://www.dslreports.com/front/gaftest.html

Acinixys

Look for Pokemon Go Live Map

Its a desktop app but it gives you a link you can use on mobile so you can go out and catch shit

Ambitious

Is there any relation between the distance you have to go to hatch an egg and the kind of Pokemon inside (i.e. the longer the distance, the rarer the Pokemon)?

Yesterday I saw a wild Elektek with 1079 during grocery shopping...my wife caught hers (with 98 though) and my flew :-( So 2 people I saw and missed are Elektek and Lapras :-(

You just made me realize I´m wearing the red shirt but am team Mystic. And now I can´t unsee it!

Just realized, me too :-D

correojon

Has anybody seen a wild grimer? At this point that seems like the rarest pokemon around here. I've never heard of anybody catching a wild one, or seen any muks in gyms.
I have one, but I´m not sure if I caught it somewhere or if it popped from an egg...I haven´t seen any more apart from the one I caught.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I caught a grimer, though there wasn't anything notable about the area.

correojon

SYkBdJP.jpg

it's always 3 signs,i can't find it
i went to every position but i can't find it.

I spent some time yesterday following a Butterfree around looking at the Near list to see when it dropped positions so I could tell if I was getting closer or not. After 15 minutes of going in circles I just used Pokévision and confirmed that the information the radar was giving me was total bullshit and the Butterfree was much further away from where the radar had led me.

Smithy C

Was it around any specific geographical features that you remember? Maybe a dump or sewage facility? Or do you remember what kind of pokemon were around it? There seem to be definite pokemon "biomes" where certain ones are always together.

I caught a Grimer in my apartment so...

Hystzen

The radar not working does not bother me really but what does bug me is the auto curve on balls just so you waste em and try con people buying more.

correojon

If I caught where I think I did there was nothing special about this place. Except that it´s in the outer part of the center of the city and it´s a place where many varied Pokémons appear: I´ve caught there a Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Lickitung, Polywag, Zubat, Pidgey...I go through that place everyday twice when I go to/from work and almost everyday I find something new.

M.J. Doja

Banned
The radar not working does not bother me really but what does bug me is the auto curve on balls just so you waste em and try con people buying more.

At higher difficulties you should just expect to have to curve it.

They still make you waste balls by having Pokemon break out so often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom