• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexlf

Anyone notice it's impossible to catch Pokemon if you're moving too fast?

If I'm in a car going +60mph they always escape 100% of the time after first ball that hits them

You're getting softbanned by anti-botting algorithms.

Edit:
It sees you going fast and assumes GPS spoofing.
Rather harmless though, should only last ~5 mins after you stop going fast.

gutshot

Ready to wreck some gyms with this bad boy...

0e55tnKMI2iyC2ENpOLSgQdkXjCbn6_rs8AsJMk1y2tZI8_TK0lKUiyl7C4YG-N0pY1PlhCbYKawBqQL-ZFCukWzB_0TsTBqbLxlS_JpD2QDBGlxFkglrVkW2-mFpKXI9QSSTkyTKQTa7hMEpaTNC29b1TybaH8JZ9CLHrSgOqNn4AhJtx2qWkNbDO5ZIX5-KjNFG98f8v2y-CIPEEfXhSX46vfOW5EjLqkIaH93KB3Fo8bIP9xO3Ui2GwSk_FSDZFHEVuKjNN9qnB5nm8DnNoo1SU4de49iJp3MBa0kmpA43aKeolGFjuUSWUyxaJnQVUMo042QLO9NzPNhyajk23z-0hU0CPQuG_P9vUrvnhJa_s0twiMKh1cVLrrtj9JimjOXuhTVOD7yzGbr0ZeUI5ylVt1MeUosbNCu-6B-FKY5LWHmoUegR5dkpZ8VxgxwLLX4tqnyTTlG1gUMEVVAF_P9Z27a4VsTMNmm1oljdNHAaMtW6hVFzhK35vfg2ks-sgZe3wUof5LJkdaFRXGBuonIRSan1bO6GrIOmJC_GwjQvN333eH2jFLT9OvfPvGg2UNaKfgPDsdf8OJP-Uv3GbzC6JUK9VU=w750-h1334-no

Anyone having trouble with their great balls always curving?

It seems like every time I use a great ball 5 of them just fly off the screen before one lands. I don't have this problem with pokeballs so maybe this is a bug?

domlolz

Banned

It seems like every time I use a great ball 5 of them just fly off the screen before one lands. I don't have this problem with pokeballs so maybe this is a bug?

make sure you are swiping straight, use both hands. most of the time it's people not realising they arent swiping straight especially on pokemon further away

Yeah this has been happening for me it's super annoying when my local poke stop is so far away

Why do people recommend making ptc accounts rather than throwaway Google accounts for the scripts?

Just curious - I used a throwaway Google account which seems more reliable as ptc tends to go down fairly often

suikodan

I’m having a lot of trouble holding items, constantly over the limit.

Should I give in to IAP? :( I feel that it can be a slippery slope.

Anyone knows if the IAPs are cross-buy? I have Google Play credit but play mostly on iPhone.

So, if I'm going on a trip and will be riding passenger on the highway, there's no point in popping an incense to try and catch stuff?

Since it's just going to soft ban me for going too fast?

gutshot

Anyone knows if the IAPs are cross-buy? I have Google Play credit but play mostly on iPhone.

If you have an Android phone you can login to the game and purchase your items through, you can use the Play store credits. Can't do it with your iPhone though.

The Cowboy

Sat in town on my lunch and solo took out a red level 5 gym, after beating it the last time and it went through the victory bit and showed it being turned to grey - I clicked it and BAM - it was now being converted to a blue gym (I'm yellow).

They really need to add in a short timer (say 2 mins) locking the now grey gym to the person who took it down - to give them a chance to put one of their Pokémon in.

GulAtiCa

So, if I'm going on a trip and will be riding passenger on the highway, there's no point in popping an incense to try and catch stuff?

Since it's just going to soft ban me for going too fast?

I wouldn't recommend an incense for car rides anyways (unless going slow), since pokemon will be zooming by too quickly (though not hard).

I don't think they will softban you. I play when my GF drives all the time anyways. I can catch pokemon & get pokestops quite well.

Tip for Pokestops & Cars: Only touch the pokestop just before you enter range. If you do this well, by time it comes up you can swipe it and gain the items without trouble.

domlolz

Banned
okay niantic you sorted the game servers out now sort out the ptc login.

i'm sure you could just sync with ptc every so often instead of relying on those servers which obviously aren't built to withstand the pressure go is putting on them.

Kaversmed

You can get up to 100 coins per day from holding up to 10 gyms. You just have to be a bit lucky or find a group to go around and cap gyms with to make it easier.

That's Impossible where I live. First of all, there aren't even 10 gyms nearby that I possibly could get to without spending hours walking. Second, even when we take over a gym here it will be overtaken within 30 minutes. If I'm lucky, I can maybe get 30 coins on a good day, but mostly it's just 10 coins/day.

nubbe

That's Impossible where I live. First of all, there aren't even 10 gyms nearby that I possibly could get to without spending hours walking. Second, even when we take over a gym here it will be overtaken within 30 minutes. If I'm lucky, I can maybe get 30 coins on a good day, but mostly it's just 10 coins/day.

Pokemon players are moving to Düsseldorf, join us

panda-zebra

Been using Pokémon GO Live Map not to go rushing out grabbing nearby pokémon, but to scope out areas a little further away where I normally wouldn't go. Managed to find a reliable Pikachu spawn street, a park that spawns regular Pinsirs and a Magmar-spawning golf course. That's where we'll be heading next time we're out hunting :)

Septic360

Banned
Been using Pokémon GO Live Map not to go rushing out grabbing nearby pokémon, but to scope out areas a little further away where I normally wouldn't go. Managed to find a reliable Pikachu spawn street, a park that spawns regular Pinsirs and a Magmar-spawning golf course. That's where we'll be heading next time we're out hunting :)

Do you mean pokevision.com?

Zafir

I wouldn't recommend an incense for car rides anyways (unless going slow), since pokemon will be zooming by too quickly (though not hard).

I don't think they will softban you. I play when my GF drives all the time anyways. I can catch pokemon & get pokestops quite well.

Tip for Pokestops & Cars: Only touch the pokestop just before you enter range. If you do this well, by time it comes up you can swipe it and gain the items without trouble.

I'd argue Incense is best for riding around in a car in residential areas. Assuming you're only going 40MPH at the most, pokemon pop up more quickly with an incense than if you were just walking or standing still.

Don't even bother if you're going faster than that though.

Yeah I tend to only get 10coins a day. Gyms are too spread out.

You can get up to 100 coins per day from holding up to 10 gyms. You just have to be a bit lucky or find a group to go around and cap gyms with to make it easier.

Don't know what gyms are like in your area but everything in my area has Pokemon with 1800 CP on them, and I can't take that, anywhere near that.

Meier

Higher level pokemon are just harder to catch. When the game literally won't let you throw straight, you need to curve the ball to try and hit them. Spin the ball around quickly and then flick your finger in a semi-circle motion the way you'd like to have the ball curve.

I just made a little video of the gesture as an example: https://streamable.com/ixa0

Has anybody seen this?

So I take down a gym controlled by a Mystic Jolteon in the 600's. I post up a Snorlax (Instinct) and move on. I check on the gym about ten minutes later and the Mystic Jolteon is back, but I don't have my Snorlax. As if he's still holding the gym. Is Snorlax's return just delayed?

Edit: posting this (and quitting the app) fixed it!

What exactly do you not like about it?

This

i dont think its that bad, locking players out of the expanded pokedex until they've got a certain amount of 1st gen pokemon is a bad idea though

I don't like the concept of people needing to hit some quota before unlocking generations of pokemon. Honestly I hope at some point that they upgrade the Pokedex for everyone to show 751 (or however many) slots, and then just trickle in random pokemon from any generation, without announcing them or anything so that it's more exciting and unpredictable. Also so we won't have to wait multiple generations for some pokemon to get their evolutions. We need pokemon like Electivire, Magmortar and Rhyperior asap IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom