• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

So my coworker and I are sitting in the same room. Aerodactyl spawns for him, I think frome a lure Pokestop. I quickly switch on the app... nothing. This isn't the first time. So annoying.

johnsmith

remember me
These are the types of houses of the people that get Squirtle nests. Time to eat the rich.

U9VeBp7.png

r7LBHR0.png

Kojima (Hideo) is finally joining the craze. He posted this earlier:

He said at SDCC 2016 that he doesn't like Pikachu very much. If the Pokédex is expanded and Wailord is added, expect lots of tweets about how it ties into his next game.

Woah. You must have a lot spawn. Even with active hunting since launch I am only sitting at 200ish candies.

400 candies in 3 days? Teach me your ways fellow instinct teammate. Magikarp , while common. Is not really pidgey,ratata level common.

The San Francisco Embarcadero is basically an all-day lure party so any given time, magikarp will continually spawn all along the waterfront. If not along the water, don't worry, they seem to spawn so long as there's a lure going off.

For example, I took a screen of this on this past Saturday afternoon, but it's a pretty common sight that I've observed regardless of the day:

My secret this time was hanging out at Fort Mason this past weekend, where lures were plentiful and by the water.

zulux21

Lucky. Haven't seen either in my town =/

=/ Haven't seen a wild Arbok here either.

I haven't seen an ekans, or even a doudu at all even constantly scanning.

squirtle pops rarely in my area, pikachu even more rarely, but I haven't seen a bulbasaur or charmander at all :/

mugwhump

Think I was just the victim of a driveby. I arrived at the gym outside my house to add a pokemon to it and collect some coins, and right in front of it my egg hatches. While the egg's hatching this car pulls up, stops, and drives off, and I'm like "no no no NO." When I click the gym the slots are all full and the weakest pokemon there is twice as strong as my best pokemon ;_;

M.J. Doja

Banned
Found a Dragonite and a Snorlax in my neighborhood. Missed another Snorlax in a different area a few hours earlier. Thanks for this scanning program going as fast as it can. Would have never ever caught either of them in the wild, especially not expecting to do it in Culver City on random main streets.

I happened to turn on the game and there was a lure going outside my pace and a Tangela was just hanging out next to it. I've yet to cross paths with one, so that was really exciting. I woke my GF up and we both caught it. That's one more off my list.

Muku

Think I was just the victim of a driveby. I arrived at the gym outside my house to add a pokemon to it and collect some coins, and right in front of it my egg hatches. While the egg's hatching this car pulls up, stops, and drives off, and I'm like "no no no NO." When I click the gym the slots are all full and the weakest pokemon there is twice as strong as my best pokemon ;_;

Uggggh. I'm so sorry. Wish they'd put like a 5 minute hold on whomever took it down to get a chance to put up a Pokemon. Has happened to me before. Took a gym, had to heal Pokemon to put in and some Valor pulled up and jacked it. -_-; Fortunately was able to take it back. But meant more work.

Also wish you could pause the egg or auto hatch it because I had some pop up today while I was trying to do something else and it was annoying.

BTA

Found a wild Pidgeot after lunch today.

Wasted all my Pokeballs trying to get it thanks to a lot of accidental curves. Didn't get it and it wasn't even powerful to begin with. Nice.

Eklipsis

Ok I've been using a spreadsheet to determine the iv of my Pokemon but it's says there are combinations and then give a range of percentage. So how do I know which is the right percent?

For example I hatched a Jigglypuff today and the percent ranged from 47% to 97%. It's cp is 232 hp 97 and power up dust is 1000

I remember reading some posts about how the hype was dying down but seeing so many people gathered at a local 3 stop area was crazy for a monday night. Sat there for 2 hours and so many people kept coming and going.

Ok I've been using a spreadsheet to determine the iv of my Pokemon but it's says there are combinations and then give a range of percentage. So how do I know which is the right percent?

For example I hatched a Jigglypuff today and the percent ranged from 47% to 97%. It's cp is 232 hp 97 and power up dust is 1000

You can narrow it down when you power it up some more. I usually get more accurate numbers around level 20 (2500-3000 stardust). Even hatched a Pikachu that was 88.7% right out the egg. No other possibilities. But yeah, power it up some more and it'll slim down the % range.

MANUELF

Banned
Lucky. Haven't seen either in my town =/
=/ Haven't seen a wild Arbok here either.
Believe me this was the first time I see either, I was just lucky they were 2 block away from my house, have yet to see ANY single stage pokemon in the wild outside of the scyther I got with an incense

Pineconn

Feels good to properly amass 125 Dratini candies (well, 124), carefully select the one with the best IVs, and get a Dragonite with the best possible move set (Dragon Breath + Dragon Claw). And no, there's no Dratini nest near me. :)

EulaCapra

What's this site everyone keeps posting Maps from?

PokeCrew?
PokeVision?
PokeRadarGo?

I don't know which site/app to use. Please enlighten me.

foladar

I remember reading some posts about how the hype was dying down but seeing so many people gathered at a local 3 stop area was crazy for a monday night. Sat there for 2 hours and so many people kept coming and going.

tonight at downtown disney was the quietest i've seen it since PoGo came out.. but at least I got a Snorlax, despite being 220cp.

Septic360

Banned
Same. I went on my daily gym run an hour ago hoping to hold up to 7 local gyms at the same time for dat 70 coins and half the time I miss out on them just because of servers kicking me out of the gyms no matter how persistent.

So much stuff I've missed out on cos of server crashes, the worst bring a beefy Kangaskhan.

But I'll keep playing lol.

On a lighter note (literally) I've walked 160+ km in the past 11 days and am 73kg (was 84), the lightest I've been since 2009 I think.

Holy shit. Videogames made you lost 11kg?!! You lost 1kg a day??!

zulux21

On a lighter note (literally) I've walked 160+ km in the past 11 days and am 73kg (was 84), the lightest I've been since 2009 I think.

I wish it wasn't constantly 90+ here. if it was cooler I would be out more and ideally losing more weight myself lol.

might go out for a while on thursday though as I have the day off work, and it's only supposed to be 80 >.>

*misses winter*

I wish it wasn't constantly 90+ here. if it was cooler I would be out more and ideally losing more weight myself lol.

might go out for a while on thursday though as I have the day off work, and it's only supposed to be 80 >.>

*misses winter*
I live in the Phoenix area, and most of the time this has been out it's been 110+ around here. Sucks. Pretty much literally have to do it by car during the day, too fucking hot. Even at night it's 90+, often 100+.

johnsmith

remember me
So I'm finding that around here that neighborhoods closer to the mountains have more water pokemon. Meanwhile I go to parks with ponds and creeks and get nothing.

Unicorn

I live in the Phoenix area, and most of the time this has been out it's been 110+ around here. Sucks. Pretty much literally have to do it by car during the day, too fucking hot. Even at night it's 90+, often 100+.

99 at 10pm tonight. 30 mins and was sweaty and overheating my phone.

zulux21

it's only supposed to be 80 around here this time of year though, not 105 on average like phoenix.

Thus avoiding outside at 85+ here is normal.
85 there I am sure would be almost jacket weather :p

either way pokemon go has gotten me out a bit more than I normally would.

the heat has caused a bad cycle in general.
it's no good to go out during the day because it's so hot and the sun burns you so quickly. and it's no good to go out during night because the misquitos are crazy active anymore. 5 minutes outside without spray and you will likely have 20-30 bites on you. Though on the plus side for me Bats have started swarming... flocking... (not sure what bats do lol) and there is a nest of like 50 of them across the street from me, so the bug population does seem to slowly be going down directly near me, but not elsewhere.

Akiller

Kojima (Hideo) is finally joining the craze. He posted this earlier:

He said at SDCC 2016 that he doesn't like Pikachu very much. If the Pokédex is expanded and Wailord is added, expect lots of tweets about how it ties into his next game.

But he said he loved Gold and Silver so it is all forgiven.

takriel

it's only supposed to be 80 around here this time of year though, not 105 on average like phoenix.

Thus avoiding outside at 85+ here is normal.
85 there I am sure would be almost jacket weather :p

either way pokemon go has gotten me out a bit more than I normally would.

the heat has caused a bad cycle in general.
it's no good to go out during the day because it's so hot and the sun burns you so quickly. and it's no good to go out during night because the misquitos are crazy active anymore. 5 minutes outside without spray and you will likely have 20-30 bites on you. Though on the plus side for me Bats have started swarming... flocking... (not sure what bats do lol) and there is a nest of like 50 of them across the street from me, so the bug population does seem to slowly be going down directly near me, but not elsewhere.
This sounds like a nightmare place to live in man!

Firemind

Feels good to properly amass 125 Dratini candies (well, 124), carefully select the one with the best IVs, and get a Dragonite with the best possible move set (Dragon Breath + Dragon Claw). And no, there's no Dratini nest near me. :)
what the...

teach me your ways, leader.

chrono01

I might have missed this, but has Niantic said when they plan to incorporate the footsteps/tracking option in-game? I went for a walk today and a Lapras showed up on my nearby Pokémon list. Of course, not knowing which direction to walk, I kind of stumbled around and ended up missing it. I know I could have used Poke-Vision, but by the time I thought to it was already too late.

It'd be nice if I could see this kind of information immediately in-game. :(

zulux21

This sounds like a nightmare place to live in man!

it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't constantly near 100% humidity all the time right now as well lol.

In general I enjoy the weather around here though. I enjoy having 4 seasons where in the winter I get snow, and in the summer I can go swimming if I want.

I also don't really have cockroaches here either, which is a huge plus :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom