• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a good day:

lyQsx4B.png

Only ones I already had were Venusaur, Exeggutor and (the weakest) Golduck.

Also caught low CP Lapras and Dragonite :p

That Lake Front park in Kissimmee is an hour drive for me, might check it out this weekend. I scanned the nearby Hunters Creek golf course and it's a huge Charmander nest. I counted 7 unique spawns in the area at one point.

I need to make an excuse to drive from Jacksonville to Kissimmee...

Red Fire

The link in the page that asks for the password takes you to my earlier post in this topic, which you Quote, to reveal the current access password.

Also I've a test version https://pokemonnearby.io/test.html that updates as you walk, shows "foot prints", sorts by distance, and is more in the spirit of the Nearby box. feedback via PM welcome. Don't clog the thread.
should I remove the distance in meters.
should it search a smaller area - most spawns are pointlessly far away.

If you like, could you possibly make a separate scanner that just works like the nearby list? So no direction given and no number of distance, just the pokemon and the footprint? (And maybe rarity)

Edit: i just realised that it wouldn't work the same since you would have to constantly refresh the page. Damn

Finally hit level 20.
Going to give up farming Zubats and Drowzees now, they're not worth the effort/balls.

Want to work towards filling my Pokedex now... but wondering if it's even possible?
There are so many types that don't show up around here, no fire types, rock types, dragon types etc. Can I 'catch em all' just from hatching eggs?!

So my only Growlithe (theres not really any fire og sand esque types here) came from an egg. According to pokeassistant calculator, it's level 18 and has 100 percent perfect iv's . but it's main attack (currently) is bite which does 6 dmg. So is it worth the star dust ?

If you like, could you possibly make a separate scanner that just works like the nearby list? So no direction given and no number of distance, just the pokemon and the footprint? (And maybe rarity)

Edit: i just realised that it wouldn't work the same since you would have to constantly refresh the page. Damn

test.html one I linked does that, it refreshes the list as you walk.
But doesn't re-do the search, but for 10 minutes, hunting one listed, it works. Then you can refresh if you think the info is stale or too many reach 0s.
To make it more fun, it shouldn't show the distances, but it currently does.

Finally hit level 20.
Going to give up farming Zubats and Drowzees now, they're not worth the effort/balls.

Want to work towards filling my Pokedex now... but wondering if it's even possible?
There are so many types that don't show up around here, no fire types, rock types, dragon types etc. Can I 'catch em all' just from hatching eggs?!
Well Except two of mr. mime, farfetchd, taurus as they only spawn in specific regions, and ofcourse right now you can't get the legendary birds, mew or mewtwo either.

But I just got a growlithe and a ponyta from eggs, so it is possible. I've seen a total of one fire pokemon in the wild and I'm lvl 20.

Moves are re-shuffled upon evolution.
Just need to somehow get 35 more candies for'im then :p
I've go a question:
In your pic

You can see that some Pokemon have some kind of blue background while most others don't.
What does this mean. Is this a indication for something?

The blue thing means you recently got it.

I can't help it working.

It just keeps on saying "getting your location"

It is probably is a browser geo-location issue. if the browser never feeds back a location the box at the top right will stay at 0/0.

edit: and sorry everyone it appears like its often at the cap for simultaneous so you will get "too many other scans" type error message and have to wait again

Gandalf

I'm fairly certain my account has been banned. I haven't used GPS spoofing, the only way I've probably violated the terms is the use of Pokevision. But how the hell would they know I've used that?? Unless there's some misunderstanding which I can clarify, im fucked. Can't log in. How do I contact them?

Edit: Ignore this, logged in OK. God knows what happened.

shandy706

after tweaking the back-end, my mobile browser finder is cranking at about 1 good scan per 10 seconds and no empty scans. https://pokemonnearby.io/

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

h2H6IJq.png

Awesome. Thanks for this!!

oh for the pokemonnearby thing, what does the little star (asterisk) next to certain pokes mean?

I'd like to know this too :)

High CP?

So in the time this has been out I've managed to get a whopping 11 charmander candy.

I don't care about other rare stuff like Muk, I just want a Charizard :(

Saw this on facebook. Pretty great
Code:
[IMG]https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13659144_1331350923559859_9218291732240511669_n.jpg?oh=da902ff4f67a6c980a9df34658052855&oe=5830320A[/IMG]

suikodan

Are the premium items cross-buy? I mean, if I buy stuff in Pokemon Go from an Android device, will the items show when I'm playing on iPhone?

No prob, and that's a good question, surely there must be a calculator out there to determine max hp if you know the IVs/CP. Let me search around real quick.

Edit: Geminosity linked a database below, looks like the range between min and max HP isn't too bad, Vaporeon for instance has min hp of 211 and a max of 217.

this database shows the stats for pokemon at max level if they had 0% IVs vs 100% IVs if you're curious: https://pokemongodb.github.io/characters/#/search/

Yup, though you'll have to go looking for them, I doubt they'll just come to you ;D

Thank you so much to both of you! And yeah, that Vaporeon spread of HP between min and max IV is really surprisingly low! Good insight!

At the end of the day all of this seems really negligible in a game where you can dodge / spam attacks / and ultimately most battle are 6 v 3-5 in async mode :) It's just that I decided to play the game 'this way' trying to find perfect pokemon like a mad scientist of some sort :) Thx again guys!

Starting to get to a point where the 'randomness' of the Pokémon you come across is putting me off the game a little.

I'm travelling to and from work (Via train but can still catch, about 11 miles from door to door), walking around at lunch (in the centre of London), been out for walks at home with the wife, got to level 21 and yet I have still not come across one of the more powerful Pokémon that dominate the gyms. This is starting to become a problem as my highest (admittedly not upgraded) Pokémon are a 1.1K Hypno, 1K Golbat, 1K Golduck etc. yet all I ever see at the numerous gyms I go by is 1.5K-2.5K Dragonites, Gyrados, Snorlax, Arcanine etc. and its becoming potion/revive intensive to take them over by myself.

I have been saving my stardust (for that perfect Pokémon) and have about 61K saved up so I could upgrade some of my current ones but it just kind of feels a waste since its clear which Pokémon are the more powerful ones and so without any of those I feel like I'm powering up scrubs. My Golduck is pretty good though, his watergun attack is only 10 but because it's so fast he can do some damage but CP wise he can't keep up now with the gym Pokémon as much as he used to.

Just kind of feel like I'm plodding along now with the same old Pokémon and not much of a chance for anything new or exotic.

Chaos17

Is the game already available in France?

Officialy, since 2-3 days ago otherwise people could play at launch but they weren't many haters until official launch.

So I can easely tell that frenchs haters are the most vocal on twitter since official launch in France every day they try a new hatefull slogan. Other contries are instead worried about security wich is normal but french haters are lot on "discrimination" theme -.-'

Anyone else feel like the trackers like Pokevision or whatever are ruining the fun? The whole point for me was going out on a walk of discovery, not knowing what I was going to find.

Now everybody is using a script that tells them exactly where to go. That's not discovery, that's just collection. Boring.

I know, I don't have to use it, but it would be more fun if everyone was doing the same thing.

Seth

Anyone else feel like the trackers like Pokevision or whatever are ruining the fun? The whole point for me was going out on a walk of discovery, not knowing what I was going to find.

Now everybody is using a script that tells them exactly where to go. That's not discovery, that's just collection. Boring.

I know, I don't have to use it, but it would be more fun if everyone was doing the same thing.

If the in game tracker actually worked, id use it. Its inconvenient to flip between my browser and game while walking around. But i literally can't find anything because the game tracker has been bugged for a while now.

Nah, the way the game is currently is no fun anymore once you get a certain amount of pokemon and keep seeing the same shit all the time. If the tracker wasn't completely broken in game then I wouldn't use any of these. I like the thrill of seeing a new Pokémon pop up on the radar and bolting my ass over there quick before it disappears. People may prefer the opposite.

Cob32

The three step bug is ruining the fun more imo.

They're the lesser of two evils when compared to the broken in-game tracker.

Just got back home from Day 3 hunting. I went to the shore area and finally found out how awesome this game is! The area was constantly lit with lure modules, hundreds of people standing/sitting around to catch water type pokemons. Psyducks, Tentacools, Magikarps were literally everywhere. Families, couples and even the elderly were all catching pokemons with their smiling faces. In my whole life, I had never, ever, seeing anything like this. Thank you, Niantic and all parties involved, for creating this awesome worldwide phenomenon.

FFMafia

Just got back home from Day 3 hunting. I went to the shore area and finally found out how awesome this game is! The area was constantly lit with lure modules, hundreds of people standing/sitting around to catch water type pokemons. Psyducks, Tentacools, Magikarps were literally everywhere. Families, couples and even the elderly were all catching pokemons with their smiling faces. In my whole life, I had never, ever, seeing anything like this. Thank you, Niantic and all parties involved, for creating this awesome worldwide phenomenon.

Is that clematis in west palm beach?

Septic360

Banned

Haha wow. It really is incredible what Niantic have managed. Its insane.

hydruxo

Nah, if anything Pokevision has made it more fun. I enjoy seeing a rare pokemon on Pokevision and going out to try and hunt down its location before it despawns. If the 3 step bug didn't exist then I'd have no reason to use a 3rd party tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom