• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that every girl wants a Pikachu*

*Anecdotal evidence might vary

My wife is salty cause I got 2 and she got none :D

Put it in your pocket then?

This sounds like one of those TV-Shop commercials:

Are you tired of walking outside, playing Pokémon Go to hatch your eggs, with your phone in your hand?...well we got THE PRODUCT for you...trousers...but wait there is a hook...they got pockets...*guy takes phone and puts it in the pocket* as easy as that you can carry your phone around to hatch your eggs...for only 99,95$ you get a classy pair of jeans and some nice suitpants! and if you call within the next 15 minutes you get 3 incubators for free!

adamy

Banned
My wife is salty cause I got 2 and she got none :D

image.png

literally gave up on catching them since i had so damn many (seen 36, caught 24, i started fleeing if they were higher CP just cuz they werent worth the time). since i learned about IVs i started actually caring about catching them again

IV literally has added some late game shit that was seriously lacking

PSFan

image.png

literally gave up on catching them since i had so damn many (seen 36, caught 24, i started fleeing if they were higher CP just cuz they werent worth the time). since i learned about IVs i started actually caring about catching them again

IV literally have added some late game shit that was seriously lacking

Your Pokedex is working? Mine is borked to hell. When you click on a Pokemon you've caught it always quickly scrolls to the beginning showing Bulbasaur and descriptions don't show at all. Is that happening for anyone else?

adamy

Banned
Your Pokedex is working? Mine is borked to hell. When you click on a Pokemon you've caught it always quickly scrolls to the beginning showing Bulbasaur and descriptions don't show at all. Is that happening for anyone else?

Never had issues with mine...I don't think. I don't use it very often but never noticed any problems

Yeah. Drowzees don't even break top 30 most common where I'm at and growlithes are the 7th most common. If you go about 12 miles west of where I'm at Ekans and Sandshrews become more common than pidgeys.

There are tons of Drowzees where I am.
But I never saw a sandshrew, geodude, ekans or whatever. I really seems to make a huge difference where you live. Crazy.

And can somebody please tell me what IV is
Please??!

Jintor

Dunno if go extender is screwing with power saving mode but neither are working

Himeji castle was gastly central today but on my way out I ran into a clump of like fifty people hanging around the gates. They were catching a pikachu.

Long story short I got a pikachu

Acinixys

Yeah I also don't get it. I don't want to use stuff like that either.
I know the whole tracking thing is broken and I hope they fix it soon but using stuff like this actually kills all the fun for me.

Not only is the nearby tracker broken, its STUPID broken

Ive had Pokemon show up as nearby, but when I go and look at Pokevision its like 1.5KM away

Thats not nearby.

Nighte

Have the same issue now.
My gf had the issue for a long time while mine worked fine. Now the last 2 days mine has been doing the same crap..

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I don't suppose there's a way to select a bunch of pokemon to transfer at one time? I've got like 100 zubats i need to get rid of...

Waldini

i caught one last night in the wild. never seen a muk though

Yep. Seen, and caught, the Grimer for the first time yesterday. There was a group of 20 people standing around a location all looking at their phones. Someone even said : "... o man! If you were a pedophile now ..."

... I caught the thing and got the fuck outta there.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I really hope trading will be locked down locally.
I really don't want to see a world trading market of pokemon.
(And GPS spoofing needs an harder hammer.. softbans? Shit should be perma)

Iceman829

The original reason was not being on an https domain - so check that its https
second reason is geo-location on the phone, permission for the browser, is off.
Another reason is the location accuracy is too low but it will display a different error for that.
You can get a second opinion on whether browser geo-location is working: https://esri.github.io/html5-geolocation-tool-js/

if the github link works, but the tool does not, then I'm not sure what the problem is it would take some debugging on your specific phone to find out the reason.

it was just me not entering https. Thanks for the response and nice tool

Thanks! But where can I find the password?

The link in the page that asks for the password takes you to my earlier post in this topic, which you Quote, to reveal the current access password.

Also I've a test version https://pokemonnearby.io/test.html that updates as you walk, shows "foot prints", sorts by distance, and is more in the spirit of the Nearby box. feedback via PM welcome. Don't clog the thread.
should I remove the distance in meters.
should it search a smaller area - most spawns are pointlessly far away.

pringles

Not only is the nearby tracker broken, its STUPID broken

Ive had Pokemon show up as nearby, but when I go and look at Pokevision its like 1.5KM away

Thats not nearby.
Yeah to me using the nearby function in the state it currently exists just ruins the game. A super rare pokemon shows up on the list? Zero chance to track it down. You can be going in the exact right direction and the nearby list can have the pokemon jump from first to 5th to 1st again, then have it disappear from the list altogether.
Using pokevision or jellies_two's app may be a "cheat" but when me and the gf are scrambling towards a pokemon that despawns in 30 seconds or walking/running 10-20km per day it doesn't really feel like cheating. The most fun moments I've had with the game so far would have been impossible if all we had was the nearby function.

pLow7

Might swomeone explain to me why the Game is so unfair in regards to locations ?

I mean i get that Santa Monica Pier is a tourist attraction. But it's incredibly unfair that it spawns ONLY rare pokemons. Did you see the map ? There are more Electeks, Kabuto and Amonitas than Pidgeys or Rattatas.

I can understand if you get SOME rare Pokemons to spawn there. But this is just crazy.
This isn't about luck anymore, you really have to live in certain Places to experience the whole thing.

Anarion07

The link in the page that asks for the password takes you to my earlier post in this topic, which you Quote, to reveal the current access password.

Also I've a test version https://pokemonnearby.io/test.html that updates as you walk, shows "foot prints", sorts by distance, and is more in the spirit of the Nearby box. feedback via PM welcome. Don't clog the thread.

very nice!
I noticed that for me it actually says team mystic when it's team valor, for gym ownership

Man I swore to never pay anything for a f2p game but now a nidoran(w) and a kabuto (which I never saw before) show up and I'm out of pokeballs...
Bought 20 for 1€ and caught both with the first ball. Damn you pokemon!

error - too busy with other scans. Sorry. Will add more capacity today.
;)
But anyways thx for your work, great stuff!

Anarion07

Anyone else seriously having problems throwing pokeballs far with an S7 ?
Had no issues on my xperia Z3, now with the S7 when i try to throw a ball far, it just drops down or simply doesn't recognize the speed at which i swiped

edit : just wasted 20 pokeballs on a zubat. hit none.

Pop

Might swomeone explain to me why the Game is so unfair in regards to locations ?

I mean i get that Santa Monica Pier is a tourist attraction. But it's incredibly unfair that it spawns ONLY rare pokemons. Did you see the map ? There are more Electeks, Kabuto and Amonitas than Pidgeys or Rattatas.

I can understand if you get SOME rare Pokemons to spawn there. But this is just crazy.
This isn't about luck anymore, you really have to live in certain Places to experience the whole thing.

Its unfortunate. I live in a town of about 40k. Bunch of Rats and birds here. Seen a couple of Snorlax's. Not much rares here.

Jinjo

Came across a Kingler on the way home, use Razz berry, throw Great ball, dude pops out and flees. Ass.

There seems to be a Ryhorn near my actual gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom