• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeNut

Anyone else feel like the trackers like Pokevision or whatever are ruining the fun? The whole point for me was going out on a walk of discovery, not knowing what I was going to find.

Now everybody is using a script that tells them exactly where to go. That's not discovery, that's just collection. Boring.

I know, I don't have to use it, but it would be more fun if everyone was doing the same thing.
I kind of agree, but while the actual in game locator doesn't work, at least these ones are giving people an idea of what's around, you don't have to use it to pinpoint you to the exact area

GulAtiCa

When it comes to boosting your team's gyms. I'm confused on the points you get.

Why is it if I use a Golduck to destroy a Flareon I get 600 to 700 points. But if I use a Vaporeon it only gives me like 150?

Is that clematis in west palm beach?

No, it is Whampoa in Hong Kong. Whampoa is a former pier and the area had undergone reclamation for residential use. It is a nice neighborhood (though I don't live there) and has an interesting tourist spot - an inland ship acting as the shopping mall.

com-pto-SSWhampoa-Ext.jpg

Haha wow. It really is incredible what Niantic have managed. Its insane.

Yeah, especially when the server, at least for Hong Kong, is holding up very well for these few days.

FFMafia

No, it is Whampoa in Hong Kong. Whampoa is a former pier and the area had undergone reclamation for residential use. It is a nice neighborhood (though I don't live there) and has an interesting tourist spot - an inland ship acting as the shopping mall.

Yeah, especially when the server, at least for Hong Kong, is holding up very well for these few days.

Oh haha sorry looked like an area I have been to lol

GlamFM

Banned
HOLY COW!

My city is going to lock down the most popular Pokemon street for cars so more people can play. They are also going to put up mobile toilets.

+

Our subway company will outfit one train with Pokemon drawings and drive super slow for special Pokemon tours.

My City is kinda cool!

Otheradam

If the poke trackers didn't exist, I would have stopped playing. It's a lot more fun now seeing something pop up and biking over to it before it despawns. I feel like I am Red from the games!

Falchion

Saw a Blastoise on PokéVision so I sprinted out to my bike and rode a few blocks down at warp speed to catch it. Such a great tool to fill out the Pokedex.

GulAtiCa

HOLY COW!

My city is going to lock down the most popular Pokemon street for cars so more people can play. They are also going to put up mobile toilets.

+

Our subway company will outfit one train with Pokemon drawings and drive super slow for special Pokemon tours.

My City is kinda cool!

Cool! And that city is?... lol

PSFan

If the poke trackers didn't exist, I would have stopped playing. It's a lot more fun now seeing something pop up and biking over to it before it despawns. I feel like I am Red from the games!

Agreed. As I said before, it's not that much different than the Pokedex in the regular games showing where to go to find a particular Pokemon.

Firemind

Starting to get to a point where the 'randomness' of the Pokémon you come across is putting me off the game a little.

I'm travelling to and from work (Via train but can still catch, about 11 miles from door to door), walking around at lunch (in the centre of London), been out for walks at home with the wife, got to level 21 and yet I have still not come across one of the more powerful Pokémon that dominate the gyms. This is starting to become a problem as my highest (admittedly not upgraded) Pokémon are a 1.1K Hypno, 1K Golbat, 1K Golduck etc. yet all I ever see at the numerous gyms I go by is 1.5K-2.5K Dragonites, Gyrados, Snorlax, Arcanine etc. and its becoming potion/revive intensive to take them over by myself.

I have been saving my stardust (for that perfect Pokémon) and have about 61K saved up so I could upgrade some of my current ones but it just kind of feels a waste since its clear which Pokémon are the more powerful ones and so without any of those I feel like I'm powering up scrubs. My Golduck is pretty good though, his watergun attack is only 10 but because it's so fast he can do some damage but CP wise he can't keep up now with the gym Pokémon as much as he used to.

Just kind of feel like I'm plodding along now with the same old Pokémon and not much of a chance for anything new or exotic.
- Hatch 10km eggs
- Evolve Eevees using the naming trick
- Evolve upper 500cp Slowpokes, Staryus, Drowzees, Golducks, Pidgeottos and hope to get the right moves.

There are plenty of avenues to get high cp pokemon relatively early.

- Hatch 10km eggs
- Evolve Eevees using the naming trick
- Evolve upper 500cp Slowpokes, Staryus, Drowzees, Golducks, Pidgeottos and hope to get the right moves.

There are plenty of avenues to get high cp pokemon relatively early.
I have hatched around 30 eggs and so far had no 10KM eggs at all, all 2KM and 5KM.

I have only ever seen around 5 Evee's, i need 1 more Evee candy to evolove and already have it named for a hopeful Vaporeon.

As i said I i have some Hypnos and a Golduck and have only just today got enough Staryus (through hatching) to evolve a Starmie.

As stated my main issue is that other than the Golduck and now Starmie (which are the only ones of their type i have since it took so long to get enough candy) the only 'high' powered pokemon i have are the common ones that dont compare to the ones you get a gyms.

dmr87

Yea, we love it. Just walking around casually catching the usual suspects and scanning here and there, and suddenly something comes up and everyone gets crazy. "CAN WE MAKE IT? I'M RUNNING FOR IT, GOOOO"

Firemind

I have hatched around 30 eggs and so far had no 10KM eggs at all, all 2KM and 5KM.

I have only ever seen around 5 Evee's, i need 1 more Evee candy to evolove and already have it named for a hopeful Vaporeon.

As i said I i have some Hypnos and a Golduck and have only just today got enough Staryus (through hatching) to evolve a Starmie.

As stated my main issue is that other than the Golduck and now Starmie (which are the only ones of their type i have since it took so long to get enough candy) the only 'high' powered pokemon i have are the common ones that dont compare to the ones you get a gyms.
I think you're a bit of an outlier since you're lvl. 21 but only have 60k stardust saved up. In comparison, I'm lvl. 20 and I have almost double the stardust at this point.

Also, Slowbro is in the upper tiers and Slowpokes are relatively easy to come by.

UFggkh6.jpg

L.O.R.D

HOLY COW!

+

My City is kinda cool!

what street?

jts

...hate me...
I’m having a lot of trouble holding items, constantly over the limit.

Should I give in to IAP? :( I feel that it can be a slippery slope.

I think you're a bit of an outlier since you're lvl. 21 but only have 60k stardust saved up. In comparison, I'm lvl. 20 and I have almost double the stardust at this point.

Also, Slowbro is in the upper tiers and Slowpokes are relatively easy to come by.

UFggkh6.jpg
Well i was using my stardust for most of my game but decide not long ago ti start saving it for upgrading any potential rare/powerful pokemon i might have got so it isnt indicative of my whole play time.

I just checked my medals and it states i have caught over 800 pokemon, walked 68.5KM, hatched 32 eggs and seen 69 pokemon while catching 66(missing 3 due to server issues) so i think i have played it a fair bit.

As for Slowpokes, i have only ever seen/caught 6 so for me they havent been that common.

Thats something people giving advice need to remember, whats common for you might not be for others.

Maybe its just bad luck but seeing the amount of people at gyms with these high powered mon makes it annoying.

Septic360

Banned

UFggkh6.jpg

How accurate is this chart? What does this signify? Rarity? Power? Falafel?

GulAtiCa

UFggkh6.jpg

I like how Gyrados takes 400 candies and yet only B- tier... lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Anyone else feel like the trackers like Pokevision or whatever are ruining the fun? The whole point for me was going out on a walk of discovery, not knowing what I was going to find.

Now everybody is using a script that tells them exactly where to go. That's not discovery, that's just collection. Boring.

I know, I don't have to use it, but it would be more fun if everyone was doing the same thing.

Discovery is still there, it's just different. My buddy and I were driving around when we noticed a Scyther pop up on the map. We immediately changed direction and started heading that way. We approached the vicinity and drove back and forth over a small bridge, but the Scyther spawn was not being triggered. Then we realized with a sinking feeling that we had to go under the bridge to the waterfront. The path to water was a trail that was off limits to cars. So we had to drive to the beginning of the trailhead with only a few minutes left before the Scyther disappeared. We literally sprinted towards the water. I don't think I ever ran that fast in my life and luckily nobody else was there because we looked like maniacs.

We made it just in time to see the green beast pop up and were successful in capture!

And for our efforts we were rewarded with this view and discovered a hidden small boat dock in the neighborhood

Why should you spend money for it? Just take over some gyms, you should be able to collect 200 coins within a few days.

if u think it would make u enjoy the game more why not. i purchased 2 upgrades for my bag so far and considering more since i'm almost always full.

daemonic

Banned

UFggkh6.jpg

Gyms in my city are overrun with Vaporeon, Snorlax, and Dragonite. If you don't have these three you may as well throw in the towel.

Gyms in my city are overrun with Vaporeon, Snorlax, and Dragonite. If you don't have these three you may as well throw in the towel.
That’s what it's like on my travels, any Gym that is successful and last more than an hour tend to have all of the top Pokémon based there.

It's still possible to take them of course but when you have multiple Pokémon that are/nearly double your CP it really takes its toll on your potions/revives.

adamy

Banned
Anyone notice it's impossible to catch Pokemon if you're moving too fast?

If I'm in a car going +60mph they always escape 100% of the time after first ball that hits them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom