• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm level 12 right now, haven't had a chance to play a ton.

Assuming I can get 60 pokemon that can be evolved tomorrow, is it smart to use my lucky egg and gain a bunch of XP, or should I hold off until I'm a higher level?

All the gyms around my place have pokemon that are too high for me to do anything to.

XP now is the same amount as you would get later on, I'd say it's better to do it now so you get higher levels thus get to find higher level pokemon

hirokazu

for those of you saying you don't get why some of us focus on IV so much...there really isn't much else to do at higher levels at this point

i've caught 2,109 pokemon and visited 2,638 stops
That's true and I have nothing against players who take IVs seriously just like I've nothing against people who're hardcore into breeding & IV/EV optimization in the main games.

It's something I may look at as my Pokédex is close to complete if they don't put out substantial new features by them.

IMG_9330.jpg
IMG_9331.jpg

adamy

Banned
Much like the mainline games the values are hidden. You need to use a calculator to work them out Google found this one.

Honestly don't think it's worth it.

Depends how you define "worth it"

It's all relative brah

You might have missed my earlier post because it was posted towards the end of the page, but yeah ...

for those of you saying you don't get why some of us focus on IV so much...there really isn't much else to do at higher levels at this point

IMG_1866.png

IMG_1867.png

i've caught 2,109 pokemon and visited 2,638 stops

i have so many duplicates, so much candy, and more items than i would ever need

not really much else to do tbh other than focus on IVs. and fyi, IVs make a HUGE difference later on

my low IV pokemon aren't even remotely comparable to my high IV ones (currently only saving pokemon with +90% IV perfection and ideal move sets)

Tbh I've really only understood IVs for a only a few days now but they've added some life back into the game for me

adamy

Banned
That's true and I have nothing against players who take IVs seriously just like I've nothing against people who're hardcore into breeding & IV/EV optimization in the main games.

It's something I may look at as my Pokédex is close to complete if they don't put out substantial new features by them.

Dude what do you mean "may look at"...what else is there to do???

The only Pokémon I'm missing from my Pokédex are pretty much all water Pokémon, which I plan on grinding out at Santa Monica pier shortly

I've literally found nothing else to do. I can take over and any gym I run into, regardless of any variables, due to my Pokémon CP level and huge amount of items I have. But it's a waste of time cuz gym rewards are shit and combat is boring

hirokazu

So I'm level 12 right now, haven't had a chance to play a ton.

Assuming I can get 60 pokemon that can be evolved tomorrow, is it smart to use my lucky egg and gain a bunch of XP, or should I hold off until I'm a higher level?

All the gyms around my place have pokemon that are too high for me to do anything to.
If you've already got that many ready, you're much better off using Lucky Egg sooner rather than later. You catch up with other players and it let's you hatch and catch better mons.

Apparently, the CP you hatch a Pokémon at is capped to what it would be if you were level 20, and the CP you encounter wild Pokémon at is capped to what it would be if you were level 30, no matter how much higher your level is.

So there's not as much incentive to level up beyond 20 and almost no incentive to do so beyond 30.

Muku

Since I kinda got ripped off from doing Gyms last night due to servers, I spent this evening doing it. I think the best one was by my house, which is normally owned by Mystic, was under attack. I had come back from store with snacks. I get closer and see we're down to 500 prestiege. I slow my pace. I'll be coming up right near it, so I could hit it on the way in. It turns Yellow.

Get closer, to where the entrance is to the parking lot. I hear doors close. I hear a car start. I know it's you sneaky little Instincts. I slowly walk. I have a bag in my hand and made sure to put my phone in my pocket before I got close to them. I do the hokey pokey to the gym and watch them drive off. Bye bye Team Instinct. I then go in for the kill.

Took down their 1900 Snorlax. They didn't own it but like 3 minutes. I find it fun to sneak in behind them and jack it back. Haha. Timing on that was fantastic. If I was at home I'd have been like screw it. But since I was already way back in, made it fun to sneak in.

ramyeon

But it's a waste of time cuz gym rewards are shit and combat is boring
Bingo.

That's what I mean about IVs being not really worth it to me. I was hard into IV breeding with XY. Spent hundreds of hours getting perfect, competitive Pokemon. Because I loved battling them and the battle system was intricate and rewarding.

Just don't see myself doing that with GO since there seems to be very little motivation or reward to. I'm more than happy just going out with friends and catching shit, then when I've caught it all or people get sick of it then I'll probably just stop in all honesty.

hirokazu

Dude what do you mean "may look at"...what else is there to do???

The only Pokémon I'm missing from my Pokédex are pretty much all water Pokémon, which I plan on grinding out at Santa Monica pier shortly

I've literally found nothing else to do. I can take over and any gym I run into, regardless of any variables, due to my Pokémon CP level and huge amount of items I have. But it's a waste of time cuz gym rewards are shit and combat is boring
I'm still having fun catching Pokémon and there's still a couple of rares I don't have. Bag and storage upgrades make gyms worth it for me.

The gym scene must be pretty different where you are. Sydney city is insane when it comes to gym competition and even in the suburbs, although I can defeat all the gyms easily, you're looking at holding them for mere minutes to maybe a few hours. Some outliers maybe 1-3 days, but that's it. I run through my potions pretty quickly capturing gyms.

Heck I was the leader of a level 10 gym and it got taken down after four days.

adamy

Banned
Bingo.

That's what I mean about IVs being not really worth it to me. I was hard into IV breeding with XY. Spent hundreds of hours getting perfect, competitive Pokemon. Because I loved battling them and the battle system was intricate and rewarding.

Just don't see myself doing that with GO since there seems to be very little motivation or reward to. I'm more than happy just going out with friends and catching shit, then when I've caught it all or people get sick of it then I'll probably just stop in all honesty.

I'm still having fun catching Pokémon and there's still a couple of rares I don't have. Bag and storage upgrades make gyms worth it for me.

The gym reward system seriously needs to be fixed. As it stands, the current rewards are so so so shitty

Edit: btw 600 capacity bag here and it constantly hits the limits

after tweaking the back-end, my mobile browser finder is cranking at about 1 good scan per 10 seconds and no empty scans. https://pokemonnearby.io/

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

h2H6IJq.png

LMAO, I put the password in and the search said a Diglet was sitting right on top of me. "No way" I thought since I've NEVER seen a Diglet here and the only one I have came from an egg.

Sure enough, there he was. Right on top of my house.

Good shit man, thanks!

Quonny

Level 21 and only have 59 caught. Dunno how much longer I can hold on.

But it was fun talking about it with a friend tonight.

Banzai

IVs are messing with my head man. So my Water Gun + Ice Beam, XL+XL Blastoise that made me more happy than any other catch so far is only 50% perfect meaning sorta bad? Fuck that noise.

after tweaking the back-end, my mobile browser finder is cranking at about 1 good scan per 10 seconds and no empty scans. https://pokemonnearby.io/

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

h2H6IJq.png

Is there a general FAQ set up with this? I had some general inquiries such as: How big is the scan distance, if it's based on python does it use steps for measuring? Also, do the *** next to a pokemon indicate rarity?

You've done great work with this, it is going to be useful.

Does this work for mobile? I tried the last site and it didnt work for me

make sure that you're including https://

Is there a general FAQ set up with this? I had some general inquiries such as: How big is the scan distance, if it's based on python does it use steps for measuring? Also, do the *** next to a pokemon indicate rarity?

It says "Error: User opted not to share location?" on my 6S in Safari, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: My bad, I should had GPS on I guess in Safari, all good now :)

The scan distance is about 1000m as the crow flies maximum, it's too far for walking in many cases. It's a rewrite of the python, doing a spiral, and more efficient as a scan takes about 30 seconds.

The stars are a rough indication of rarity, some 3 star guys appear on average once out of several thousand of the commons. Last time I checked there were about 128 different ones seen today so 23 are rarer, or don't spawn yet.

It's using more than one trainer account if the usage gets higher I have to add more accounts otherwise randomly I start getting blank results.

ffvorax

cut

Thx for the share! Much appreciated! :)

It works fantastic. I tried on my phone with chrome but it says like "maybe no localization activated?" need to find out what is the problem... :p

Neoxon

Yeah, their FB post showed up for a moment ago for me which is why I'm surprised. I didn't see a reason why on it. Feel bad for everyone who has it preordered, wanting it now. :(
And my fear is that the hype for this game would be long since dead by the time the Pokémon GO Plus actually comes out.

Someone on Reddit found this in the ToS of Pokemon go, trading soon ?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/...ing_of_pokèmon_is_no_longer_a_tease/?sort=top
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Can't trade Pokemon for goods or money? What the fuck I already started coding PokeGOShuffle where you gamble your Rare Pokemon for a chance to win other People's rare Pokemon.

What the fuck is this bullshit Nintendo. If I want to sell my 3000CP Dragonite to another Trainer for $200 you better fucking let me. It's my legal right as a US citizen.

adamy

Banned
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Can't trade Pokemon for goods or money? What the fuck I already started coding PokeGOShuffle where you gamble your Rare Pokemon for a chance to win other People's rare Pokemon.

What the fuck is this bullshit Nintendo. If I want to sell my 3000CP Dragonite to another Trainer for $200 you better fucking let me. It's my legal right as a US citizen.

lol note sure if srs

Shit, it's been runaway city for me this morning. 121 Grimer, 1184 Tentacruel, 220 Mankey, and now a 310 Zubat have run after two or so balls. :S

Fantastic day of catching for me.

Highlight was definitely the Lapras that spawned in the park down by the ocean:

Also got a Hitmonchan, Primape, Sandslash and 4 Dratini.

Just need a few more each of Poliwag, Abra and Staryu to evolve them too, which will get me to 100 in the Pokedex.

Also up to 327/400 Magicarp candy and 53/125 Dratini candy.

Feels weird to have so much Dratini candy but be absolutely nowhere near Muk, Golem, Machamp, Charizard, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Raichu, Slowbro, Hypno, Rhydon, Omastar and Kabutops...
That list is longer than I thought it'd be haha, but still, once I evolve everything else I'm going to lose a lot of interest I think. Won't be as fun to walk around in the off chance I run into one of the above that are all rare in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom