• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niantic NEEDS to change how Gyms are to be controlled by another team after a battle.

If your Gym has lost to another team should Not be allowed nor any other teams to place a Pokemon(s) to control.

Which ever trainer with the highest pokemom CP that battled and won against the gym leader should automatically become the next Gym leader.

Otherwise ppl are going to be squatting that gym and constantly placing Pokémon making it impossible to sit there and take full control.

We of a team of four to five ppl beat a level 4 gym. And after completely beating to claim the gym all they had to do was place a Pokemon inside every time.

How stupid of a game design idea it is for Niantic to allow players to easily abuse this...

crazyprac

So they finally found a squirtle nest in my state. It's the only squirtle nest found so far, and it's in a fucking country club. The single bulbasaur nest is also a country club. Seriously what the fuck. Niantic better fix this shit. Golf courses and country clubs SHOULD NOT be special spawn points. I don't know if this is happening everywhere, but this is the kind of fucked up story that would get media attention if word gets out that it is.

AJA8m33.png

Yeah same here...

Niantic NEEDS to change how Gyms are to be controlled by another team after a battle.

If your Gym has lost to another team should Not be allowed nor any other teams to place a Pokemon(s) to control.

Which ever trainer with the highest pokemom CP that battled and won against the gym leader should automatically become the next Gym leader.

Otherwise ppl are going to be squatting that gym and constantly placing Pokémon making it impossible to sit there and take full control.

We of a team of four to five ppl beat a level 4 gym. And after completely beating to claim the gym all they had to do was place a Pokemon inside every time.

How stupid of a game design idea it is for Niantic to allow players to easily abuse this...

That's not as annoying as leveling up a gym and then getting your spot stolen by someone haha. But yeah, they need a better system. Like why does leveling up a gym increase it by 200-400 when someone of the opposite team can just come and destroy about 40 minutes of work in 1 minute. It's absurd.

johnsmith

remember me
Are PTC logins down, or did they finally start cracking down on scanning programs? Doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden.

hirokazu

There's hitmonchan and bulbasaur nests in a country club in a city about 15 miles from me. I just drive there and park, no one has ever said a word to me.

A lot of nests tend to be assigned to parks. There's a tiny one in Sydney that spawns Hitmonlees and another one that seems to spawn Dratini. Golf clubs are usually given the same distinction as parks so they get randomly assigned nests as if they were parks.

Maybe the problem with the US is too many country clubs. :p

Pilgrimzero

Been needing another Magmar. One spawns up the street. I run to get it. 1230cp. He runs after 1 berry and 2 ultra balls.

My last 2 ultra balls.

Thought I would share the Pokemon GO database that I've been working on:

http://pokemongo.teampidgey.com

It's taken a long time for me to finish it and a lot of other databases have come out in the meantime. Some of them are really good, so I probably won't go much further with the project. Still, I figured I would at least share it with you guys, since I spent so much time on it.

This is pretty cool. Didn't realize Onix was such a bitch.

Well people already started using the bots around me. Seeing new high level names in gyms with Dragonites and Gyarados in Dallas today with levels in mid 20s. One guy took over multiple gyms and has high level Snorlax and Dragonites in multiple gyms.

Anastasis

Popped a lucky egg, evolved about 50 mons while walking to hatch 1 2km egg and 2 10km egg. On the second 10k egg, the game froze. I rebooted...and I don't seem to have received anything. I've checked recent Pokemon and there doesn't seem to be anything after the Jynx that was the first 10k egg. Anyone else have something like this happen? So frustrating!

zulux21

Hope those with bots get banned . Really just sad.

it really shouldn't be to hard to do so.

I mean no human could go from level 1 to 20 in a day let alone a few hours. they should have expected this was a possibility and should have ways to keep bots from ruining things.

I mean personally I don't see the point of botting out an account to claim gyms, but I could easily see people abuse it to get free lures though.
\
It doesn't really affect my personal enjoyment since gyms were pretty pointless any way, but it's kind of annoying seeing it since Dragonites never appear around here and Snorlax's almost never do.

I use gyms as my daily log in bonus. my wife and I will work and take a gym and then collect the rewards.
every 15 days that will buy us an incubator.

if the game calms down perhaps we will aim for a few gyms but for now we are happy with one.

Dreavus

That's not as annoying as leveling up a gym and then getting your spot stolen by someone haha. But yeah, they need a better system. Like why does leveling up a gym increase it by 200-400 when someone of the opposite team can just come and destroy about 40 minutes of work in 1 minute. It's absurd.

I don't have much experience with gyms, but they are maybe too easy to take down? I went to the park with a friend, decided to try and take a gym and we took it down easily. 6 pokemon each PLUS being able to team up made it no contest, even though we were completely outclassed.

On the other hand it would be pretty demoralizing if every single gym was controlled by level 29 players with absurd CP pokemon, so it's kind of cool that more casual players can team up and have an impact.

I dunno. Maybe making it a bit harder to take if it's been levelled up a lot (that actually takes some time).

There are bots online that catch pokemon and hit pokestops for you. All you do is run a program on your computer. Can also change locations to anywhere in the world with gps coordinates. They can get you to level 20 in less than 12 hrs.

They have bots up on reddit now that you can run on your computer to auto play the game. Goes around and collects pokestops and catches whatever. Could probably tell it go to certain spawns and grind them too.
Fucking Christ I hate people.

Why even use bots? It totally defeats the purpose of the game. With maps like pokevision you at least still have to get up and actually catch the pokemon.

Muku

I go out this evening to help my two local gyms with prestiege and Niantic servers throw up and prevent that as soon as I get to them. Thanks. -_-; It's rare I want to do gym stuff, so this just frustrates me. And it waited until I was out at them to start this crap. :(

BowieZ

Banned
I go out this evening to help my two local gyms with prestiege and Niantic servers throw up and prevent that as soon as I get to them. Thanks. -_-; It's rare I want to do gym stuff, so this just frustrates me. And it waited until I was out at them to start this crap. :(
Same. I went on my daily gym run an hour ago hoping to hold up to 7 local gyms at the same time for dat 70 coins and half the time I miss out on them just because of servers kicking me out of the gyms no matter how persistent.

So much stuff I've missed out on cos of server crashes, the worst bring a beefy Kangaskhan.

But I'll keep playing lol.

On a lighter note (literally) I've walked 160+ km in the past 11 days and am 73kg (was 84), the lightest I've been since 2009 I think.

hirokazu

I mean personally I don't see the point of botting out an account to claim gyms, but I could easily see people abuse it to get free lures though.
They don't even need lures because the bot can just catch whatever rare Pokémon show up whereever anyway. I'm not even sure what the ultimate point of these people are. E-peen? It completely defeats the purpose of the game.

It doesn't really affect my personal enjoyment since gyms were pretty pointless any way, but it's kind of annoying seeing it since Dragonites never appear around here and Snorlax's almost never do.
I affects a lot of people's personal enjoyment because one huge factor in holding gyms is to claim as many coins daily as possible. There are some people who are holding a large amount of gyms in an area with multiple 2000+CP Dragonites, Snorlaxes, etc.

It makes it a lot harder for people trying to play and enjoy the game legitimately after they've caught most if not all base Pokémon and are now working for good evolves and earn coins to buy stuff.

Muku

Same. I went on my daily gym run an hour ago hoping to hold up to 7 local gyms at the same time for dat 70 coins and half the time I miss out on them just because of servers kicking me out of the gyms no matter how persistent.

So much stuff I've missed out on cos of server crashes, the worst bring a beefy Kangaskhan.

On a lighter note I've walked 160+ km in the past 11 days and am 73kg, the lightest I've been since 2009 I think.

:( I didn't get to add to either of them. Would either hard crash at gym, wouldn't log in, or would try to start the gym battle then just boot me out. With the never ending Pokeball rotating. Probably won't get another chance to tackle them until the weekend. Ugh.

Also, congrats on losing weight! :)

zulux21

They don't even need lures because the bot can just catch whatever rare Pokémon show up whereever anyway. I'm not even sure what the ultimate point of these people are. E-peen? It completely defeats the purpose of the game.

oh I wasn't talking about that account.

I was talking about possibly business owners botting accounts in order to get lures for their nearby pokestop.

or a group of friends having someone bot accounts so they can lure a place they are all going to head to and what not.

lures can be used for your primary account even if you bot them out effectively. Thus I could easily see some people botting accounts just to get lures to use on their legit account to avoid having to spend money.

Daaammnnnn I just played around with a couple of IV Calcs and the Wartortle I found in the wild is officially trash-tier. WHY!?!?!

It looks like I have narrowed down info on a Squirtle nest so I guess I should just forget him and grind them for a bit longer than I planned. Still haven't confirmed in person, but they are popping up on Pokevision so it's probably legit info.

On the plus side the Snorlax I hatched seems to have 85-90% IVs. His move is probably not the best one though.

BowieZ

Banned
:( I didn't get to add to either of them. Would either hard crash at gym, wouldn't log in, or would try to start the gym battle then just boot me out. With the never ending Pokeball rotating. Probably won't get another chance to tackle them until the weekend. Ugh.

Also, congrats on losing weight! :)
Thanks! I feel amazing, I have abs now, but the new clothes have been expensive :( lol -- there could be much worse problems I suppose.

And yeah it sucks -- I'm really looking forward to fewer people playing in a month or two or whatever, and the servers smoothly running all the time, new Pokemon region(s) released (surely?) and most of all the Nearby radar steps functioning.

hirokazu

I use gyms as my daily log in bonus. my wife and I will work and take a gym and then collect the rewards. every 15 days that will buy us an incubator.

if the game calms down perhaps we will aim for a few gyms but for now we are happy with one.
I have to work solo because nobody else is Instinct. :|

Most I've held concurrently is 7, but I ended up only claiming coins for 6 because the servers crapped out shortly after and then somebody took one down.

I use it for Bag and Pokémon Storage upgrades so I get less "Your bag is full" and more room to mass evolve with Lucky Egg (and prepare for upcoming generations, I guess). I've never used a lure yet because lures go off all over the place in Sydney anyway. :3

Wait I just saw a list on Silphroad rating all the moves by DPS and Body Slam is the top one?

So I guess my Snorlax did get a solid move. That's good to know. He's probably gonna be a beast when I level him more.

So they finally found a squirtle nest in my state. It's the only squirtle nest found so far, and it's in a fucking country club. The single bulbasaur nest is also a country club. Seriously what the fuck. Niantic better fix this shit. Golf courses and country clubs SHOULD NOT be special spawn points. I don't know if this is happening everywhere, but this is the kind of fucked up story that would get media attention if word gets out that it is.

AJA8m33.png

I'm assuming you live in california because I see it's a riverside country club, and I wanted to let you know there's a squirtle nest at a park next to this community college in my area.

On a lighter note (literally) I've walked 160+ km in the past 11 days and am 73kg (was 84), the lightest I've been since 2009 I think.

Holy cow!!! TWENTY POUNDS (for us 'Merkans) in eleven days?! That's nuts!! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom